chapter 5: the sea...

Wedding Dress

Jiyeon wiped off her tears, grabbed her dress, and walked towards the sea to check her reflection.

As predicted, she looked disastrous.

She looked up at the horizon which seemed miles away from her.

The sunset was beautiful. The crimson light of the sun slowly started to set and the sky was filled with dashes of pink, purple and orange.

She closed her eyes and took in the sea wind. She was lost in her own world; stress free, troubles free, and her whole body relaxed.

She wished she could be taken away with the wind, to a faraway place where she could run away from all this madness.

If only this was all a nightmare that I’m having, and when I wake up, everything will be okay, she thought.

But she knew too well that this may be a nightmare, but it is one that she will never wake up from, because it was her life, it was reality.

All of a sudden, she heard footsteps behind her.

She turned around, to face a startled Lee Joon.

She looks so vulnerable and weak, he thought.

He crouched down next to her and wiped off the smeared mascara on her face.

Jiyeon couldn’t take it anymore.

She hugged Lee Joon as if she never wanted to let him go and broke down.

She sobbed so loudly that Lee Joon wanted to cry for her too.

She wanted to stay there in his arms, forever, and never come back up again.

Whenever he hugged her, she knew it was compassion and care for a friend, but she always felt safe and secured. It was all she needed.

She lifted up her head and looked behind Lee Joon as if to look for someone else.

“Who are you looking for?” Lee Joon asked.

“Well, I don’t know, Jiho oppa, or Jieun? Didn’t they come with you?” she asked.

Lee Joon shook his head, “No, well last time I saw your brother he was getting questioned by your dad…”

Jiyeon looked down at her hands, “It’s all my fault…” she said.

“No, it’s not. I never knew you did not love Joongki, why didn’t you tell me? If I knew, I’ll never let you marry him.” Lee Joon said.

Jiyeon was about to reply when Lee Joon exclaimed, “Did Jiho know that you did not love Joongki? And he still let you marry him?”

Jiyeon replied, “He knew, but he also knew how much Joongki loved me and he knew Joongki would treat me well. You know oppa, he will support me in any choice I make.”

Lee Joon nodded, agreeing. “Let’s go then Jiyeon. Its freezing here and I mean don’t scold me, but you look totally weird in a wedding dress crouching down on the beach. People may think we’re nuts or something you know.”

Jiyeon looked at him, raising her eyebrows, “For your information, I don’t see anyone on this beach besides us.” But, she still got up and walked towards the road with him.

“How did you get here?” Jiyeon asked curiously.

“Erm, I walked?” Lee Joon replied.

“How are we going to leave this place? And where will I go? I can’t go back to the apartment; my parents will probably be waiting there for me…” Jiyeon said softly.

Lee Joon thought for awhile, “Let’s go to my place. My parents are out of town anyway for like a few weeks, you could stay at my place for the time being.”

Jiyeon started to protest, saying it was not a good idea bringing him into all of this, but Lee Joon just said, “So, that’s decided, let’s go.”

 

please comment? i wrote this after i cut my finger and it took a long time..but you guys are worth it! ;3