chapter 1: the ring

Wedding Dress

Jiyeon walks slowly towards the bookshelf. She starts flipping through the books. Her hand stops at one book and she slowly tries to take it out, but a blinding light reaches her eyes and she lets it go.

"Thump." it drops sideways.

As she looked at her hand, she realises where the light came from.

She stares at her hand as if it was like a strange thing that she never saw before.

She fingers the silver band which now rests on her middle finger. Images flashed though her mind.

[FLASHBACK]

Joongki: Will you marry me?

Jiyeon: ( nods softly)

Joongki immediately slides a ring intoe her middle finger.

Joongki: This is just to show that we're engaged. On our wedding day, i'll put on the real wedding ring for you okay?

[PRESENT DAY]

Reality crashes down on Jiyeon as she finally takes in the face that she is going to get married.

She slowly walks upstairs to her bedroom and walks toward her closet.

She takes out the wedding dress she made six years ago and laid it on the bed. It was the wedding dress that she would always have wanted to wear on her wedding day, but not with Joongki.

As she was deep in thought, her older brother, Jiho walked in.

"Jiyeon, are you going to wear that dress on your wedding day?" he asked happily.

Jiyeon looked up, :" Huh? er, i don't think so..."

Jiho looked at her confused, : "Why not? You've been telling me you want to wear that dress since you made it when you were 14!"

As he spots her sad looking face, he realises what was going on, "It's because its Joongki isn't it. And not Joon."

Jiyeon, shocked, replied: "I don't know, i'm just so confused."

Jiho: " Jiyeon, are you really sure you want to marry Joongki? I thought that you were going to wait for Joon."

Tears welled up in Jiyeon's eyes: "I'm just like other girls, I need someone to care for and take care of me. Most of all, I want to be loved. You and I both know that Joon oppa will never like me, so..."

Jiho patted Jiyeon lightly on her head: "Its okay, what decision you make, I'll always support you."

"Knock Knock." Joongki walked into the room.

Jiho got up and said:" I'll leave you guys to talk then." and left.

Joongki was about to sit down next to Jiyeon when he spots the wedding dress, : "oh! Its beautiful, are you going to wear this on our wedding?"

Jiyeon hastily replied:" Oh no! Its just some dumb dress i made long ago!" and quickly put it back into the closet.

Before Jiho could ask anything more about the wedding dress. Jiyeon beckoned him to go outside.

 

please comment and tell me what you think!