Get Used To This

The Woman I Love

Sorry for the week-long absence...I am in the middle of a job interviewing process! It's taking much longer than any other job I have applied for. *fingers crossed!*

 

Thank you @db5k_aktf and @ohmykrease for your upvotes! I hope the rest of this story can do your votes justice! I'm updating with two chapters, just some random filler to get through the years. Next update will follow what happens after the events from "Patient Jung Sooyeon" ^^ 

 


“So remember you should eat the containers in order and no skipping around!”

 

“Sooyeon...”

 

“It’s all planned out so you’ll have at least one good meal a day.”

 

“Sooyeon, I really don’t see a point in alternating my meals. It’s not going to make a difference if I eat chicken three days in a row or if I alternate with tofu and pork...” Yifan sighed in exasperation.

 

Sooyeon glared at him before proceeding to finish her packing. “Fine. Do whatever you want then.” She angrily threw her clothes into the suitcase and slamming it shut, grabbed a book and started to read.

 

“Sooyeon....”

 

She ignored him and focused on her reading even as he sat next to her on the sofa and nudged her. “Sooyeon~ah...” Yifan tugged on her book and pulled it out of her grasp. “Sooyeon~ah, I’m sorry. I had a pretty terrible day and I took out my frustration on you.”

 

Sooyeon looked away but mumbled, “I was going to plan the same meals as you so it would feel like we’re eating together.”

 

“Baby...” Yifan pulled his girlfriend into a hug. They stayed that way for a moment before Sooyeon pulled away and wiped her tears away.

 

“Sorry, I wasn’t going to act all weepy and such. We already had to say bye before, no sad repeats. But...I just thought it’d be nice to have the feeling of sharing a meal.”

 

“And I should appreciate the effort especially since you made me so much food. I won’t have to eat out for awhile. Now I know how much you like me,” Yifan teased.

 

Sooyeon pouted and lightly punched him, but he grabbed her fist instead and pulled her into his embrace again. “You should sleep, you have an early surgery.”

 

“My girlfriend is leaving in the morning. I can stay up a bit longer.” They cuddled together on the couch, talking a bit more before Sooyeon chased him off to bed. Repacking her clothes neatly into the suitcase, Sooyeon watched Yifan sleep before drifting off herself.

 

The alarm rang at 5am and both of them groaned at the early hour. Yifan rolled over to shut off the ringing and reached out for Sooyeon, pulling her into a hug. “You have to get up...”

 

“I know...1 more minute...”

 

“Nope, get up now.” Sooyeon pushed him away and out of the bed.

 

“Sooyeon~ah...”

 

“You won’t have me pushing you out of bed in the morning for awhile so appreciate this!” She pushed him toward the bathroom and headed to the kitchen area to make breakfast.

 

Grabbing his bag, Yifan took the offered lunch bag. “What’s for lunch today?”

 

“Wait and see!”

 

“You’ll be okay getting to the airport by yourself?”

 

“Of course, I managed to get myself here didn’t I?”

 

“I know...I’m sorry I can’t take you there myself.”

 

“Yifan...I’m a big girl.”

 

Yifan chuckled as he pulled her into another hug. “Of course you are, you’re my girl,” he mumbled into her hair. Letting her go, he reminded her to let him know when she arrives back in Seoul.

 

“I will, now get going or you’ll be late.”

 

Nodding Yifan walked out the door only to turn back and peck Sooyeon lightly on the lips. Sooyeon smiled, pulling him down for a longer one. Lifting his head Yifan smiled against her lips. “I could get used to this.” Giving her another peck he walked out the door.

 

Sooyeon locked the door after him and leaning against the wall, hugged herself. “Me too.”