Know-it-all

Drunk Confessions at Flaxton St.

*Sulli’s POV*

I don’t know what’s happening with my friends.

They all told me their problems over the weekend. I found it funny, really. All of their problems are concerning one another and all of them also pleaded to…

“Don’t tell it to anyone else. Please?”

*Flashback*

“Umm… Taemin, you should be with Suzy right now. Why are you here with me?” I was sort of surprised and confused as to why he’s with me right now. Its dismissal and he should be with Suzy instead of me. I plan to buy something on a beauty shop and Taemin just followed around.

“Don’t you want me to come with you?” Taemin answered me back with another question. This guy, really. I seriously think that he’s the only boyfriend that I know who doesn’t want to stick with his girlfriend every single minute.

“It’s not that. You should be going home with Suzy, you know. You’re her boyfriend and she’s your girlfriend. You should’ve at least asked her out on a date today. Its weekend and exams are over. You can already have quality time with each other.”

“That’s exactly my problem.” He replied with a down expression on his face.

“What do you mean?”

“Do you remember the time when I told you that I’m feeling jealous? You told me it was just normal, right? But I… ugh! I- I don’t know anymore!” It’s cute seeing Taemin being frustrated like this and everything but I know that he doesn’t exactly like what he’s feeling and thinking right now.

“It’s still Baekhyun, huh?”

“Do you see how close he is with Suzy? They practically do everything together.”

“You know what your problem is? You’re not expressive towards your feelings. I know that you’re really not an expressive guy but can’t you do it for Suzy?”

“I’m afraid I might be too expressive to the point that I’m already getting possessive towards her. I have a tendency to be like that on things I value the most. I don’t want to be like that over her because if I hold onto her too tight, she might want to leave. I don’t want her to leave me, Sulli. I don’t want to let her go.”

I was blown away by Taemin’s words. It’s the first time that he became this transparent about his feelings. I felt glad that someone like Taemin has such a great love for my friend.

“I’m happy that you love Suzy so much. And that amount of love should be expressed. Let it be felt by Suzy because she deserves it.”

Later that day, I offered to do the night shift at our family’s convenience store. It’s a family business and I try my best to help by doing sorts of things like working on night shifts.

It was already 9 pm when suddenly, Baekhyun entered the store. And the first thing that I noticed is the bruise on his face, close to his lips.

“Yah! Baekhyun, what happened?” I immediately walked to him and let him sit on one of the chairs. I asked my co-employee to bring me the first aid kit.

Baekhyun didn’t respond but he just let me treat his bruise. And I also just decided to save my questions until I finished treating him.

Good thing, there wasn’t much customer and I were able to talk to Baekhyun.

“How did you get that bruise, Baek?”

“Taemin and I fought.” He finally answered.

“What? Why?”

He remained silent for a moment and with a heavy sigh, he answered. “Because of Suzy.”

I kept silent and let him continue.

“Suzy was calling Taemin countless times but he isn’t answering any of them only to find out that you two were together.”

“Are you saying Suzy thought that were cheating on her?” I asked as I try to digest Baekhyun’s simple but meaningful words.

“Yes. But you weren’t, right?”

“Of course.” I want to tell him about the conversation between me and Taemin but I stopped myself from doing so.

“And also, Taemin thinks that I like Suzy.”

“Do you?” I asked him, looking straight to his eyes. He remained silent once more, but his eyes let me read the things that were screaming off his mind. And he sighed deeply once more.

From there, I could already tell what the answer is.

 

 

Saturday came. I received a message from Suzy, asking me if we could hang-out.

Of course my answer was yes.

But it became more of a serious heart-to-heart talk than a hang-out. We just talked at our favorite coffee shop. She cleared things out to me. She told me that she saw me and Taemin together. She admitted that she was jealous and she was sorry because she thinks that way towards me. I understand her. If I was in her position, I think I would feel the same way too.

We just let our time pass, talking about things. She actually told me about Baekhyun and Taeyeon unni. She also told me about Krystal’s question about how the feeling of being in love and about how she was feeling over the past few weeks.

“I have a feeling of doubt.” Suzy said in a voice that clearly tells that she doesn’t like what she feels.

“Doubt over what? Is it Taemin?”

“No. I doubt about myself…

 

… And my feelings for him.”