Chapter 17 - Awkward Situation

Under the Cherry Blossoms

Kate

Back in the cabin, I was feeling sad about the fact that Jessica lied to me all this time. I originally thought we’d be friends for a long time. I didn’t expect it would just end this way. She has been ignoring me since I got back here. I was determined to move to another cabin but there was no available anymore. I had to endure seeing them and being with them for how many days. I hope I could manage to do that.

 I was busy sketching again in my bed when suddenly, my phone vibrated. I got a message from Aiden saying, “Annyeong Kate-ssi! How’s your leg? I wanted to tour around with you but I guess you couldn’t. I just hope you get better so we can go out. :)”

I smiled. Aiden was really thoughtful. I decided to go out instead of just sitting here. I stood up still enduring the pain from my leg. I walked to the front door limping. As soon as I stepped out the door, I saw Marcus standing in front of our cabin holding his camera (as always). When he saw me, he started to walk forward. “Marcus!” I shouted.

He continued to walk ignoring me.

“Prince Marcus-ah!” I shouted again.

This time, he turned to look at me. “Ya! What’s your problem? I told you I don’t want you calling me that,” he shouted back.

“Why were you standing here just now?” I asked.

“I was just passing by. I wasn’t standing. What made you think that?” he said, now walking towards me.

“Really? Why don’t you just admit it Prince?” I said, still teasing him.

“Aish! Aiden just wanted me to check on you. And I guess you’re doing fine now so I better go,” he said, turning his back from me.

“Wait!” I said, stepping forward. But as soon as I moved my foot, I lost my balance again so I almost fell on the small flight of stairs if I hadn’t hold onto the sidebars.

Marcus ran back towards me. “Ya! Why do you have to be so stubborn and clumsy?”

I steadied myself. “Where are you going?” I asked.

“I’m going to the Lake near here. Don’t tell me you want to come ‘cause I won’t let you,” he said firmly.

 

Marcus

I told myself not to let her come but I got annoyed by her so I just did. I assisted her all the way here at the lake so I didn’t have time to take photos of the beautiful scenery along the way. The lake was exactly how I expected it to be. It was even lovelier up close. There were few people taking photos and just hanging around the lake.

“Marcus-ssi, just take photos. You don’t have to worry about me,” she said, as she sat down the ground under the shade of tree.

“You could’ve just told me that earlier. I missed out a lot of sceneries already,” I said.

“Alright. It’s my fault so I’m letting you go now,” she said, gesturing me to just roam around the area.

I left her and started to take photos of the lake. Suddenly, I heard a ring from my phone. It was Aiden. “Aiden-ah,” I answered. “Wae?”

“Where are you?” he asked.

“I’m…” I paused, thinking of whether or not I should tell him I was with Kate now. “I’m here at the lake.”

“Lake?” he repeated. “Have you seen Kate when you passed by their cabin?”

“Uh… ne,” I finally said.

“Oh jincha? Is she still there?” he asked again.

“A…ani. She’s… here… with me now. I told her not to come but she still insisted,” I explained.

“Jincha! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Arasso. We’ll go there now,” Aiden said, hanging up.

This guy was really serious about Kate. I thought he was just kidding me at first. And he was head over heels for Tiffany for so long, not until Kate arrived. I just hoped he’d be really serious in pursuing Kate.

 

Aiden

                Max and Vince heard me talking on the phone with Marcus so they insisted on coming to the lake as well. But I still couldn’t believe Marcus didn’t tell me he was with Kate. I specifically told him to help me get to know her better. But he’s doing the other way around.

                As soon as we arrived, I saw Marcus taking photos near the lake. I scanned the area but failed to see Kate. But then, Max elbowed me telling me that he already saw her. He pointed towards a big tree.

                “You think she’s behind there?” I asked.

                “Positive,” he said, walking near the target tree. Vince and I followed him from behind. When we reached it, I saw Kate sitting on the grass. Max walked quietly and startled her from behind. Kate jumped up from her seat.

                “Max! You scared me,” she said.

                Max smiled. I quickly revealed myself from behind the tree making Kate more surprised. I walked near her. “How’s your leg now?” I asked.

                “It’s getting better,” she answered.

                “Does it still hurt?” Aiden asked again.

                “Of course it is. It was just yesterday,” Max said.

                Kate smiled. “What are you all doing here?” she asked.

                “We’re here to see the lake,” Vince said. “And mainly because Aiden wanted to see you.”

                “Ya! You both said you wanted to come here as well,” I said, pointing my fingers towards them.

                Kate laughed at our argument.

                “Aish! You’re embarrassing. Can’t you just sit down?” Max said, as he scooted near Kate.

                “Chagamman. We haven’t called Marcus yet. He’s over there,” Vince said, looking at Marcus who was not too far away from us.

                “Just let him do that for a while. Besides, you can’t stop him once he gets hold of a camera,” I said.

                “Yeah. That’s right,” Max said.

                “Is he really always like that? I mean, taking pictures and all,” Kate asked.

                The three of us nodded. “He really loves photography,” I said.

                “Did he already tell you about the art exhibit next month?” Vince asked.

                She shook her head.

                “You should participate. You are really fit to be there,” Max said.

                Kate fell silent. “I don’t know. I just don’t think my work is worth putting in an exhibit,” she said, shaking her head.

                “Why not?” I asked. “We all know now that you’re an amazing artist.”

                “Ah Aiden. Please stop complimenting me. I might believe it,” she said, pushing me a little.

                I smiled. “I’m not gonna stop ‘cause it’s true. Right?” I looked at the two who nodded in unison. “See?”

                She still shook her head. “Oh I don’t know. And besides, Marcus hasn’t even asked me. Maybe he has other plans.”

                “Ask you with what?” a voice from behind us suddenly interrupted our conversation. We all turned around and saw Marcus looking at us.

                “Marcus-ah, why don’t you invite Kate in the art exhibit?” I suggested.

                “Well… I was about to ask her but I guess you already did,” he said, leaning on the tree trunk. “So, what brings you all here?”

                “We wanted to see the lake,” Max answered. Vince nodded beside him.

                “Ah, is that really it?” Marcus asked.

                “And… we wanted to see Kate if she’s alright,” I added.

                Marcus nodded. I stood up from my seat and grabbed Marcus’s arm. I pulled him away dragging him where the others couldn’t hear us. I noticed them all staring at us but I turned around to avoid their gazes.               

                “Ya! Aiden-ah, what’s your problem?” Marcus complained.

                “I want you to ask Kate to go with me somewhere,” I said.

                “WHAT??” he exclaimed.

                “Come on Marcus. Just this once,” I said.

                “Why me?” he asked.

                “Because… she probably feels that she owes you for saving her,” I said.

                He shook his head. “I won’t do it,” he said about to walk out but I stopped him.

                “Do you want me to tell the King about your midnight escapades?” I tried to blackmail him.

                He shot me a glare. “Aish! Aiden-ah, why do you have to blackmail me like that?”

                “Jebal (Please) Marcus-ssi,” I said. “You’re my only way.”

                “Why can’t you just do it?” he asked again.

                “I don’t know. I just tend to freeze when I look at her. I don’t think I can ask her out,” I said, which was true.

                He scratched the back of his head. “Arasso. I’ll do what I can.”

                “Jincha?” I asked in bewilderment. “Marcus-ssi, kamsa.”

                He stopped me from hugging him. “They might notice what we just talked about.”

                I nodded. “Arasso.”

 

Marcus

                After my conversation with Aiden, we stayed at the lake for a bit enjoying the sight. Max and Vince decided to walk around the lake while Aiden purposefully join the two to leave me and Kate alone. I don’t think I can ask Kate to go out with Aiden. Aish! Eottoke? Why did he still have to ask for my help? This is really embarrassing.


                I glanced at her and she was laughing at Max and Vince’s sight from afar. I lifted up my camera and snapped a candid photo of her. Her smile was even radiating from my lens.

photo Samantha-Boscarino-samantha-boscarino-7429308-500-280-1.jpg

                When she noticed this, she threw me a look. “Did you just take a picture of me?” she asked.

                “A…ani. Why do you always assume that I am taking photos of you?” I said.

                “Because that’s the truth,” she said. “Why are you here anyway? Why don’t you join them there?”

                I sighed. “I… I wanna ask you something.” How would I even start this? It’s not like I was the one asking her out. Why did I suddenly feel anxious?

                She looked at me with a straight face. “What?”

                “You see, my friend has a girl she likes and he was wondering how can this girl like her. I mean, if he was about to ask her out, where do you think is the best place to take her?”

                She didn’t respond at first.

                “Aish! How will I say this?” I said.

                Then, I heard her laugh. “Do you like someone?” she asked.

                “What?? A… ani. I told you it was my friend,” I said. Ah, seriously! Why did she think that I was liking someone?

                Her face turned serious. “Are you referring to Jessica?”

                “Aniyo. Ya! Kate-ssi, how many times do I have to tell you?” I said now getting more furious.

                “Alright! Chill,” she said. “Well, if I was the girl I think I’d love to go to an amusement park or some place that really fascinates me.”

                I nodded. “Ah! Arasso. Komawo.”

                She smirked. “Are you sure it’s not really you?” she teased again.

                “Neo pabo!” I said.

                “Stop calling me pabo,” she said, now standing up. She tried to reach me and slap me in the arm.

                “Ya! Maybe you’ve forgotten that I’m still the Prince. I can send you to jail,” I warned her.

                “Whatever you say Prince,” she said.

     ∞∞∞

A/N: Hope you like this chap :) Ah! I so love Kate and Marcus :D haha who else here does?

*And oh btw, watch out for Kate and Aiden’s date (if anyone of you ships her with Aiden)

THANKS SOOO MUCH for your undying love and support for this story. I never even expected to reach 100 reads and now I’ve got 593 reads so THANKS to YOU who is reading this right now. You’re a part of this story now so I dare you to read it until the end. Pwahaha XD

P.S. If you have time, please check out my other SJ FF called Define Me and You :) thanks!

 

-theLEXical-