Run In

The Woman I Love

“You can stop staring at me.”

 

“I’m not staring, just making sure you’re okay.”

 

Sooyeon set her book down on the bed beside her and offered her hand. Yifan leaned forward and took her hand in his grasp.

 

“You don’t need to sit here with me. Don’t you have work?”

 

“I rearranged my work schedule. You have your doctor appointment today?” Sooyeon nodded. He continued, “So I’m going with you.”

 

“Yifan, you don’t have to do that. My doctor is at Samsung, if anything I could have dropped by after my appointment to let you know how it went.”

 

“My girlfriend collapsed last week and is going to a doctor appointment today. Do you really think I’d let you go by yourself?”

 

“Your girlfriend made it through the weekend just fine, no mishaps. And I still haven’t forgiven you yet for telling Krystal what happened.”

 

“She’s your dongsaeng!”

 

“And in her first trimester! She’s already had three miscarriages, she doesn’t need extra stress.”

 

“Jagiya,” Yifan moved from the chair and sat on the edge of the bed. “If Krystal found out later, I think she would be even more upset that she didn’t know and couldn’t help you. She’s your dongsaeng, you only have each other.”

 

Sooyeon pouted, “Why do you always have to be right....”

 

“It’s just this time. And Krystal is resting up at home. I promised to send her daily updates and she promised she would stay home and rest.”

 

“Thank you Yifan.”

 

“Anything for you. Now you rest some more and we’ll leave in an hour for your appointment.”

 

Sooyeon settled back with her book while Yifan read through some paperwork, staying nearby in case Sooyeon needed him. An hour later the two set off for the hospital.

 

Getting a clean bill of health, Sooyeon kept gloating to Yifan who rebutted that the doctor had still told her to take it easy and not to overwork herself. They maneuvered the hallways of the hospital finally stepping into the elevator. It was a smooth ride down until the 6th floor when the elevator stopped to let people on. “Dr. Wu!”

 

Yifan smiled at the two women, “Nurse Choi, Dr. Seo, hello.”

 

“What are you doing here? Dr. Fong said you switched days off with him.”

 

“Ah I wanted to bring my girlfriend to her doctor appointment. Sooyeon~ah, this is Nurse Choi and Dr. Seo. They took care of you during your stay in the ER.”

 

“Ah thank you both.”

 

“How are you feeling now?”

 

“Much better Dr. Seo, thank you.”

 

“Dr. Wu was very worried about you,” Nurse Choi stage-whispered.

 

“Ah really? Now you realize how important I am?” Sooyeon teased, giving him a side glance.

 

“I always knew,” he lifted their entwined hands and kissed her knuckles.

 

“Omo you two are so sweet together,” Nurse Choi gushed. “Who knew Dr. Wu was such a romantic.”

 

“Just with Sooyeon,” Yifan laughed.

 

Dr. Seo didn’t say anything as the other three chatted. Instead she watched the petite brunette lean into the tall oncologist. He released her hand from his grasp and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his side. His hand rubbed up and down her side and played with the ends of her long honey-colored locks. Sooyeon wrapped her own arm around his waist and rested her head against his chest, the top of her head barely hitting his shoulder. Letting her boyfriend chat with Nurse Choi, her eyes caught Dr. Seo’s and curved into a smile at the doctor. Dr. Seo gave a quick smile in return, then focused her attention on the descending numbers.

 

The elevator reached the main floor and they said their goodbyes. Yifan pulled Sooyeon along the sidewalk leading away from the hospital. “Let’s walk around a bit.”

 

“You’re letting me walk around? Really?”

 

“I’m with you, so it’s okay.”

 

Sooyeon just tugged on his hand pulling him along, too happy being outdoors to argue back.

 


Thank you @lovelikesea and @desicalova for your upvotes! 

I decided to post this chapter a day earlier than intended - it's also super short, sigh. My every 3 days update went down the drain. But I've written out the next two chapters! I was inspired by pencil and paper, now I just have to type them up =P 

On a side note: I have become addicted to Sooyoung's new drama (Dating Agency Cyrano) - it's so funny and Sooyoung's character is awesome! Plus Lee Jong-hyuk's analytical character haha, complete opposite of his kiddy nature on Appa Odiga...this is probably why I end up not typing up the chapters..I'm distracted by dramas and a variety show T_T