Chapter 35 - Alternate Ending (Marcus)

Under the Cherry Blossoms

Kate

I rushed to the port to meet Andrew that day. It was the day of the exhibit but I figured that I won’t be needed that much there anyway so I just came to see Andrew first if he was okay. When I arrived there, I saw him sitting at our usual spot. He noticed me and waved his hand to come over.

When I reached him, he smiled. “I thought you wouldn’t come.”

I just smiled back.

“There’s something I wanted to tell you…” he paused. “Kate, I want you to know that I’m… upset with you.” He started to speak, as he faced me. We were still standing and he was looking down at me.

“Uh… w-why?”

“I told you to see me first when you arrive here but you didn’t show up,” he said. Then, I remembered his words before. “I’m… sorry…” I just mumbled.

“But… that’s not really what I wanted to say…” he paused again. “I… finally realized that…. I really like you.”

I was stunned. I didn’t expect him to say that. Okay, well maybe I did hope for it. But I wasn’t really expecting him to like me, especially after their break-up.

“I know you may not seem to believe me but, I’ve always liked you Kate. It always crosses my mind that if Steph wasn’t in my life, I could’ve chosen you.” He stared at me and held my gaze. “And now that she’s gone, I thought I should take a chance with you.”

“Andrew…” was all I could say.

“Please… give me a chance.” He begged, now holding my hand.

“Andrew… I can’t.”

He dropped my hand. “W-why not?”

“I… still need more time to think.”

“It’s because of Marcus, isn’t it?” he asked.

I couldn’t answer him, because he was right. “Andrew, you know that I like you but…”

“Not as much as you like him…” he continued what I said.

We both remained silent.

After a few minutes, he spoke. “I guess you need to go now… at the exhibit…”

I nodded.

He moved towards me and hugged me all of a sudden which got me by surprise. “I’ll always be here Kate.”

 

I quickly took a cab to go to the studio. When I arrived there, few people were inside. I scanned the hall for Marcus but he’s nowhere to be found. Just then, I heard someone spoke behind me. “Kate, you’re finally here,” Max said. Vince was trailing behind him.

“Max, Vince, where is Marcus?” I asked them.

“He… went out,” Vince answered.

“Where?”

“Molla,” Max shrugged his shoulders.

“But he was really upset Kate. He was expecting you to come,” Vince told me.

“But I’m here now,” I said.

“Yeah. But he’s the one who’s supposed to show it to you,” Max replied.

“Show me what?”

Max and Vince looked at each other. Then, they turned to me grabbing my hand. “Come on. We’ll show you.”

We walked towards the hallway and entered a small room. I quickly noticed my artworks hanged on the wall at the center. I turned to the two. “Is this what you’re gonna show me?”

“Look to your right.” Max pointed at the direction and what I saw made my eyes popped out. There were photos of me everywhere. Most were candid that I didn’t even know when and how it was taken. There were those from the time I was just sitting in the park, inside the classroom, and even the hallways. But what captured me were those pictures from the excursion in Japan. The photo of me at the peak of Mt. Fuji was the best.

“Now you see what we’re getting at?” Vince commented on my side.

But I was still busy admiring the photos that I ignored my works on the center. When I came back to my senses, I turned to them. “Where is he?”

“We don’t know.”

“Come on Max, Vince, tell me,” I begged them.

Max sighed. “Maybe he’s still at the Palace. He’s gonna leave the country soon so better hurry there.”

“We’ll just drive you there. Come on,” Vince grabbed my hand.

 

Marcus

I stared back at the Palace and closed my eyes. I’ll be leaving the country without even saying good bye and without even confessing to the only girl that I liked. I glanced at my surroundings and suddenly stopped when I saw the big signage “Kate’s Green Park” at the corner of the Palace. I specifically had it done for her before but I guess I wouldn’t be able to show it to her anymore.

“Prince Marcus, we need to go,” Secretary Ho reminded me, as he opened the car door.

I nodded and stepped inside. The car started to move. I rested my head on the seat and closed my eyes again hoping that I’d eventually forget her after going to another country. I was already feeling comfortable with my seat when suddenly, my phone rang. I didn’t pick it up. But it just kept on ringing so I answered it. “Yoboseyo?”

“Marcus!” the voice yelled at me.

I jumped up from my seat after hearing her voice. “K-Kate?”

“Don’t you think you’re forgetting something?” she asked.

“W-what?”

“My heart, neo babo!” she exclaimed.

“W-what? W-where are you?” I asked her but she already hanged up. Aish! That girl! I my tracking device and soon enough, I knew where she was. “Ahjussi, please stop the car. I need to get off now.” I ordered the driver but he continued to drive. “Ahjussi, I’m demanding you to stop this car. RIGHT NOW!”

“Your Highness, the King and Queen specifically said-“ I cut him off.

“If you don’t want to be fired, better stop this car or I’ll jump off of here.” At that instant, the car screeched to a stop. I quickly stepped out and ran back towards the Palace. The guards were bewildered as they saw me running towards the gate. “Open the gates. PALI!”

They heeded my order and I quickly proceeded to the park. True enough, I saw this girl twirling around and enjoying the sight of the Cherry Blossom trees. I walked near her slowly not wanting her to notice me. I just watched her as she smiled giddily at the falling blossoms.

“Ya! Don’t you think you’re too old to be dancing around like that?” I said, causing her to turn and face me.

“M-Marcus…” she stared at me.

“What? I thought you said I forgot something. Now where is it?” I asked her.

“I… i… was just…” she stuttered, which made her look cute and funny at the same time. She never stuttered infront of me.

I moved towards her. She stepped back. I moved to her closer again and she stepped back until she was caught by the trunk of the Cherry Blossom tree. She froze when I was finally just a few inches away from her. “What Kate? Speak.” I continued to .

“I… I…” she paused. I was anticipating her words. Then, she took a deep breath and started to speak. “I think you’re really annoying and self-centered. You’re the Prince that everyone adores and loves. But I… never thought of you as Prince. You’re just Marcus… who always shouts at me and gets into my nerves. Yet the one whom I never realized how much who cared...”

She stopped after saying those words in a fast track. I was still in a daze at that time. But hearing her say those words made me smile.

“If I say I like you, will you… w-will you go out with me?” She closed her eyes after saying it. I chuckled at her mushiness.

“Wow. The girl is asking me out. What should I do?” I .

She pouted and turned her back. I grabbed her waist and turned her to face me. “I know there are lots of pretty girls that are more suited to you Marcus. I’m sorry if I-“ I cut her off with my finger on her lips.

Then, a sudden urge came up to me. I kissed her cheek. She blinked a few times before realizing what had just happened. I pulled her closer to me and whispered to her. “I only like you Kate. There is no other else in this world that I’d want to be with but you…”

“Now tell me, are you willing to be my princess?” I left her with that question. Our faces were just an inch away from each other now. This time I couldn’t help myself but kiss her so I did. I was about to break away but I noticed her kissing me back so we just both enjoyed it like that was our last.

∞∞∞

A/N: Awwww! So it’s officially the end for this story. I hope you all enjoyed the alternate endings. If not, then… I don’t know. Haha  :D 

I want to thank EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU who supported this story. Like what I’ve said before, I wasn’t even expecting to gain a hundred reads so it’s really very overwhelming to know that you read my story :) I know I can’t thank you all enough and my words couldn’t describe how much I appreciate you all. YOU are my inspiration in writing this.

P.S. I’m writing a new fic and it’s gonna be (drum roll please) an EXO fic. Yeah. Haha It’s called “Unspoken”. Please do check it out! I’d love to hear what you think about it so I hope you support it as much as you did here. The first chap will be up sooooon so please anticipate.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH AND I LOVE YOU ALL! ~ :*