chapter 12: locked up in a bird cage.

Wedding Dress

Sitting on his sofa in his house, Lee Joon started to regret what he just did.

Was it the right thing to return Jiyeon back to her parents? He thought.

He could still remember the glare Jiyeon gave me and the disappointed look in her eyes that he could not forget.

He decided to check on her and grabbed his coat and went out.

He reached the Park mansion in 30 minutes, parked his car and got out.

He rang the doorbell and one of the maids came out.

“Can I go in to see Jiyeon?” he asked.

“I’m sorry sir, but Jiyeon just left with her parents.” The maid replied.

Disappointed, Lee Joon looked up at the house.

He could see a faint light from one of the bedrooms.

She couldn’t be in the house right? He thought.

He looked back at the maid who did seem to have any intention of letting him into the house.

He sighed, turned around and left.

Jiyeon, who saw everything from her bedroom window, wanted to go down and meet him, but there were butlers at the front door and maids at the gates and she had nowhere to go.

She sat down on her bed and looked around her room.

It was so big that it seemed so empty.

Exhausted from the events that happened day, Jiyeon fell asleep shortly after.

She was awoken by a maid who told her that her parents were back for dinner.

Jiyeon straightened her clothes and walked down the spiral staircase.

Her parents were sitting side by side, not talking.

Jiyeon walked towards a seat opposite of them and sat down.

They ate their dinner in silence and Jiyeon was about to excuse herself when her dad told her to sit down.

“Jiyeon. From tomorrow onwards, you will be going to work at the company. You will be the manager for financing since you have studied that before. I hope you won’t let me down.” Mr. Park said.

“Yes, father.” Jiyeon replied.

She glanced at her mother.

Mrs. Park was just eating silently with her head bowed and did not make any comments throughout the whole dinner.

Chills went down Jiyeon’s spine.

It was too deathly silent in this house, she thought.

She couldn’t stand it anymore and excused herself and went back to her room.

The next day, Jiyeon went with her parents to work.

The moment they stepped into the building, all eyes were on Jiyeon.

There were whispers and stares on her as she walked silently behind her parents.

Mrs. Park went off to meet her high-so friends and Mr. Park introduced Jiyeon to everyone.

“As all of you may know, this is my daughter, Jiyeon. She will be the manager for finance from now on.” He said.

Jiyeon bowed and went into her room.

The moment she closed the door behind her, she took in a big breath.

This is so pressurizing, she thought.

At that moment, someone knocked on the door.

“Come in.” Jiyeon said.

“Er…Nice to meet you. I am Ms. Goh. I am your secretary from now on. Here are all the finance files for the past 5 years.” Ms. Goh said.

Jiyeon thanked her and sat down and got down to work.

Jiyeon was a genius with an IQ of 150 and she immediately took in all the information about the company’s finances.

The company had been doing reasonably well consistently.

Seems like I have my work cut out for me, Jiyeon thought.

It was lunch time and Jiyeon walked slowly out of the room.

Everyone was making noise about to go to lunch when they noticed Jiyeon.

All of them immediately went silent and watched her as she walked out.

What’s with this creepy feeling?

 

aaaaaaaaaaaa need to write more extra chapters! comments?