chapter 9: the break up.

Wedding Dress

Hyomin controlled her tears from dropping down.

The last guy, the guy who she loved the most in her life, was Lee Joon.

Lee Joon had already been friends with Jiyeon before he met Hyomin, so she knew he would not leave her for Jiyeon.

She admits that she loves Lee Joon much more than he loved her and he never once said ‘I love you’ to her before, but he never betrayed her before either.

It was nearly one year since they have been together and she desperately wants Lee Joon to propose.

She wants to start a family and stop living this life of hers where she has no target, no goal, and is just living an empty life.

As Hyomin parked her car outside Lee Joon’s house, she said to herself, “I’ll not give in to you anymore Jiyeon.”

Hyomin opened the door with the spare keys she had.

The living room was empty so she walked up the stairs.

She heard laughter from the piano room so she went to open the door.

Jiyeon and Lee Joon were playing the piano together when Hyomin burst into the room.

Both of them looked up at her, shocked.

Lee Joon got up and stood in front of Hyomin, “What are you doing here Hyomin ah?” he asked.

Hyomin pushed him away and walked towards Jiyeon.

“You, follow me.” She said.

Jiyeon stood up slowly and followed Hyomin to the balcony.

Hyomin locked the balcony door so Lee Joon couldn’t get in.

Lee Joon just watched them, without being able to hear anything they were saying.

“Jiyeon ah. You are my best friend right?” Hyomin asked.

“Of course Jiyeon replied.

“Then, why do you want to steal my boyfriend from me? I know you like Lee Joon. Don’t lie to me anymore!” Hyomin shouted.

Jiyeon, shocked, said softly, “I don’t want to steal your boyfriend Hyomin ah…”

Hyomin slapped Jiyeon hard across the cheek.

Lee Joon, seeing this, shocked, but stood rooted to the ground as he could not do anything.

“You’re so shameless. Whenever I like someone, they always end up liking you. I have never said anything up until now because I know we are best friends. But I will never let you have Lee Joon. I won’t. If you still treat me as your friend, you’ll leave right now.” Hyomin said.

Jiyeon, clutching her cheek said, “I’ll never steal your boyfriend from you…But, if you want me to leave, I will. I’m very sorry.”

Jiyeon opened the balcony door and went up to her room to pack her stuff.

Lee Joon walked towards Hyomin, “Hyomin ah, why did you hit Jiyeon?”

Hyomin enraged, “You’re so dumb do you know that? Jiyeon likes you and you let her stay in your house?”

“What are you talking about?” Lee Joon said.

“Don’t act dumb. I don’t care. She’s going to leave now.” Hyomin replied.

“What? But where will she go?” Lee Joon said.

“Back to her own house of course! She has to face the real world one day Lee Joon. She can’t always have you there to protect her and take care of her. She’s not a little kid anymore oppa!” Hyomin finally could not hold it in anymore and shouted at Lee Joon.

Jiyeon, seeing this, immediately ran towards them.

“I’m really sorry. Please don’t fight. I’ll leave now.” Jiyeon said.

Lee Joon called after her and tried to follow her but Hyomin held on to his arm.

“If you leave oppa, don’t ever come back to me again.” Hyomin said.

As she said that sentence, she never knew that Lee Joon would every think of defying her.

But, Lee Joon turned around, looked at her and said, “I’m sorry.”

And he ran out after Jiyeon.