Saranghae

The Woman I Love

I'm super super sorry for the delay in writing this! I had major issues with my computer and I lost this chapter (I was stupid and didn't back it up to a usb T_T) So I had to start over and rewrite it. Work is also kicking my lately - the day goes by fast but I can't honestly remember what fills up 8+ hours of my day...T_T...do you ever feel like you've gone through the motions of your day but you don't remember doing so? The only things I can remember from the past several weeks are going to work and then Mon-Tues watching Sooyoung in Cyrano! But yesterday was 4th of July here so I had off from work so I sat down and finished! I spent my free time at work today editing things since today was super slow (Friday after a holiday...really?) 

This will be the last chapter of this story *cries*. For all the readers who stuck by this, thank you so much!!! Especially through my extremely slow updates at times. The upvoters! You are all awesome! And the subscribers! I never expected 1 subscriber/upvote much less to get the numbers I did, I'm super super thankful! *bows 90 degrees*

I hope you all enjoyed reading a fuller story to the one shot I wrote what seems like forever ago. I am considering writing a companion piece to that one shot and partially this story, from Seo Hyun's point of view. But that one, I wouldn't post until I've written it out completely...I get lots of ideas for stories but it takes me forever to write them out...and I get tired so easily now...though I think this time may be because of a cold or something...the weather suddenly turned super muggy and hot here so it makes me feel super lethargic.

So future plans: 1) one-shot from Seo Hyun's pov; 2) finishing up my other story that I put on hiatus awhile ago; 3) sort through my various ideas and plan out another story but only after 1 and 2 are done...If I skip 1 or 2 and go straight to 3, someone yell at me please :) But enough of my ramblings, here is the end of "The Woman I Love" ! And to everyone out there reading this, as this chapter says "SARANGHAE all of you!" 


 

“Krys, can you come in here?”

 

“You okay? You’re taking awhile to put on your slip...oh...unnie...” Krystal quickly shut the bathroom door and helped her unnie. While putting on her slip, Sooyeon had managed to get one of the straps stuck on a clip in her hair.

 

“I had to use the bathroom first and then when I put this on it got stuck...” Sooyeon explained.

 

Nimbly shifting the strap out of the hair, Krystal smoothed down any stray hairs that had escaped the clip holding back part of Sooyeon’s hair. “There we go, you’re good?”

 

“Yeah, we can go out now.”

 

Sooyoung spotted the two sisters coming back into the bedroom. “The photographer is set up and ready to start documenting you changing into your dress,” she announced.

 

Sooyeon blushed, unconsciously covering herself with her arms. “I still don’t get why we need pictures of me dressing....it’s embarrassing...”

 

“It’s a memory unnie! I thought it was weird too but Taemin’s mom said I would be happy to have the photos. And I am, it reminds me of how excited I felt on my wedding day.”

 

“And the photographers are already here, so you can’t back out noww~” Sooyoung sang aloud.

 

Sooyeon resigned herself to being photographed by strangers as she dressed. Both Sooyoung and Krystal helped her into the dress, adjusting the train in the back. A knock sounded on the door before it opened to reveal Mrs. Wu. “Ah mom, come in!”

 

“Sooyeon, you look so beautiful!”

 

“Thank you! I had a favor to ask. I was wondering if you could help me put on my jewelry and the veil?”

 

“Oh Sooyeon, I’d be honored. Are you sure you don’t want your sister to do it for you?”

 

“I always imagined my mom would be here to help me but she’s not. Even though you and dad are usually traveling outside of Korea, you’ve always been supportive of my relationship with Yifan and I’m happy to become your daughter-in-law.”

 

“Sooyeon, you’ve been a friend to Yifan all these years when his father and I weren’t around as much as we should have for him. I’m happy for you both for finding love with each other. I hope you will consider both of us like your real parents even though we’re your in-laws.” She took Sooyeon’s hand in her grasp, patting it lightly.

 

“Mom....” Sooyeon sniffed back her tears.

 

“Now...no crying, you’re supposed to be happy on your wedding day. What jewelry do you want me to help you with?”

 

Blinking back her tears, she pointed at the box sitting on the dresser. “It’s in there, the pearl necklace you gave me as an engagement gift. I want to wear it today.”

 

“Oh Sooyeon, you don’t have to.”

 

“I want to, I bought my dress knowing the necklace would complement it the best.”

 

Mrs. Wu smiled at her soon-to-be daughter-in-law, taking the pearls out of the box. Unclasping the string, she stepped up behind Sooyeon and set the necklace. Pulling back Sooyeon’s hair, she took the veil from Krystal’s hand and clipped it into place with several bobby pins. Sooyoung handed Mrs. Wu a clip matching the one already in place in Sooyeon’s hair, to hide the bobby pins. Fluffing the veil out around her shoulders, Mrs. Wu stepped back to admire the blushing bride.

 

“Unnie~” Krystal rushed forward and threw her arms around her sister. “You look so beautiful!”

 

Returning the hug, Sooyeon merely smiled. The photographer had the two sisters sit together for a photo then continuing with Sooyoung and Mrs. Wu. Finished taking photos of the dressing stage, the photographer left with her assistants to set up for the bridal party photos. Excusing herself, Mrs. Wu left the three alone to find her husband.

 

As Sooyoung and Krystal called their husbands to check up on their kids, Sooyeon stepped over to the mirror and looked at her reflection. Running her hands over the silk skirt, she swallowed the lump in . “I’m getting married...” she whispered. Reaching up to touch the veil, she smiled to herself, “I’m getting married...”

 

“Yes you are!”

 

“AHH!”

 

“Sorry!” Taemin jumped back, hands held up. “I thought you saw my reflection in the mirror, noona. Sorry.”

 

“Oh Taemin...it’s okay...you just scared me that’s all.”

 

“She was too busy admiring herself,” Krystal teased. Coming up behind them, she linked arms with her husband and smoothed away invisible wrinkles on his jacket.

 

Sooyeon opened to argue and felt herself being pulled away by Sooyoung. “No sibling teasing before the wedding. You’ll get to do all that during the speeches during the reception. And believe me, they will,” she answered Sooyeon’s unasked question.

 

Sooyeon pouted but stayed quiet as Sooyoung made sure they had done everything. “And Mina has her flower girl basket with her....and we’re all set. Here’s your bouquet.” Sooyoung handed over the arrangement of pink and red roses. “I’m going to check on Mina before the ceremony...make sure she hasn’t dumped out all her flowers. Call me if you need me!” With a hug and a whispered “I’m so happy for you Sooyeon~ah”, she left the room.

 

Krystal unlinked arms with Taemin and stepped closer to her sister. “Unnie...congratulations.”

 

“Thanks Krys...and who’s looking after the baby if both of you are up here...”

 

“Oh Yifan hyung is looking after him right now. I came up to get the diaper bag.”

 

“How is Yifan doing?”

 

“Nervous...anxious...excited...he’s afraid you’ll run away at the last minute,” Taemin laughed.

 

Sooyeon chuckled nervously before clutching her bouquet tighter in her hands.

 

“Unnie if you’re ready we can go down together. The ceremony should be starting soon. Taemin said most of the guests have arrived already and they’re being seated.”

 

Nodding her head Sooyeon followed her sister and brother-in-law out of the hotel room and downstairs. One of the hotel employees directed them to a small room off the hall being used for the ceremony. Sooyeon peeked at the ballroom being set up for the reception and saw employees running around making last minute adjustments. A light squeeze of her hand brought her attention back to the room she was now entering.

 

“Now Sooyeon-shi, we went over this during the rehearsal but once the music starts in the hall, we’ll open up this set of doors and you can enter to walk down the aisle. I understand your dongsaeng will be walking with you?”

 

Sooyeon nodded.

 

“Okay, so it should be another minute or so. The flower girl is just outside the room so she’ll go first then we’ll give the cue for you.”

 

Nodding to show she understood, Sooyeon took a deep breath to calm herself. She tightened her hold on Krystal’s hand and smiled at her dongsaeng. “Krys....I’m getting married.”

 

“Congratulations unnie...I’m so happy for you.”

 

The two sisters embraced, careful to not shed any more tears. The employee from before entered the room and instructed them to get into position. A light knock on the door and then they flew open to reveal the hall. Sooyeon stopped in the doorway for a moment to take in the scene before her. Friends and family sat along an aisle lined with pink rose petals. Mina walked along ahead throwing out red rose petals from her little basket. Changmin and Sooyoung sat proudly in their seats near the front watching their oldest daughter performing her task with the utmost concentration. Taemin sat in the seat normally reserved for the father of the bride, the seat next to his saved for Krystal. Yifan’s parents sat across in the seats meant for the parents of the groom. And there at the end of the aisle stood Yifan in his black tailored suit, his eyes watching Sooyeon’s every movement and taking in the sight of her in her wedding gown.

 

Together the two sisters walked down the aisle as they had done before, only this time the roles were switched and Krystal was giving her unnie away to the man who had stood by her side through the years.

 

Yifan’s smile widened even further as Sooyeon came closer. Stepping down from the altar, he met the two Jungs and bowing to Krystal he offered his hand to Sooyeon.

 

Giving her unnie’s hand another squeeze, Krystal let go and took her seat next to Taemin. Sooyeon placed her hand in Yifan’s and the two walked up to the altar. Acting as MC for the ceremony, Yunho explained to the guests that after the traditional vows, the bride and groom had a few additional words to add. Letting the officiator lead them through their vows, Yunho sat back down next to his son. Reaching over the back of his chair, Yunho rest his hand on his wife’s shoulder. Boa reached up and held onto him as she watched the ceremony.

 

“Do you Wu Yifan take Jung Sooyeon to be your lawfully wedded wife? Through sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for as long as you both shall live?”

 

“I do.” Yifan squeezed Sooyeon’s hand in time with his firm nod.

 

“And do you Jung Sooyeon take Wu Yifan to be your lawfully wedded husband? Through sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for as long as you both shall live?”

 

Sooyeon smiled, “I do.”

 

“May I have the rings please?”

 

Mr. Wu stepped up and handed over a ring box where sat the wedding bands, identical down to the short engraving on the inner side saying ‘forever’.

 

The officiator took the ring box and holding it high so everyone could see, he explained. “These rings, I understand, were made from Yifan’s grandparents’ rings that were melted down and reshaped. They were married for 60 years. May the love and strength that carried them through their marriage extend to the couple in front of me, the next generation of lovers.”

 

Bringing them back down, he set the box on the altar and passed Sooyeon’s ring to Yifan.

 

“Repeat after me. With this ring as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed.”

 

“With this ring as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed.”

 

Taking out the other ring he passed it to Sooyeon. “Repeat after me. With this ring as a token of my love and affection,  I thee wed.”

 

“With this ring as a token of my love and affection, I thee wed.” Sooyeon slipped the ring on Yifan’s hand and held tightly to it.

 

“Now our almost-married couple have a few words to share with each other. Ladies first,” he gestured for Sooyeon to start.

 

Sooyeon looked up at Yifan, her shyness at expressing herself in front of a large crowd disappearing at the warm look in his eyes. “Yifan~ah...I don’t know why I never called you by your English name Kris...Yifan just sounds nicer I’m guessing. For standing by me through everything I’ve gone through, thank you. I didn’t want to move back to Seoul when I was in high school. But meeting you, I’m glad I did...I can’t imagine my life without you and I never want to. I am so happy to be starting this new journey with you.”

 

Yifan let go of her hand and reached out to wipe away the tears slipping down her cheeks. "Pabo...what's with the tears. People will think you're sad to be getting married to me."

 

Sooyeon could only while as she sniffed back her tears.

 

"If you cry from the words you've spoken and you knew what you were going to say, you'll fall apart with my speech," Yifan teased.

 

Sooyeon nudged him and motioned for him to talk. "As my lively bride composes herself, I'll begin. Jung Sooyeon....you are my world...my everything. You make getting up everyday worth it and you make every moment worth living. When you agreed to be my girlfriend even though I was in New York at the time, you made me the happiest man alive and I didn't think anything could top that. But then you agreed to be my wife and everything else in my life has paled in comparison. I'm pretty sure each new memory we make together will overwhelm everything else but in this moment, the best way to sum up how I feel, right here and now, is thankful. Thankful that someone amazing and incredible like you took a chance on a relationship halfway around the world, and thankful that you will be my wife. Saranghaeyo Jung Sooyeon."

 

As he finished speaking, Yifan leaned forward and claimed her lips in a kiss. Sooyeon's tears fell freely down her cheeks, making the kiss both sweet and salty. The crowd laughed as the officiator quickly added, “And you may now...continue to kiss the bride!”

 

Sooyeon pulled back and buried her face into Yifan’s jacket, embarrassed by their sudden display of affection in front of so many people. Yifan chuckled and pressed a kiss to her head. Letting go of each other they bowed to the officiator and then faced the crowd. “May I present to you all Mr. and Mrs. Wu Yifan!”

 

All the guests stood up and loudly clapped as the two made their way down from the altar and started down the aisle, down their new journey in life. No longer just best friends and boyfriend/girlfriend, but now as two people coming together and being one. For all the troubles they had gone through, their journey of being best friends before becoming lovers - all of it was meant to lead them to this moment. The moment where they would start a family all of their own and begin creating new memories to carry them forward into the next stage of their lives.

 

“Jung Sooyeon.”

 

“Mm?” Sooyeon turned her head to look in his direction as they walked.

 

“Sa-”

 

“Saranghae Yifan~ah, cheongmal saranghae.”

 

Yifan smiled, “Always remember Sooyeon~ah, you are the woman I love.”