Chapter 12 - The Excursion in Japan

Under the Cherry Blossoms

 

Marcus

                I arrived at the Incheon airport at around 10 in the morning. Our call time was 10:15 and yet, there were only a few of our classmates here. What’s taking them so long? It was making me impatient. I glanced at Vince and Aiden who were both eating again. Max was quietly sitting next to them listening to his music as usual.

                “Prince Marcus, don’t you wanna sit?” one of my guards asked.

                “Anieyo (No),” I answered.

                “Marcus-ah, why are you standing there?” Aiden asked me.

                Vincent laughed. “That’s what you get after choosing to come with us and not in your private plane.”

                “Oh! That’s right. Why did you even decide to come with us this time?” Aiden asked.

                “Maybe he wanted to sit with Jessica,” Max answered.

                “Ya! That’s not it,” I defended.

                “So how did your date go yesterday anyway? Did you plan on sitting next to each other on the plane?” Aiden asked teasingly.

                “Tsk! Stop asking me questions. You’re adding up to my temperament.” I said impatiently.

                Suddenly, someone spoke behind me. “Oppa, don’t worry we’re going on-board anytime now.”

                I looked behind me and saw Jessica with her other friends Tiffany, Veronica and Krystal. After seeing her, my heart lightened up. “Ah! Arasso,” I answered.

                I saw Aiden, Vince and Max smirking at me. Then, Aiden asked, “Ya! Sica, where’s Kate?”

                “Kate? She’s not coming,” she answered.

                I was stunned for a minute. Why wasn’t she coming? I noticed Aiden became upset. “Aish! That’s too bad,” he said.

                “Wae? You like her, don’t you?” Jessica asked him teasingly.

                “Uh… wha? A…ani. Ani (No),” he said, turning his face into a red pumpkin. He was being too obvious. I hadn’t actually noticed that before. I thought Aiden was into Tiffany.

                “Look at him, he’s blushing,” the girls teased. Vince and Max joined in the teasing making weird noises next to Aiden.

                After a few minutes, our teachers called for us and said that we should go on-board now. My guards whom my dad… I mean, the King sent me carried my luggage even if I insisted that I could carry it myself.

                As we marched forward, I heard someone shouting behind us. We all looked behind and saw Kate running and panting when she reached us.

 

Kate

                I was too exhausted when I finally reached them. Everyone seemed surprise to see me. I even saw the Prince with a priceless, astounded look on his face. “Didn’t expect to see me?” I almost wanted to ask him. But I’ve got no time for that right now. I made my way to Ms. Gil and asked where I could sit next to. “All the seats are already taken, Kate-ssi,” she told me.

                “Ms. Gil, Kate can sit next to me,” someone answered.

                We turned around and saw Aiden smiling at my face. “Aiden,” I mumbled.

                “But, don’t you have a seatmate?” Ms. Gil asked.

                “Ani. I paid for the two seats for me to sleep on. But I’ll gladly share it with Kate,” he answered.

                “Arasso. It’s settled then,” Ms. Gil said, leaving us.

                “Aiden, you didn’t have to do that,” I said.

                “It’s nothing. We’re glad you came,” he said.

                Vince and Max nodded beside him. As we made our way to the plane, I saw Jessica and Marcus walking together. I guess their date went well yesterday. Everyone knew all about it. They were the talk of the campus. All of the girls were jealous of Jessica (excluding me). I didn’t understand why they like Marcus so much. There’s nothing likeable about that guy.

∞∞∞

                After how many hours of travel by air, we finally reached our destination – Tokyo. I was so excited to see the cherry blossoms. As we stepped out of the bus, I was so amazed at the sight of Tokyo Hotel in front of us where we will be staying for two nights before we’ll proceed to the province.

                I was carrying my luggage when suddenly, Aiden helped me which made the girls all looked at me with insane jealousy. “Aiden, it’s okay. I can handle this,” I said.

                He smirked. “Are you afraid of them?” he asked looking around.

                “A…anie. It’s just that…” I paused.

                “Don’t bother them. I’ll protect you.”

                Those words suddenly made me freeze for a moment. “I’ll protect you.” Wow! No one has actually said that to me before. I hadn’t realized I literally stopped walking not until the evil Prince broke the momentum. “What’s up with you?” he asked, frowning.

                Jessica was still clinging into his arms. But I didn’t mind. Why would I anyway? I was glad that Jessica finally got what she wanted. “I…I was just really amazed by this whole place. That’s it,” I said.

                “Ha! You’ve never been to a place like this before right?” he said, nodding. “Must be a dream come true for you.”

                “Oppa!” Jessica stopped him.

                I pretended not to be affected. “Yeah. Maybe you’re right. Well at least I’ll be enjoying staying here since it’s my first time. I hope you will too. I’ll go ahead, Jess,” I said, leaving the Prince with an annoyed look.

                I marched my way towards where Aiden was standing. I almost forgot that he was carrying my luggage. “Sorry to keep you waiting Aiden,” I said.

                “It’s alright. What did Marcus say to you again?” he asked.

                “Uh… nothing.”

                “I saw you walked with a frown earlier so don’t tell me that he didn’t say anything.”

                I didn’t respond.

                “Yah! What are you two still doing there? We need to go to our rooms quick. We’re having a gallery tour after an hour,” Max told us.

                “Ne,” we both said.

 

                Apparently, my roommates are Jessica and her friends. I really didn’t mind at all since Jess and I are friends but I’m still not comfortable with her other friends. I have a feeling that they don’t like me that much. After everything has been settled in our hotel rooms, we all proceeded to the tour which I was highly anticipating.

                As I stepped inside the bus, I noticed that all of the seats were taken. All eyes were fixed on me as I walked in. Jessica was sitting with Marcus on the front. She gave me a weak smile as I passed by them. I heard murmurs around me. I pretended not to hear a single thing. Besides, I have endured this for months now. I was used to it.

                I reached the end of the bus. I was relieved when I saw Aiden, Vince and Max sitting right there. They all welcomed me with a smile. “You can sit here beside me Kate-ssi,” Vince offered.

                “No. You can sit here,” Max said, pointing to a space beside him.

                I smiled. Aiden suddenly interrupted. “Yah! Kate should sit wherever she wants. You don’t have to force her.”

                I nodded.

                “Just sit here Kate,” Aiden said. The other two shot him a look and they both punched Aiden teasingly.

                I laughed at their childishness. I decided to just sit beside Aiden since I felt closer to him. The two pouted as I took my seat. I saw Aiden smirking at them.

                Max suddenly said, “Kate-ssi, you must be very excited that we’re going in a gallery.”

                I nodded. “Ne. I was really looking forward to this.”

                “You like galleries?” Aiden asked. “Wae?”

                “Uhm… I just like seeing the rare paintings and drawings of famous people… to get ideas, inspiration,” I explained.

                “Wait… so you’re telling me you draw?” he asked.

                “She just said it right? Aish! Aiden-ah, you should pay attention to…” Vince was stopped when Aiden put his mouth to silence.

                “Uh… ne,” I just said.

                “Why are you not showing me any of your drawings?” he asked.

                “Mianhe…” I said.

                “She’s really good. You should see it. Speaking of which, when can I have my portrait?” Max said.

                “You drew him?” Aiden asked, pointing at Max.

                “Yah! Aiden, not again,” Vince said.

                “I…uhm…” I stuttered.

                “I want a portrait as well,” Aiden pleaded with his puppy dog eyes.

                I nodded. “No problem.”

                “Kamsahamnida Kate-ssi.”

                “I want too,” Vince said.

                “I’ll draw both of you then,” I said.

 

                When we finally reached the gallery, I giddily stepped out of the bus and entered the front door. I heard Aiden’s shout but I was too excited to see the paintings. I was in awe when I walked in. The hall was so huge and filled with different works of art. The first one that caught me was a painting of a snow-covered mountain. It was so real in my eyes – almost as if I was really there just by looking at it.

                Suddenly, I was startled when a young-looking guy approached me and asked, “You like this painting?”

                I nodded sheepishly. “N…ne.”

                He nodded as well. “They said that if two people meet in this place, they’re meant to fall in love with each other.”

                I got confused for a minute. He noticed me frown I think ‘cause he suddenly let out a laugh. “Don’t worry it’s just a belief.”

I smiled a little. “Ah. Ne… so this mountain is real?”

                He nodded. “Of course it’s real. It’s Mt. Fuji.”

                “Really?” I asked in bewilderment.

                “And the best part is that, cherry blossoms also show up there,” he said.

∞∞∞

A/N: Hello chingus! Hope you’re all enjoying my story so far. If not, feel free to comment/message me. I welcome all your thoughts :)

Thanks to YOU again for reading this chap.

 

Next chap ahead: “The Obvious Truth” (Comment comment!)

*Special thanks to sakura1685 for always leaving wonderful comments :)

-theLEXical-