chapter 10: sadness.

Wedding Dress

“I’m sorry.” Those three words went through Hyomin’s mind over and over again as she broke down and fell onto the floor.

Lee Joon had taken Jiyeon back, put down her things and took her out, leaving Hyomin all by herself in the empty house.

Hyomin cried uncontrollably, not believing what just happened.

She had lost again.

Lost to Jiyeon.

Why? Why? Why? Why? Hyomin thought.

What did Jiyeon have that she didn’t?

Why did God have to punish her this way?

Lee Joon was holding on to Jiyeon’s arm as he brought her to a nearby park.

He finally sat down and looked at the ground.

“Oppa, don’t do this. Hyomin unni is devastated.” Jiyeon said softly.

“It’s not your fault Jiyeon ah. I broke up with her not because of you. It’s just what happened just now, made me realize I never really did fall in love with Hyomin. I dated her because she loved me and I convinced myself that with time to come, I will love her too, but I never did.” Lee Joon confessed.

Jiyeon was shocked at Lee Joon’s confession.

She always thought Hyomin and Lee Joon was in a very loving relationship, well the cracks never did show…

Her mind was really messed up now and she needed some time alone.

“Oppa, I’m going to take a walk alone…I’ll meet you later okay?” she said.

Lee Joon looked up, “You sure? Okay then…”

Jiyeon took her bag and left.

She walked onto a deserted street but because she was so deep in thought, she did not notice a big black van which stopped next to her.

Before she could react, she was pulled into the van and had her eyes blindfolded.

Lee Joon also got up from the bench and he saw what happened.

He immediately flagged a taxi to go after the van secretly.

In the taxi, he immediately called Jiho who luckily, was nearby.

They met with a few of their friends and followed the van.

In the van, Jiyeon tried to struggle but her hands were tied up and she could see anything.

“Who are you? Why are you doing this?” she asked frantically.

“We are only following orders.” A gruff voice replied.

After a few minutes, Jiyeon was taken out of the van and then tied up to a chair.

Just then, a familiar voice was heard.

“So, do you think you could get away this easily?” Mr. Kang said.

Isn’t that Joongki’s dad’s voice? Jiyeon thought.

“Mr. Kang. Why are you doing this?” she said.

“Ha, so you recognize my voice. Well, after what you did to my son, I tried my best to make your parents’ company go down, but it didn’t work. Your biggest mistake was letting yourself be seen Jiyeon. I will now use you as a hostage to get your parents to close down their company, or else, they’ll never see you again.” He said.

Jiyeon laughed.

“Do you think my parents would actually care about what happens to me? If you think so, you’re too foolish.” She said.

Mr. Kang was furious.

He went forward and slapped her hard on the face.

“It doesn’t matter anyways. If they don’t listen to me, I’ll make sure you disappear from this world, I’ll take you to an unknown country where you’ll get married to Joongki and no one will ever be able to find you again…” he said cunningly.

“You can’t do this to me!” Jiyeon shouted.

Mr. Kang laughed and called Mr. Park on his phone.

“So, Mr. Park, your daughter is in our hands. If you don’t…” His sentence was cut off by Mr. Park.

“Oh really? Thank you very much then…” Mr. Kang said and closed his phone.

He turned to Jiyeon.

“So, it turns out your dad did not even let me finish my sentence and just told me to do whatever I wanted with you…So my dear Jiyeon, let’s go find Joongki now…” Mr. Kang said, while shouting to the bodyguards to take Jiyeon back into the van.