chapter 3: the wait...

Wedding Dress

As the wedding day inched nearer and nearer, Jiyeon got more restless.

She seemed to be in this trance as she walked around, lifeless.

Jieun, worried, kept asking her if she was okay, but Jiyeon just smiled and asked her not to worry.

Jiho tried to talk to Jiyeon but she seemed so weak and confused that he decided to give her some time to think alone.

Lee Joon and Hyomin also came over and gushed about the decorations of the wedding hall, envious of Jiyeon and Joongki.

“Jiyeon ah~ As your best friend, I’m really happy for you, you’ve found such a perfect guy! And furthermore, he’s rich!” Hyomin said.

Lee Joon nodded in union: “Jiyeon ah~ Don’t forget oppa after you’re a rich man’s wife! Hahahahahhaha!”

Jiyeon forced a smile at them and seeing this, jiho just shook his head and Jieun put her hand on Jiyeon’s hand, as if to reassure her.

For the next few days, Jiyeon rejected every invitation to go out and just said she was okay and did not want anyone to fuss over her.

Finally the day of the wedding arrived.

Jieun was helping Jiyeon to wear her dress when she realized it was very loose and kept dropping down.

Jieun shocked: “Jiyeon ah! Did you lose weight? The dress keeps sliding down.”

Jiyeon looked up dazed: “Huh? I’m not sure.”

Jieun hurriedly took Jiyeon to measure her weight.

“Oh my god! You lost 2 kg Jiyeon ah! It must be because of the stress you were under preparing for the wedding…” Jieun said.

Jiyeon just shrugged like it was no big deal and took a waft of ribbon from the closet and made a perfect bow around her waist to keep her wedding dress from falling down.

“Wow! You’re a genius Jiyeon ah! The wedding dress looks even more pretty now, you look so sophisticated. No wonder your wedding gowns sell so well!” Jiyeon said, amazed.

Jiyeon owns a chain of wedding shops around the world.

She has designed wedding dresses for many famous people before and her motto is to let everyone who wears her wedding dress feel like the happiest woman in the world on their wedding day.

Jiyeon laughed at herself, she felt nothing, no happiness, no sadness, she just felt so confused at everything.

Everything seemed to go too fast for her and she could not grasp hold of time fast enough.

Jieun put on the tiara and veil on Jiyeon’s head and looked at Jiyeon through the mirror.

Jieun gasped: “You look like a goddess. It’s so unfair, you’re so beautiful.”

Jiyeon looked at herself in the mirror. Jieun was right, she looked beautiful, but something seemed to be missing.

Lee Joon, Hyomin, Jiho, and Mr. and Mrs. Park all came to take pictures with Jiyeon in her wedding dress.

Soon, the room was empty again except for Jieun and Jiho.

JIho stared at his little sister looking so beautiful on her wedding day…

But, the glow that made Jiyeon, Jiyeon was not there and she just seemed empty.

Jieun saw that Jiho wanted to speak to Jiyeon privately so she went out to let him talk with Jiyeon alone.

She gave him a light peck on the cheek and left.

Jiho walked slowly to Jiyeon and sat down next to her.

“Jiyeon ah, are you happy?” he asked.

Jiyeon mumbled: “I don’t know.”

He hugged her: “Jiyeon ah, forget about him okay? All he does is give you pain. Joongki loves you more that anyone else, and you know that.”

Jiyeon nodded silently.

I wrote this right after my exam in my notebook and i apologise if its not good! I'm currently having exams so please forgive me if i don't update often!