Baekhyun's Story

Drunk Confessions at Flaxton St.

*Third Person POV*

 

*flashback*

 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

 

There will be one time of the day wherein Baekhyun will go to any nearest quiet place, lie there and relax himself. He calls it his “alone time”. But today his “alone time” was disrupted by a loud, girly voice that came from no-one-knows-where. Baekhyun opened his eyes only to find out that it was his bestfrienemy, Suzy.

 

“You’re so loud.” Baekhyun said as he got up but Suzy ignored it and shoved a piece of chocolate truffle inside his mouth.

“So, how was it? Is it delicious?” Suzy asked, hoping for a nice but sincere answer from him.

“Well, it’s ok. Not bad.” Baekhyun answered honestly. “But my mom’s still the best.”

“Yeah, whatever. Thanks though.” And Suzy left just like that. Baekhyun tried to call her attention but she didn’t look back. She’s sort of in a hurry and it made him curious about what’s going on.

And his curiosity lead him to the quadrangle of their school where he saw a shy Suzy giving a box, which he sensed contains chocolate truffles, to a confused Taemin in front of so many nosy students and jealous fan girls as well as fan boys.

“She’s confessing to Taemin. Great. Just great.” Baekhyun said to himself as he stand alone in a corner and watch how Taemin awkwardly accepted Suzy’s gift.

Baekhyun finds it so stupid that Suzy is the one who is confessing to Taemin. She’s a girl and she should accept or reject a guy rather than confessing to them. He can’t believe that Suzy swallowed her very huge pride and confess in front of so many people. Baekhyun knows how brat Suzy is, but he didn’t expect that she would go that far. For him, that one hell of confession is ridiculous, absurd and idiotic.

But honestly, it does more like pain to him. It’s like his heart was pierced with so many knives and shot by countless bullets. That confession is a big slap on his face that he doesn’t have any chance on Suzy. Yes, Baekhyun does love Suzy more anyone he could ever think of. He loves her secretly for so long that he could not even remember when he started feeling that way towards the brattiest girl in Flaxton Street. They argue a lot but actually that is Baekhyun’s way of expressing his feelings and affections. He has a lot of self confidence but not when it comes to Suzy. He is afraid that maybe someday someone will bravely ask her out or confess to her. Well, that day has already come but only a little bit different. Another thing is why it has to be Taemin. He is their friend and things might be so awkward around them. He knows that Taemin doesn’t have any feelings for Suzy and he suspects that Taemin likes someone else only he hasn’t confirmed it yet. Suzy will surely be so much hurt if he will reject her.

 

“Taemin, I really like you. I like you so much. No, I love you. Really, I do. Will you accept my heart?” Suzy asks with her shaking but hopeful voice.

“Suji-ah. You are my good friend. You don’t have to do this.” Taemin replied.

“So you are rejecting me?” Suzy asked disappointingly.

“N-no. Of course not!” Taemin said as he noticed that tears are starting to form in Suzy eyes.

Suzy’s face brightened and hugged Taemin tightly. “So it means we are official now Taemin. And I shall call you my jagiya. Saranghae, jagiya!”

“N-nado s-saranghae”

 

Game over, Baekhyun. And Baekhyun left, not wanting to see that hurtful scene anymore.

 

He wants to erase every single part of it in his heart. He is desperate for anything that could make him forget everything that happened today. His love for Suzy, he wants it to disappear along with the pain it caused him. Baekhyun came back to his alone place awhile ago. There, he screamed out all the pain and frustrations that he had.

Love will make you stupid. Yes, the feeling of being in love is great but in reality it could be the most painful thing there is. It’s nothing but delusion. Baekhyun kept that in his mind from that day on. He doesn’t want to be in love like he was with Suzy. He will never take love seriously again because he knows he will just get hurt again. That’s when he started being the playboy he is right now. He goes out with different girls and break up with them within a week or two. It became his past time to be able to forget his feelings for Suzy and to serve as a reminder that love when taken seriously, could be deadly.

It has been five months since Suzy and Taemin became officially a couple. Five months since Baekhyun’s heart was broken. Five months since he became a player but honestly nothing changed.

For five months, what Baekhyun ever did was to fool himself. He still loves Suzy, and no amount of time could ever change that.