chapter 4: the wedding

Wedding Dress

Finally, it was time for Jiyeon to go out.

As she walked down the aisle, she looked at the many faces that were present.

She spotted Jieun and Jiho, and her parents who were smiling happily as they wanted her to marry Joongki because of his high status and rich family.

Finally, she spotted Lee Joon, sitting happily with Hyomin.

Hyomin waved and mouthed: “Fighting!” to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon glanced back at the altar where Joongki was waiting for her.

She finally stood next to Joongki, facing the priest.

“Mr. Kang Joongki, do you take Ms. Park Jiyeon as your law wedded wife?” The priest asked.

“I do.” Joongki replied readily.

The priest turned to Jiyeon. “Ms. Park Jiyeon, do you take Mr. Kang Joongki as your law wedded wife?”

Jiyeon hesitated and thought. People started to whisper amongst themselves and Joongki looked at Jiyeon worriedly.

Finally, Jiyeon made up her mind.

She took off the veil slowly to reveal her face.

“Sorry Joongki. I cannot do this. I cannot marry you. I never loved you, and never will. I thought that I could make myself love you with time to come, but thinking that I have to spend the rest of my life with you, I just can’t do it. I’m so so sorry.” And she walked down the steps.

Joongki, flabbergasted, stood rooted to the ground, unable to do anything.

Jiyeon’s dad grabbed her arm and said sternly, “Do you want to disgrace our family? If you walk out of that door, you will no longer be my daughter.” Jiyeon’s mother just shook her head and looked away from Jiyeon.

Jiyeon apologized and ran out of the hall, her wedding dress trailing after her.

Everyone stood up from their seats and started discussing about what just happened.

Lee Joon, worried about Jiyeon, ran out in search of her.

Jiho wanted to follow, but Jieun stopped him, “Only he can make this right oppa.” She said.

Mr. and Mrs. Park came storming towards Jiho. “Son, what is wrong with Jiyeon? Why did she run away?” Mr. Park asked.

Jiho just shook his head saying he didn’t know why.

Joongki’s parents walked over with a shocked Joongki.

“Mr. Park. How can your daughter run off like that? The merging of our companies is off! I will tell the media of how big liars you people are and we’ll make sure your company goes down for what you did to my son! Joongki, let’s go!” and Mr. and Mrs. Kang took Joongki, who was still unable to walk properly due to shock, away.

Lee Joon ran as fast as he could towards the seaside.

He knew Jiyeon will be there.

Whenever she was down, she went to the seaside.

She always told him that the sea breeze soothed her.

He finally reached the seaside and he paused to catch his breath and immediately started to scan the beach for Jiyeon.

The beach was deserted all except for one person in a wedding dress sitting on the beach at the other end.

Lee Joon started walking towards Jiyeon.

After running away from the wedding, Jiyeon knew her life was over.

From young, Jiyeon’s parents never liked her very much and always neglected her.

Once she turned 16, her parents chased her out of the house and told her to only come back until she found a rich husband.

So, you can imagine how elated Mr. and Mrs. Park were when they heard the news that their daughter was going to marry the son of a multi millionaire tycoon, Joongki.

It was the first time Jiyeon actually felt the warmth of a family and she never wanted to let it go.

But, lying to herself and marrying a man she doesn’t love? She just couldn’t do that.

Seeing the outraged face of her father, and her disappointed face of her mother just now, she knew they’ll never acknowledge her ever again.