The Boys

The Woman I Love

"Yifan! It’s been awhile!”

“Yunho hyung! How are you?”

Clapping the older guy on the back, Yifan turned around slightly and brought Jessica in front of him. “Hyung you remember Jessica?”

“Of course I do! Hi little Jung!” Yunho laughed before enveloping the shorter girl in a hug.

“Hi Yunho oppa. How’s everything?”

“I’m great but stories later. You two go in first. Changmin and some of the others are already sitting down. They managed to grab two tables.”

“What are you doing out here hyung?”

“I’m waiting for my girlfriend.”

“You two didn’t come together?” “Who are you dating oppa!?” Yifan and Jessica asked simultaneously.

“She had a dance class so she wanted to clean up first so we agreed to just meet here. And you’ll see her in a bit little Jung.” 

Jessica opened to ask more but Yifan started pushing her toward the door. “Hyung we’ll go in first before this one here starts asking about every detail.”

“That sounds good, I’ll join you all as soon as she gets here.”

Yifan pulled open the door, gesturing for Jessica to go in first. Spotting the boys at the back, Jessica rushed forward eager to join them. Not seeing her path would intersect with an approaching waiter, she was suddenly pulled back against Yifan’s chest.

“Wh....”

“You almost collided with the waiter,” Yifan nodded his head to their left. Jessica then saw the waiter clutching a full tray of hot steaming food. Eyes widening she quickly apologized and waited for him to pass first. Continuing on again but this time she held onto Yifan’s hands behind her just in case she became oblivious to her surroundings again.

Approaching the table, three guys stood up to greet them. “Gege! Jiejie! You came! FINALLY!!” Bending down to Jessica’s height, a guy resembling a panda gave her a hug. He was pushed aside by a very tanned guy who picked Jessica up and spun her around. He would have continued spinning her around if Yifan hadn’t stopped him.

“Jong-in, stop that. You’re going to hit something and you know Jessica gets dizzy really easily. Go help Tao up, he’s still on the floor.”

Jong-in was going to argue but the third guy who had stood up with them put his hand on Jong-in’s back and mumbled for him to listen to Yifan. Setting Jessica back down, Jong-in pulled Tao up from the floor and the two sat back down.

“Hey Yifan, looking good.”

“Hyung, you saw me not that long ago...” Yifan rolled his eyes.

“Hi Changmin oppa.”

“Hi Jessica. Way to greet me first!”

“How could she with those two troublemakers....”

“Yifan...they were just happy to see us.”

“Nope, just you noona/jiejie,” the two piped up.

Jessica switched spots with Yifan, standing between him and the two. “So how are you oppa?” she asked, directing Yifan’s attention away from Jong-in and Tao.

“Everything’s good. Oh, let me introduce you to someone very special. Soo, this is Yifan and Jessica.”

Stepping to the side revealed a woman sitting down, hidden by Changmin’s tall frame. Standing up she didn’t lose to Changmin in height. A denim skirt hit mid-thigh, covering long legs, her thin frame making her appear even taller. Changmin wrapped his arm around her shoulder and introduced her, “Yifan, Jessica - meet Choi Sooyoung, who made me the happiest man alive 4 months, 2 weeks, 15 hours and 26 minutes ago.”

“Min!”

“It’s true! Oh now 27 minutes!”

Ignoring his playful teasing, Sooyoung greeted the two, “Hello, Changmin has told me lots about you both.”

“Hello Sooyoung shi,” Jessica greeted shyly.

“Please call me unnie, can I speak casually with you?”

Nodding, Jessica stared at the older woman, envious of her height. “Let’s speak casually too Yifan!”

“Of course noona.”

The two greeted the boys sitting at the other table though they were too absorbed in listening to Baekhyun recount his encounter with their graduated senior, Kim Taeyeon. “And she actually spoke to me, asking how my last, Hey Yifan, Jessica, year is going and how my studying for the university exam is going!!!” “Baek!! You’re so lucky man!!”

Jessica and Yifan grinned at the boys’ excitement and decided to take a seat. Waving them over, Tao tried getting Yifan and especially Jessica to sit next to him but since Jong-in was there and refused to move, the two ended up on the other side of the table next to Luhan and Sehun, who were engrossed in their own conversation about bubble tea.

A loud greeting rose when Yunho came with his girlfriend, Kwon Boa, another graduated senior . Attending the same university, the two had met during a volunteer activity, teaching a hip-hop dance class at a nearby dance studio. They each had their own major, him-law and her-video and music production, but the two shared a love for dancing that became the foundation of their relationship. From going out to dance clubs to teaching younger children, the two found a common ground that helped start a friendship and continue into something more.

Jessica pouted seeing ‘her boys’ staring at Boa and Sooyoung, in awe of the two. The women in question were absorbed in a conversation of their own, discussing a joint project they were currently working on for school. Boa had met Sooyoung when her video production class collaborated with Sooyoung’s interior design course to produce a short music video. The two had been paired together with Sooyoung designing the different sets for the video that Boa had directed and produced. Their teamwork had delivered the highest grade in the course and they agreed to work together on future projects. Currently Boa was helping shoot a 20 second commercial for another of Sooyoung’s design class.

The friendship between the two developed even further when they found out they were dating best friends. Sooyoung was a double major in design and Japanese, well-versed in the language after living in Tokyo for 5 years during high school. Wanting to take some Japanese courses alongside his primary concentrations in journalism and business, Changmin found it difficult keeping his grades up in the additional language classes. Asking for the name of a tutor, the professor recommended Sooyoung who as a freshman was already in the advanced level classes. The two met twice a week following afternoon classes, sometimes extending the session and grabbing dinner together. Changmin was amazed there was someone else, a girl no less, who ate almost as much as he did. Their connection became even stronger when Sooyoung turned out to be Cho Kyuhyun’s cousin. Kyuhyun being Changmin’s fellow classmate in the journalism department.

Agreeing to meet tomorrow to edit the filming footage together, Boa and Sooyoung didn’t notice the stares the group of boys were giving them. Yunho himself was sharing stories from school with Yifan and asking about his preparations for the university exam. Changmin was closely examining the menu, mentally listing his order and making sure to triple the amount to include his girlfriend.

Deciding to shrug off the feeling of being ignored, Jessica looked through the menu and carefully chose her order. But seeing the boys still staring with their mouths hanging open, she couldn’t help mutter out loud, “You know, bugs are going to fly in if you leave your mouths open like that for so long.” Intending to be quiet, her voice turned out to be louder due to her disgruntlement.  

Boa and Sooyoung stopped their conversation and watched amused as the boys flushed in embarrassment. Changmin lifted his head to glare at the boys and shifted his seat closer to wrap his arm around Sooyoung’s waist, drawing her attention to the menu. Yunho chuckled as the boys tried looking everywhere but the four college students.

Yifan pulled Jessica’s chair closer to his, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. “Jessii~ah, you always have me!”

Jessica shifted in her chair, tucking her feet under and leaned into Yifan. “Only Yifan loves me,” and proceeded to ignore the boys as they all cried out for Jessica to love them too.

Feeling a small hand slip into his, Yunho brought their entwined hands to his lips giving them a kiss while his eyes watched the scene. Boa giggled at the affectionate gesture as they watched Jessica continue ignoring the boys while reading the menu, enveloped in Yifan’s protective embrace. “When do you think they’ll realize?”

“Changmin is betting second year of college. I say first year.”

“I call the year after college ends, I want in.”

“My baby is betting now,” Yunho teased.

“Yah! Yunho!”


 

I really wish I could tag individual chapters...that'd be pretty awesome haha....I'm having a tendency to do 3rd person and just write descriptively versus conversations...any thoughts? dislike/like/no opinion? 

Next chapter won't be up until 6 days (so 2 cycles), sorry but I had such a chaotic weekend and I have a draft of my semester project due on Thursday and I still want to turn out a really good next chapter so I'm going to skip this next expected update and skip to April 14 instead...sorry if the rambling is confusing...I've had a looong day...many issues T_T but enjoy!!!