chapter 6: living together

Wedding Dress

They finally managed to hail a taxi and they set off for Lee Joon’s house.

As Jiyeon stepped into the house, she looked around.

It was just like the first time she stepped into this house. Nothing had changed.

She missed this house. The house which she used to visit all the time with Jiho when they were young.

How she missed the fun they all had in the garden, with Lee Joon’s parents watching them, laughing happily.

She used to never want to leave this house and always went into a fit whenever it was time to leave.

She smiled to herself.

Those were the days… When we were just little kids, with nothing to fear, nothing to worry about.

Just then, Lee Joon’s voice was next to her ear, “A penny for your thoughts?” he said.

“Oh, I was just thinking about the times when were used to play in the garden in your house.” Jiyeon replied.

Lee Joon smiled and brought Jiyeon to a spare room.

“You can stay here for the time being. I’ll ask Jiho to get some of your stuff from home if he can.” Lee Joon said, and left the room.

Jiyeon looked around the room.

This room used to be the playroom for Lee Joon when he was young, she thought.

She sat down on the bed.

She was relieved that she did not have to go home, but she knew she could not run away forever.

She would have to go back one day.

Well, let’s just worry about it when that day comes, and she dozed off on the bed, exhausted.

“Ding, Dong.” The doorbell rang.

Lee Joon went to open the door.

It was Jiho, holding a big bag.

“Here are her stuff, please take care of her while she’s here, I’ll let you know immediately when things have cleared down and I’ll take her home. I’ll bring more of her clothes another day.” Jiho said.

“Sure, I’ll take care of her, don’t worry.” Lee Joon said and he took the bag and closed the door.

Jiho walked away. He was worried, worried that Jiyeon will not be able to leave Lee Joon the next time he comes back. Let’s just hope everything turns our right, he thought hopefully.

Lee Joon opened the door of the spare room and started, “Your brother brought your stuff…”

His voice trailed off as he saw Jiyeon sleeping soundly on the bed.

Couldn’t you wait till your clothes were here? He thought, smiling.

He left the bag on the floor and went out.

Jiyeon slowly rose from the bed and rubbed her eyes.

What time is it? She thought.

She looked at the clock on the bedside table.

It was 6 o’clock in the evening.

She spotted the bag on the floor and opened it up.

All her necessities and some of her clothes were inside. 

Jiyeon took out some clothes and stuff and went out to find a bathroom.

The bathroom was right next to the spare room.

Jiyeon bathed and changed quickly, but she looked at the wedding dress, pondering what to do with it.

She went to find Lee Joon and found him preparing dinner.

“Oppa, where can I throw away the wedding dress?” she asked

Lee Joon looked up and saw Jiyeon.

She was wearing a long t-shirt and shorts and looked so cute and young standing there.

“Huh? You want to throw it away?” He asked.

“Yeah, I don’t want to see it any longer.” She replied.

Lee Joon nodded and took the wedding dress to the back of the house and threw it into the garbage bin.

“Feeling better?” he asked Jiyeon when he was back.

“Yes, I feel so much refreshed after that nap.” Jiyeon replied, smiling.

“Oh, the bed must be so dirty now with sand and stuff.” Lee Joon said jokingly.

“What? Ya! I was tired okay?” Jiyeon replied.

They both laughed and sat down for dinner.