Time Flies When You're Having Fun

The Woman I Love

Thank you @hwangtiffany for upvoting!! =D 

I didn't reply back to individual comments only because I was afraid I'd spoil the rest of what I'm planning...I'm not good at keeping secrets. But thank you for the comments! =D They make the story feel loved!! 

Super short chapter so I'm uploading this before my actual update day (tomorrow)


 

“Here’s the rest of your dress shirts. I ironed them but you may need to re-iron them when you get to New York.”


“Thanks. Can you help me with those shirts?”


Sooyeon sat on the bed and folded shirts into thirds to fit them into the duffel bag. Yifan zipped up a suitcase and tested the weight on the scale. “I have room for 10 more pounds.”


“How do you still have room? You’ve filled it up, there’s no more room.”


“Ask the scale...maybe I can fit in some socks....” he unlocked the suitcase and tried fitting socks into any open spaces. For the next several hours, they packed two suitcases and two duffel bags.


“You still have your backpacks, will you be able to handle all this luggage?”


“Oh hyung called me earlier today and said he can come with me. He happens to have a conference for work in Boston. So he’ll take a plane with me to New York and then head to Boston afterwards. Otherwise I’d pay huge fees for all this luggage.”


“You’ll still have to pay some, even if Changmin oppa only brings a carry-on with him.”


“Yeah but it’s better than shipping all this over.”


“At least you only have to bring clothes and other random things and no furniture.”


“It’s hospital-provided housing, I hope they at least have a desk. I’ll just need to pick up some random things but I can do that after I settle in.”


“You’ll need a bed right away.”


“I can always just sleep on the floor if necessary.”


“For three years??!” Sooyeon could only sigh, unable to say anything else. Leaving him in the bedroom to check over his luggage again. Grabbing a glass of water she checked the time. “Wow...”


“Wow what?” Yifan asked as he stole her glass and gulping the water down.


“You couldn’t pour your own glass? And I was saying wow to the time - we started right after dinner and it’s already 2am.”


“Time flies when you’re having fun!”


“Right...” Leaving the kitchen, Sooyeon grabbed her pajamas and headed into the bathroom for a quick shower. As soon as she exited the bathroom, Yifan took over for his own shower. He entered the bedroom later to find Sooyeon already in bed, her back facing the doorway. Shutting the light he got into his side of the bed and laid in silence, staring up at the ceiling.


The minutes ticked by and Yifan felt his eyes growing heavy when he heard quiet sniffling from Sooyeon’s side.


“Sooyeon?”


There was no answer but he saw her scrunch down even more into the covers. Rolling to his side, he pulled on her shoulder but met with resistance. He sat up and tried to see her face but Sooyeon kept hiding her face in the pillow. After a few more failed attempts Yifan finally grabbed shoulders and pulled her onto her back. She quickly covered her face with her hands but he already saw the tears streaming down her cheeks.


“Sooyeon~ah,” he leaned back and pulled her into his arms. She grabbed onto him and wept into his t-shirt.


He rubbed circles on her back, trying to calm her down. A few minutes later she pulled back from his embrace. “Sorry...I thought you were asleep already.”


“What’s wrong?”


“Nothing...just felt like a good cry...”


“Jung Sooyeon...” Yifan waited, keeping a firm hold on her so she wouldn’t roll away.


“I...I just realized that you’ll be gone in less than a week...”


“I’ll be back...it’s only for three years. I’m definitely coming back to Seoul.”


“I know. But it seems like such a long time.”


“You’ll have Sooyoung noona here and Changmin hyung. They’ve said they’ll drop in to catch up with you and everything. And Krystal is now here too. You two can have sisterly bonding time!”


“I know...but it’s not the same as having you here, I’m going to really miss you...ignore me...I’m just being sentimental.” Sooyeon tried to wiggle out of his grasp but Yifan just tightened his arms around her and pulled her close again. Resting his cheek against her hair, Yifan kissed her head.


“Does it make me a bad person to say I’m happy to hear that?”


“Hear what?” Sooyeon mumbled against his shoulder.


“That you’ll miss me.”


“No...but you know I’ll miss you. Aren’t you going to miss me?”


“More than you could ever imagine. I’m already missing you.”


“You’re holding me so tight right now. How could you miss me already?”


“I’ll miss being able to hug you like this....”


“Yifan...”


“Jung Sooyeon...I’m going to be a very bad person...”


“Huh?”


“Don’t meet any guys while I’m gone? Only Changmin hyung and Taemin-shi are allowed. No one else.”


“Yifan~ah...”


“I told myself I wouldn’t say anything before I left. It’d be unfair to you to ask you to wait three years...but I don’t think I can stop myself from asking just in case.”


Sooyeon eased back and looked up at Yifan’s face to see tears swimming in his eyes. Pulling her hand free she caressed his cheek. “Wu Yifan.”


“Jung Sooyeon, can you wait three years for me? I’ll come back in three years...I’ll come back to you.”