Distance

Drunk Confessions at Flaxton St.

 “’I love you.’ Seriously, Minhyuk? What’s going on inside your mind?”

“But… I just can’t let the guys know yet. It’s too embarrassing.”

“That’s why you called me instead of her.”

Minhyuk nodded. Sulli sighed.

“Did you ever think what if she’ll know about this?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t want her to know about my feelings through a phone call especially that it’s just for a dare. What I want is that when I’m going to confess to her, it would be properly planned. I don’t want her to feel like I’m only joking around.”

The dare caught MInhyuk off guard. He’s thankful that he was able to think of something so that his band mates wouldn’t be able to know who the real person that owns his heart is. He wouldn’t just blow off the confession he has been planning for weeks just because of some stupid game.

“Just hope that you would be able to confess to her before she gets the wrong information that you are in love with me. Gosh, Minhyuk! It sends shiver down my spine in a not so positive way.”

Minhyuk frowned. “Do you think she’ll feel shivers down her spine in a not so positive way too when I get to tell her my feelings?”

“Yeah. It would send shivers down her spine but it would be in a very positive way.”

“How sure are you about that?”

“Trust me, Kang Minhyuk. Krystal too has just the same feelings towards you.” Then Sulli smiled which made Minhyuk smile as well.

 

***

“Krystal, are you sure you would be ok?” Hoya oppa asked me as we reached my house.

It was really embarrassing that Hoya oppa and Seohyun unnie saw me crying on the streets. It’s just that there was some information that I knew which really broke my heart.

 

*Flashback*

 

I’m in the supermarket, buying some supplies for myself. I’m choosing which fruits to buy when I accidentally heard a conversation of guys which is not so far away from me.

“Minhyuk is really daebak! I can’t believe that he would do the dare.”

“Yeah! If I would him, I really won’t do it.”

“But I really didn’t expect that it would be Jinri.“

She doesn’t know if the ‘Minhyuk’ and ‘Jinri’ that they are talking about are the same people that she knows so she just continued doing what she’s doing.

“I always see them together. Minhyuk is Sulli’s math tutor.”

“Oh, that’s why. Kang Minhyuk is in love with Sulli. Ah, daebak!”

 Did she really hear it right? She turned her head to see who are talking and it was Yonghwa, Jonghyun and Jungshin . They are Minhyuk’s band mates and from what she remembers, they had a practice earlier that day.

“Oh! Soojung-ah! Annyeong!” Jungshin oppa noticed me.

“Annyeong oppa! I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but did I really hear it right? Is Minhyuk in love with Sulli?”

The three looked at each other with a slightly remorseful expression. Then Yonghwa oppa spoke up. “No one’s really supposed to know about this but since you heard us, yes, Minhyuk is in love with Sulli.”

“We had a truth or dare game a while ago and we dared him to call and confess to the woman he’s in love with. He called Sulli and confessed to her.” Jonghyun oppa added.

She fell silent and she wasn’t able to respond immediately.

“Krystal, are you alright?”

“N-ne, Oppa. I was just… surprised. I should go now. I better ask Minhyukkie about that! Why didn’t he even give me a clue that he’s really falling for Sulli!? Hahaha!” Krystal forced a laugh. “Bye, everyone!”  She waved goodbye and went immediately to the counter area.

She can’t explain the hurt she’s feeling in her chest as of the moment. It feels like her heart is being squeezed hard and every breath she take hurts. Tears are starting to build up in her eyes. She can’t take it any longer that she just left the supermarket without the things that she’s supposed to pay.

 

*end of flashback*

 

“Soojung-ah, can’t you tell us what happened to you?” Seohyun unni tried to know what made me cry.

“It’s just nothing, unni. I just overreacted, I guess. I’ll be fine.” I tried to smile to assure them that I’ll be ok.

“Your eyes tell me otherwise, Krystal.” Hoya oppa said. “C’mon, maybe we can help you.”

“You have helped me, oppa. I’ll be ok tomorrow, for sure. You and unni should not worry about me.” I assured them though I know that they’ll still be worried about me.

 They bid goodbye and I entered our house as well. Good thing my parents are not yet around and no one would notice my eyes.

 I just can’t tell it to Hoya oppa especially to Seohyun unni. I don’t want Minhyuk to know the real reason of my tears. I don’t want him to feel burdened or responsible for it.

Right from the start, I already know that it’s not impossible for Minhyuk to fall in love with Sulli that I even tease the two of them. I really don’t know why I fell in love with Minhyuk like this and what’s worse is that I let myself feel this way towards him.

I don’t know what made me feel like this towards Minhyuk. I don’t mean to brag but I do have several suitors but I don’t know why I fell to Minhyuk who doesn’t even show romantic affections towards me. And now I’m hurt because he loves someone else. Stupid Soojung.

I should at least fall in love with the person who really does give me affections.

My phone rang and I checked first who is calling. It was Kim Myungsoo from Section 4-B. He is a really nice guy. He’s undeniably handsome and smart, especially in Math and he can play the guitar well. Like what they say, a complete package.

He has been trying to catch my attention since first year when we are still classmates. I noticed him, of course. Who wouldn’t? But I wasn’t just ready to go out on dates that time. Now that we are in our fourth year, he is still not giving up.

I decided to take his call.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hi Krystal! I’m really glad you took my call.”

“Really?” I chuckled a bit. “Why did you called?”

 “Umm… Well, our band is one of the bands that would perform for the foundation day and we really need a female vocalist.”

“And?”

“If you’re not doing anything for the foundation day, I’m wondering if you would like to be our female vocalist.”

I’m not naïve for me not to know that he just simply needs a female vocalist for their band. Of course, he sees this as an opportunity for us to be close.

“Sure. I would love to be part of your band.”

“Really!? Great! Then I’ll talk to you about the details tomorrow. Thank you very much, Krystal.”

“I’ll look forward to it. See you tomorrow then. Bye.”

“Good night. Annyeong!”

Myungsoo really did sound so happy which made me smile a bit.

I don’t know if my decision is right. All I know right now is that I don’t want to distance myself with Minhyuk a little bit until I’m fine enough to see him together with Sulli.


IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

And because of that, we'll be doing a double update :)

Enjoy!