Am I in love?

Drunk Confessions at Flaxton St.

*Third Person POV*

 

“Seohyun, how did you know that you are already in love with Hoya?

MInhyuk and Seohyun are setting up the table for breakfast since it is a Saturday morning and there are no classes when Minhyuk suddenly asked his sibling out of the blue about love which bothers him a lot lately.

“And why am I supposed to answer your question?” Seohyun asked as she put the plates down and looked straight to his brother’s eyes.

“I’m just curious.”

Seohyun just shot him with a doubtful look.

“What?”

“Kang Minhyuk, are you in love?”

He shrugged his shoulders saying “I don’t know.”

“Actually, it’s really hard to be exact about it. Being sure about knowing if you are in love or not is as hard as defining it. Sometimes we tend to say we are in love but actually, we are just being fond of that certain person, maybe because he or she is kind and easy to be with. And once we say the magic words to that person, it’s hard to take it back. When I fell in love with Hoya, I really didn’t know I’m already in love. I mean, I keep on denying it to myself. But a moment will come that it will just hit you and that’s when you know that you are really in love. There’s no way to describe it, you will just be sure yourself. “

Minhyuk stayed silent, trying to process everything that his sister said and made unsure continuous nods.

“You’re an intelligent guy, Minhyuk. You are smart enough to figure things out. After all, love isn’t all about what the heart wants.” then the doorbell rang and a letter slipped from their door. She picked up the letter, it was for her.

She really hated how her life is depended on that letter and how it will change once she opens the envelope.

“What is that, Seohyun?” Minhyuk walked in the living room.

“It’s for me.”

“Oh, is it for the—“

Minhyuk was cut off by another doorbell. Seohyun opened it and was surprised that it was Hoya.

“What are you doing here?” Seohyun asked.

“To have breakfast, I guess. I actually don’t know. My feet brought me here, to you.” Hoya answered.

“Are you being cheesy or what?” Minhyuk appeared from behind. “That was seriously lame, you know.”

Seohyun just hit Minhyuk with his elbow and let Hoya come in.

”Where’s omonim and abeoji?” he asked as he observed that there are only two plates served on the dining table.

“They we’re away since yesterday. They celebrated their wedding anniversary at Jeju Island.” Minhyuk answered as he added another plate for Hoya.

“It’s so early in the morning, Hoya. Seriously, why are you here?” Seohyun asked again, not satisfied with Hoya’s answer earlier.

“I’m actually here to ask on you out on a date since its Saturday and we have finished our home works last night.” Hoya replied as he sat down and reached out for the pancakes. Seohyun, on the other hand is preparing hot chocolate for Hoya. Minhyuk is just watching them and smiled, amused by what he observed.

“But still, it’s so early in the morning.” Seohyun placed the cup of hot chocolate and sat on her seat. She gets the bottle of maple syrup and handed it to Hoya while Hoya placed two pancakes on Seohyun’s plate. Minhyuk smile became wider and he looks like an idiot already.

“What are you smiling at?” Seohyun asked, looking at Minhyuk.

“You guys are sweeter than umma and appa.” He let out a small chuckle. “You guys are sure practicing the married life. I’m envious.” Seohyun just glared at him while Hoya laughed.

“Nothing’s funny.” Seohyun shifted his glare to Hoya, which made his laughter stop.

“Why are you so serious today, huh?” Hoya asked but Seohyun just sighed and shook her head.

“Seohyun and her mood swings. Scary.” Minhyuk commented and Seohyun slapped him by his arm. He just let out an ‘ouch’ and started eating.

After breakfast, Seohyun dressed up and she left with Hoya. Minhyuk was left alone in the house along with house chores that Seohyun ordered. Seohyun is moody today so he will just follow her orders. There’s nothing left for him to do anyway.

Minhyuk finished all the house chores and ate lunch just in time. Afterwards, he sat down at the piano, practicing a song that he prepares for a very special day and a very special girl.

While practicing, all he has we’re thoughts of her. He became excited and nervous at the same time.

“You can do this, Kang Minhyuk.” he said to himself. “You can’t fail this time.”

***

“Krystal.”

She didn’t reply.

“Hey! Earth to Krystal!”

There’s still no reply.

“Yah! Krystal Jung! Are you even listening to me?!”

“W-what is it?” Krystal finally replied but obviously, she wasn’t even listening to everything that Suzy just said.

“So I’m really talking to no one the whole time.” Suzy disappointingly said.

“Sorry. I was spacing off.”

“Do you have any problem?” Suzy asked.

“I’m just confused.” Krystal answered.

“Confused on what?”

“How are you supposed to know if you are already in love with someone?”

“Why, do you think you’re in love at the moment?”

“I don’t really know that’s why I’m asking you.”Krystal said a-matter-of-factly.

“It’s hard to tell actually. There are different interpretations of being in love to different people. It’s hard to be really specific about it. It’s frustrating; not knowing if what you really feel is love. That feeling of having a fast heartbeat whenever he’s around. The butterflies in your stomach when he touches you. And even the sound of his voice makes your heart flutter. It feels so good but could also be worrisome because maybe he doesn’t feel the same towards you. But if you are really meant for each other, I think you will feel the same thing towards each other, at right place and time.” Suzy answered with a smile but Krystal could tell that there’s something that Suzy hides. But Krystal didn’t bother to ask what’s wrong because I know that Suzy invited her out because she wants to distract herself from something and asking about it won’t really be helpful.

As Krystal went home, she passed by Minhyuk’s house and she saw him by his bedroom window, reading something. And Suzy’s words earlier echoed inside her head.

”That feeling of having a fast heartbeat whenever he’s around. The butterflies in your stomach when he touches you. And even the sound of his voice makes your heart flutter. It feels so good but could also be worrisome because maybe he doesn’t feel the same towards you.”

“Am I in love with you, Minhyuk?” Krystal thought as she continued walking, losing her sight on him.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I know that its been such a long time since we updated this story and were deeply sorry and thankful because you guys still wait patiently for the next update. I decided to update since school's over and it's Hoya's birthday. I love you, my one and only Hoaegi! <3

Aside from that, let us congratulate iloveKkamjong14 because today is her graduation!!!~ *throws confetti*

Congratulations to you my beloved hoobae and dongsaeng! I'm so proud of you. Your high school days are over and you finished it with flying colors. Haha! Now, be prepared for the bittersweet life in college just like what I'm having right now! Goodluck hoobae! Sunbae is just here for you! :D

Thank you so much to our subbies! We love you guys! You and your comments are our inspiration. ^_~

Enjoy!

Lovelots!~

-matoki_angel