Chapter 33 - Stolen

Under the Cherry Blossoms

Marcus

                I was waiting for Kate’s response but she just spaced out. I figured that she felt uncomfortable with my questions so I said, “Sorry about that. I just… wanna know. But you don’t really have to answer.”

                She nodded.

                “Uh… are you still scared?” I asked her, trying to divert the conversation.

                “J-just a little bit,” she answered, still trembling and holding onto me.

                I held her arm tightly. “Don’t worry. If you fall, I’ll be ready to catch you,” I said to her.

                She turned to me. “I just realized… you’ve gotten nicer to me the past days,” she said.

                “I-I’ve always been nice.”

                “Oh, really?”

                “Uh-huh.”

                She smiled. “But I must say that I like you better this way,” she said without hesitation. Did she just say like? No, I must be assuming things. She liked Andrew. Not me.

                I cleared my throat trying to compose myself. “Stop saying mushy things like that. It’s making me wanna throw up.”

                “You’re gross!” she said, pushing me a little.

                After that, the machine finally stopped. We both landed back on the ground again. Kate giddily jumped down and sighed. “I’m alive!” she exclaimed.

                “Of course you are,” I scoffed beside her.

                Aiden and the two approached us with grins on their faces. “So, how did it go?” Aiden asked her.

                “It was scary. But… Marcus didn’t let go of me,” she answered.

                “Oh! Then, you wouldn’t mind taking the rollercoaster this time, huh?” Max said, challenging us. Vince smirked behind him.

                “Oh no no no! I wouldn’t go there,” Kate said, hiding behind me. “Marcus save me!”

                I sighed. “Let’s just let her pass this time,” I said to the three.

                “Alright. But we still have to go… us three,” Vince said to me.

                “What?” I blurted out.

                “Oh don’t tell me the future king of Korea is afraid of rollercoasters,” Max said.

                “You know that I’m not afraid of anything,” I said to them. “Let’s go!”

 

                After trying almost all of the rides, we finally decided to go home. Max and Vince still wanted to stay but I told them off saying that we still have to prepare for our departure tomorrow. As we drove back home, Kate and the others were already dozing off. Aiden and I were the only ones awake.

I looked at Kate on the rearview mirror. Her head was resting against Max’s shoulder and her arms were crossed infront of her. She must’ve been cold. I lowered the aircon of the car. Aiden suddenly turned to me. “Why did you lower it?” he asked.

“Oh uh… I’m cold,” I said.

He smirked. “I know you did it because of Kate,” he said.

“A-anieyo,” I said defending myself.

He let out a small laugh. “Oh come on Marcus. Until now you’re still denying your feelings for her. I already left just to give you time to confess,” he said bluntly.

I didn’t respond at first. I was still absorbing everything that he said. So he knew that I liked her? But even if that’s the case, I still wouldn’t confess to her especially that she likes Andrew. I hate being rejected.

“Why can’t you just tell her?” he asked me again.

“Aiden, I don’t like her,” I said.

“Okay. Try telling that to others. But you can’t fool your bestfriend Marcus,” he said, as he steered the wheel to the side. “Piece of advice, if you don’t want her to be stolen away by another guy, tell her now or you’ll regret in the end.”

∞∞∞

Kate

                We arrived at Incheon airport at around 3 in the afternoon. Max and Vince already took a cab going home while Marcus was being assisted by three guards and his secretary. I trailed behind them as some of the press people started to surround him. His guards quickly responded by blocking the prince and trying to get him away from the media.

                I sighed as I watched Marcus being harassed by them. I guess I still wouldn’t understand how it was to be royalty. And I wouldn’t even want to. I was able to squeeze myself out of the crowd jamming him. When I finally reached outside, I took one last look at him as they approached the limo. I noticed him looking behind like he was searching for someone. Then, he saw me. He gestured me to go near him. But, I shook my head and took a cab instead.

                I was feeling tired after the flight and I felt my body getting weak. I rested my head on the seat as the cab moved. Suddenly, my phone vibrated. There was a text message from Marcus: “We could’ve just dropped you off to your house. Are you there yet?”

                I smiled and replied back, “I’m already near the house. If I went with you on that limo, I don’t think the King and Queen will like it.”

                “Yeah. You’re right. But still I could’ve just told them that you’re my classmate and I just saw you walking on the streets so I drove you home.”

                “Oh so that would have been an excellent idea? I don’t think so,” I replied again.

                “Alright. You win. By the way, we’re gonna do the final preparation for the exhibit tomorrow. But you don’t have to come if you’re still having a jetlagged. Just stay home and rest.”

                Wow, I never thought he’d say something like that. It was really peculiar. He was really getting weird the past days. “Fine. Bye,” I hit the send button.

∞∞∞

 

Marcus

                The next day, I had to wake up early to do the final preps for the exhibit. I still wanted to sleep but I needed to finish everything and make sure that everything was set for tomorrow’s event. I called my members to show up to help me. Except for Kate. I knew that she was still restless. She needed to sleep.

                When I reached the venue of our exhibit which was on a studio near the university, most of my members were already doing their work. Suddenly, someone spoke behind me. “You’re late.”

                I turned around and was stunned to see Kate smiling right infront of me. “K-kate! Why are you here?”

                “Well I’m part of the club, aren’t i?” she answered, tapping my back. “Come on. Move it. We still have to finish everything.”

                “A-arasso. Who gave you the permission to hit me by the way?” I hollered at her.

                She raised a brow. “That’s called tapping, not hitting. Okay Prince Marcus?”

                “I told you not to call me prince,” I said annoyingly.

                “Alright,” she said, raising her hands up. “I’m sorry.”

                “Now go back to work,” I demanded her which she did.

 

                After how many hours of settling stuffs, I finally dismissed everyone and told them to prepare for tomorrow. As I was double-checking the area, I suddenly noticed someone sleeping with her head rested on the table. I went near the person and realized that it was Kate. She must’ve been tired already.

                I tried to look away from her face but my eyes seemed to be fixed on it. My hands found its way to her face as I tucked her hair on the side of her ear that’s covering her face. I felt my hands shaking on her face so I decided to just drop it before she could even wake up.

 

Kate

I was in a deep state of sleep when suddenly, I heard my phone rang. I wanted to ignore it but the ringing was so loud so I decided to just answer it. I slowly opened my eyes and picked it up. “Hello?”

“Kate, it’s me,” Andrew answered.

“Oh Andrew. Why did you call?”

“I… wanted to tell you something.”

“Oh… uh, alright. What is it?”

“Not here Kate,” he said suspiciously.

“What do you mean?”

“Please meet me at the harbor tomorrow and I’ll tell you something important,” he said in a serious tone.

I wondered if it was about Steph again. Judging by the way he sounded, I think he must’ve been dejected again. “Alright. I will,” I said.

“Okay. I’ll look forward to it Kate. Bye,” he said, hanging up.

I sighed and turned around. Just then, I saw Marcus looking at me which startled me a bit. “Marcus! Why are you here?”

“I should ask you the same question. I already let the others go home. Why are you still here?” he asked.

“Uh… I fell asleep waiting for your cue. I’m sorry,” I said.

“That’s enough apologizing for today. By the way, please come earlier tomorrow here alright? We don’t want the guests to be earlier that we are,” he said.

And that’s when it hit me. Tomorrow’s the exhibit day. How did I forget about that? What am I gonna do now? I promise Andrew that I’ll meet him. But then, I couldn’t let Marcus down as well. What should I do?

∞∞∞

A/N: Annyeong! So this is actually almost the end. I was thinking about this even before and now I finally made up my mind. Since I didn’t want to disappoint anyone of you, I decided to just make alternate endings. Yeah, so basically the next 2 chapters will be the real endings. On the next update, I’ll post the ending for the KatexAndrew shippers. Then next will be for KatexMarcus shippers. I hope that everyone will be happy :) Thank you all!