What Is Love?

Drunk Confessions at Flaxton St.

Song for this chapter (click.click.click) > What is Love by EXO-K

 

 

Seohyun and Hoya are a couple. A couple that was envied by many.

 

Why?

 

Aside from their good looks and talented natures, They are together for almost 6 years now. 

Yes! You read it right....6 years!

 

After their first meeting at the playground, they became bestbuds (along with the other 6). Hoya became Seohyun's companion and she became his life mentor.

If it wasn't for her, Hoya might be engaged into a gang right now because his father was a former gangster in the past.

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

It's September 28. The weather is nice today. The bestbuds are under the tree at the back of the school.

They always spend time here after class. They review notes, work on some assignments and practice playing the guitar.

 

Seohyun is currently reading a book while Hoya is lying on the grass, greatly absorbed by deep thoughts.

 

* I think this is the right time...I'm confessing my feelings for her.  I've been loving her secretly for a long time now. I can't withstand if I see her with another man.  But I'm afraid it  might destroy our friendship....Argh, Should I give it a try? *

 

Then Hoya suddenly asked Seohyun,

 

"Seohyun-ah....." 

 

*I'm so nervous. *

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun replied without looking at him.

 

Girl, I can’t explain what I feel.
Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby.. yeah.

 

Hoya just stared at her, studying her face. He adored her cute nose,small lips,bright eyes,fair skin. 

 

 

Making a day feel like a minute
With you, Im the main character of a movie
As if Im about to film an action scene to come see you,
as if Ive become a hero

Youre perfect to me, I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby

 

 

 

Seo noticed that he was staring at her so she finally faced him and asked, "Do you have something to say?"

 

She was anticipating his answer but he didn't say a single word.

 

There was a long moment of silence. Hoya's mind is corrupted by various thoughts.

 

*I can't do this. I'm not ready. *

 

*Yah! Lee Howon.You're a man! You can do it *

 

*Alright...*

 

Until Hoya asked,

  I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

 

"Seohyun, will you be my girlfriend?" 

 

Seohyun frozed to that question. She didn't expect him to confess to her. 

 

But she is actually feels same. She is just waiting for him to reveal his heart to her.

 

The feelings are mutual. 

 

They know what they feel for each other are something deeper than friendship. 

 

 

LOVE.

 

"You see, I really like you ever since. " Hoya continued. "Everytime, you look at me in the eye. E-everytime we accidentally held each others hand. Everytime we were together. It just...... feels different. It's not a simple crush or infatuation. I already knew you are the girl I want to be with. I became your bestfriend because I want to be with you always, to guide you, to protect you, to make you smile....."

 

Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love

 

Hoya held Seohyun's hand and look into her eye. 

 

" I love you Seohyun. I really do." 

 

Hoya confessed with a trembling heart. He don't know what will be the result of his confession. He ignored his mind and let his heart speak to her.

 

Confused, Seohyun just stared at Hoya.

 

Then a smile formed on her face until she finally laughed.

 

"Hahahahahahahahahahahaha"

 

"YAAAAH! Seohyun -ah! Why are you laughing? I'm trying to be serious here. "

 

"Because... Ahahahahah...You're...ahahaha.. You're face! Ahahahah.. You look CONSTIPATED! Ahahahaha" Seohyun replied.

 

Hoya frowned while Seohyun is still laughing heartily.

 

Full of frustration, Hoya stood up and ready to go when Seohyun stopped him.

 

"Yah! Where do you think you're going?" She asked.

 

"You're just making fun of me. Don't you know that I'm really serious with what I said? It took me a lot of courage to confess to you and now you're laughing at me?" Hoya turned his back and took a step forward when she stopped him,

 

"You're leaving? How disappointing. I'm about to say YES already." She pouted.

 

Hoya looked back and asked her, 

 

"Mwo? What's your answer?"

 

"Oh? I thought you're already leaving."

 

"Yah! Tell me! "

 

"I don't want!"

 

"If you won't answer me, I'm going to....."

 

"You're going to what?"

 

"Ki..Kiss you."

 

Hoya moved closer.

 

"One!"

 

Dugeun Dugeun, Both hearts are beating rapidly.

 

"Two!"

 

Seohyun just stayed still.  Why does seconds felt like hours? Get in slow motion.

 

"Thr--"

 

"Yes! Ok! It's a YES!" Seohyun shouted.

 

"Really? Really? It's a yes?" Seohyun just nodded.

 

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!  Seohyun is now my girlfriend! Yes! Yes!" Hoya cried out while doing a little victory dance.

 

Hoya hugged Seohyun tight and whispered to her ear, "Thank you very much, Seohyun-ah. Saranghae"

 

"Nado."

 

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

"HOBABEEEEEEEES!!!!"

"Ne, Seoangel?"

"Why don't you go out with your peers today? It's your birthday. Celebrate it with them." Seohyun suggested.

"My plan for today is to spend the whole day with you and it's already working." Hoya winked at her.

 

It's already 7pm and they are the only ones left at the playground. They spent the day at the amusement park. They are kimbap, ddukbokki, ice cream and had bubbletea afterwards, and of course, sweet potato, Seoangel's favorite.

 

Arguments are normal in a relationship but this couple doesn't take it too long. We can't say they're a perfect couple but they're simple in their own special way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N)

 

Sorry for the late update!  

We became busy these days. However, we're trying to update as much as we can.   

This is the part 2 of our Hoya's birthday celebration, well yeah it's kinda late! OTL

Enjoy!