Teasing and Talks

The Woman I Love

“You must be happy to be back.”

 

“I am...it’s great to be home and see familiar faces again.”

 

“You surprised us all. Sooyeon told us you were arriving this weekend but next thing I know Sooyeon is calling us, screaming excitedly that you’re back. I’ve never heard Sooyeon shriek that loudly before.”

 

“Yeah, sorry about that hyung. I wanted to surprise Sooyeon but was afraid Sooyoung noona would let slip the surprise. So I didn’t tell anyone.”

 

“True...the two of them are really close now, what with Boa and Yunho in the US now. Sooyoung would have probably told Sooyeon if she knew.” The two men looked over the the living room where their significant others were fawning over a catalog of baby items.

 

“Unnie, this crib matches the one you have right now.”

 

“Oh it does...I know I won’t be able to find a perfect match but it would be nice if they looked similar.”

 

“Ah unnie...why couldn’t you have a boy and girl? Then you could have two different cribs.”

 

“Yah, it’s not like I decided to have twins!”

 

“Unnie~” Sooyeon jumped excitedly in her seat. “I can’t believe it...twins!”

 

“I can’t either. But oppa is going to be completely outnumbered. We’re already 2 to 1, but after the twins are born he’ll have four girls to handle.”

 

“Changmin oppa loves his girls, you know that unnie.”

 

“Yeah...as soon as we found out, oppa started talking to my belly and started playing classical music around our place 24/7. He’s doing everything he did when I was pregnant with Mina and even more,” Sooyoung laughed, remembering Changmin’s joy at being a father again. She subconsciously rubbed her protruding belly where their two new babies were growing.

 

Changing the subject, Sooyoung brought up Yifan. “How is it having him home?”

 

“It’s great. It’s so nice knowing I won’t have to catch a plane soon and leave him for another month.”

 

“And the two of you?” Sooyoung teased, “Any wedding plans? Hmmm?”

 

“Unnie! Let him settle down, he’s been back less than a week.”

 

“You two have known each other for so long and you’ve made the effort to maintain a 3-year long distance relationship. I think it’s time for a wedding! Just plan it for after I’ve given birth, oppa would prefer me not buying a dress for your wedding if I can’t wear it again. And since I’m not planning on having twins again...”

 

“Unnie, let Yifan adjust to being back. Plus he has to start a new job.”

 

“Fine...so where’s he going to be?”

 

“He took up an oncology position at Samsung Medical Center.”

 

“When is he starting?”

 

“In two weeks.”

 

“So he’s just going to relax until then?”

 

“Yeah, I’m taking a week off to spend with him, just the two of us.”

 

“Ooohh Sooyeon, so you’re skipping the wedding and heading straight for the honeymoon?” Sooyoung winked, teasing her. “I see how it is...”

 

“UNNIE!!”

 

At her loud cry, the men looked up from their own conversation. “Sooyeon, what’s going on?” Yifan asked.

 

“No-nothing,” Sooyeon stuttered. She felt her face flush in embarrassment.

 

“Are you okay? You’re all red.”

 

Before she could answer, Mina started crying from the bedroom. “I’ll get her!” Sooyeon jumped up and ran to tend to the crying toddler. Sooyoung laughed to herself and pushing herself off the couch, walked to the bedroom.

 

Yifan and Changmin exchanged confused looks. “Did you get that?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“You’d think dating Sooyeon for three years, I would understand these moments.”

 

Changmin clapped Yifan on the shoulder. “Believe me, we’re not meant to actually understand. I’ve been with Sooyoung since college and we have a kid with two others on the way, still don’t understand half of what’s going on.”

 

“Comforting hyung, really comforting.”

 

“It’s the truth...it’s a hard truth for someone who likes to always know the answer but at least you know now. And if she wants you to understand, she’ll tell you.”

 

“I guess...”

 

“Anyways, ready to start work in Seoul?”

 

“It’s not like I’ve never worked here before. I’ve only been gone three years.”

 

“I still can’t believe you didn’t come back at least once in those three years.”

 

“Hyung....I knew if I came back I wouldn’t want to leave.”

 

“So is that why it was always Sooyeon visiting you in New York instead?”

 

“Pretty much.”

 

“And here I thought you were lazy and just making your girlfriend do all the traveling.”

 

“Yah hyung. Plus I only got random days off here and there. It was too hard to schedule a visit.”

 

“Well I guess it works then that you didn’t stay in New York even with that offer. But Samsung isn’t lacking either, their cancer program is making headlines all the time. We’ve featured them several times in the past year.”

 

“Yeah I’ll get a lot of great experience here. I want to start already.”

 

“Dude, you’re taking just three weeks off. You’ll manage to get through it.”

 

“I know...one week has already passed so only two more left.”

 

“You’re such a workaholic you know that?”

 

“Sooyeon tells me that too. Though she’s not any better, she worked overtime three days this past week.”

 

“You’re perfect for each other, you’re both overly dedicated to your careers.”

 

“Yeah...being back a week...I’m glad to be back.”

 

“Of course, Seoul is your home. It’s been your home for so many years.”

 

“I was thinking more along the lines that Sooyeon is here...I wanted to be where she would be. We started to date only after I had to move away. I don’t want to spend any longer away from her side.”

 

“You are a romantic workaholic Wu Yifan...you really are.”


Sorry I said the next update would be after the events in "Patient Jung Sooyeon" but I realized I needed to do a filler chapter to go from Yifan coming home to the rest of the story. I have the next chapter already planned out so definitely for sure, we'll be moving forward! ^^