Just With You

The Woman I Love

This may not be such a good update...I completely forgot this week...I've had 3 interviews so I've been preparing for those...author-nim needs a job T_T ...but to make up for it, author-nim shall spend the rest of tonight writing as much as she can (author-nim likes to refer to herself in 3rd person)

@sonebe! Thank you for the upvote!! ^^ 


 

Yifan fumbled with the keypad, trying to input the front door’s code while holding onto the bags of groceries. “Why...ugh...” He cursed to himself as he failed to key the code in for the 4th time.


“You know you could put at least one or two bags down right? It would probably make things easier...”


Yifan turned around to see Jessica standing behind him.


“How long...”


“Since you almost dropped the apples until now!”


“How’d you know they’re apples...they didn’t fall out...”


“You only buy apples no matter how hard I try to get you to try other fruits,” Jessica moved forward to punch in the key code. She pulled open the door and held it open for Yifan. “And one peeked out too.”


“Pshh...trying to act so smart about it too...”


“At least I told you!” Jessica removed her shoes and grabbing a bag of groceries went into the kitchen. Quickly putting away the groceries, she started to scoop out rice into bowls.


“Wha...” Yifan stood at the counter holding a bag of carrots.


“I made dinner...hurry and change.” Grabbing the carrots, she pushed him out of the kitchen and toward his bedroom.


Finding it useless to argue, Yifan took a quick shower and pulled on some sweats. Coming out he found the table already set with rice, soup and side dishes. Jessica stood at the counter, putting extras into containers. “What are all these?”


“Oh, you finished! I made bigger portions so I’m saving the rest for you to eat during the week.”


“When’d you do all this?”


“I had work until 2, picked up some groceries on my way over and yeah...magic just happens!”


“So full of yourself...” Yifan tried to pick at the food but Jessica slapped his hand away.


“It gets you fed, so you should let me be.” Sticking her tongue out, Jessica closed the lid and walked toward the table. “Let’s eat!”


Joining her Yifan aimed for the rice and soup, eating almost half his bowl of rice before finally speaking. “How was work today? Another deadline?”


Jessica shook her head. “Nope, the non-profit today. I spent yesterday working on tomorrow’s deadline.”


“Geez...your Saturdays at one workplace and your Sunday at another...”


“At least I’m not living at the hospital like you are.”


“It’s for my residency! What do you expect!”


“Yeah yeah.” The two continued to devour the food. Finishing first, Jessica went to make a pot of tea for them. Coming back out with the tray, Yifan had finally finished. The two sipped at their tea, trying to digest after the meal.


Jessica put her cup down and looked at Yifan. “I have something I want to share with you.”


Putting down his own cup, Yifan gestured for her to go ahead.


“I-....I’m going to go back to school.”


“For?”


“I want to pursue a management degree....in nonprofits...you know how I’ve been working part-time at that nonprofit...”


“The one you found out about through Mrs. Choi?”


“Yepp! They’re working for such a good cause and I want to pursue something similar, if not with them then along those lines. I mean, they try their hardest to fund medical treatment for orphaned children here in Seoul...what better cause could you ask for?”


“It is pretty awesome...this is something you really want to do?”


At her insistent nod, he smiled, “I’m happy for you Jessi....Have you told your parents yet?”


Shaking her head, Jessica picked up her cup again. “You’re the first one I’ve told...”


“So you need to take tests, apply....”


“I....I’ve actually done all that...I got accepted into a school already...”


“How...”


“I kept staying late at work to do extra studying or I’d come over here to your apartment to study.”


“Ahh, no wonder my electric bill was so high!”


“Hehh...sorry!” Jessica stuck her tongue out in embarrassment.


“I’m hurt Jung Sooyeon! We never keep secrets from each other! How could you keep this from me?!” Yifan held his heart in mock sarcasm.


“Stop being such a drama queen...it just happened...I’m so happy working at the nonprofit, so much happier than being at the company...I decided to just go for it and yeah...it just...happened!”


“You already said that, but fine...I’ll forgive you this time...but no keeping secrets from me anymore! Got it?” Yifan held out his pinky. “Especially when you tell your parents, let me know how that goes.”


Snorting at his childish side, Jessica stuck her own pinky out and they agreed to no secrets. “You’re such a child sometimes Wu Yifan...”


“Just with you Jung Sooyeon, just with you.”