Act 11

You're Special To Me

Among those people there, Krsytal knows that look. She has seen it before when she was with him.

It was a look of, jealousy.

 

They decided to hang out at the carnival that opened not long ago. The four of them waited in line and managed to get the tickets. Being the oldest, Baekhyun paid for all of them even though Jongin declined the offer. They were bickering about it, Krystal just stood next to Jongin as she watched both of the male. Tao, was just being Tao. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and swiftly took the money out of Jongin's hand then handed it to the one at the stall. Four tickets please, was all he said.

Firstly, they got into the house of mirrors. All four of them, Tao walked in first, followed by Baekhyun, Jongin and Krystal. They were met with their own figures on the mirror, but of different sizes. There's fat, thin, wide, round, oval, anything! It made all of them burst out in laughter. It was as if they had went back to middle school again, when they exited the house, kids shot them weird looks. It was just a House full of Mirrors. Next, they decided to visit each stalls. Baekhyun and Tao being the one to lead as the smaller of the two was grinning widely, they head to the first stall, several fish tanks were lined up against each other. Baekhyun leant forward and yelped when he saw a small fish moved in the waters. Tao laughed and watched the stall owner explain the game. Jongin and Krystal just watched at the sidelines. He explained how they had to catch as much fishes as they could, more likely going against the stall owner. The one who catches the most wins. They had three trials, so Baekhyun did the first try.

He shorter male whined when he lost to the stall owner by thrice the number. Tao offered help and started the next round, he managed to close the gap between both of them but still failed when they announced the number of fishes caught. It was their last try and Baekhyun does not look like he wants to give up. Yet.

Jongin watched how Baekhyun scooped the small fishes, he also watched the cute pout that played on the shorter male's lips when several of the small fishes jumped back into the tank. Tao continued the second round and Jongin, also watched. The tanned male had kept his eyes locked on Baekhyun when he saw the panda dropping the fish then grabbing his arms out of reflex. He watched how Baekhyun got closer to Tao just by playing that game. He watched, watched, and just watched. He heard a sigh of relief from the stall owner when they finished counting the number of fishes. It was round three, and Jongin couldn't take it anymore. He took a step forward, mouth slowly opening to tell them that 'I'll give it a try' and show Baekhyun what I can do; but Baekhyun was faster and said, "I'll finish what I started." he had a determined look on his face this time.

He leaned closer to the tank and watched the fishes, like prey. His ears doing another job for him as he listened to someone, who shouted a 'Start!', signalling the last battle. The stall owner was sure he had this behind his back, he wasn't letting anyone win ever since the carnival started. Various teenagers had tried, even elderlies but the one whom got closet gave up on his fifth try. That young boy just gave up, he glanced at Baekhyun, watching his calm expressions, he himself was too distracted that he totally forgot about the time limit. He heard a shout and both of them stopped their actions.

"Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen! Baekhyun is the winner!" Tao cheered when he made the last count. Baekhyun grabbed onto his arm and started jumping in his spot, he laughed and smiled at the same time, making his cheeks rise and his eyes smiling into small crescents. Jongin watched the smaller male and he swore his heart skipped a beat. Krystal turned to Jongin and caught him staring at the male, she smirked to herself and gently pulled the tanned boy to congratulate them. The stall owner admitted defeat and handed them two free access coupons to any of the games remaining. Baekhyun thanked the owner and skipped to the next stall, with Tao following behind with Jongin and Krystal.

The second game, Tao ushered Jongin and Krystal to try. They just had to throw the baseballs and hit the nicely-arranged bottles in front of them. Jongin tossed the ball and played around with it before tossing it to his target. There were three bottles in total but he only managed to hit one. Krystal clapped beside him and cheered. Tao was trying to distract him while Baekhyun stood there, watching Jongin silently. The tanned male gulped and threw the ball without any force, hitting nothing at all, by far the worst throw he had, ever. Baekhyun pumps his fists up and cheered for Jongin, the latter smiled and nodded at the shorter male. He then aimed for a few seconds and had the ball throwing past at who knows how fast an hour (exaggerate much) before knocking both the bottles down. He screamed in joy and grinned widely, turning his head to Baekhyun who in turned flashed him a thumbs up. An old man tapped Jongin by his shoulders before handing him a stuffed bunny, Krystal squealed in delight and took the stuffed bunny from Jongin's hands before pecking his cheek. "Thank you, Kai!"

Jongin had to register what happened just a few seconds ago. What just.. The old man handed him a stuffed bunny – which was obviously the prize – but, last time he checked, he didn't, he repeat, didn't give it to Krystal. And wait, did he just pecked his cheek. Oh . His mind wandered off to Baekhyun and saw him happily chatting with Tao. He just hoped Baekhyun didn't see that. "Shall we head to the next stall?" Baekhyun asked. He chuckled and walked with Krystal, "Cute bunny."

"Thanks! Kai gave it to me!"

Jongin's eye twitched there, did he hear right? Or was his ears playing around with him? Damned ears of his. He must be tired or hungry again. Tao nudged him by his elbow and then trailed behind the two of them. Jongin turned to Baekhyun and saw him glancing at the stuffed bunny, once, twice. Baekhyun chuckled at the joke Krystal said and lowered his head, just to look at the cute stuffed toy.

They made it to the third game and Krystal decided it was her turn to shine. She told, more like made Tao hold her stuffed toy since he was nearest to her and made him not move an inch until she's done. Her task was to throw water balloons at the dry targets, the liquid that filled the balloon was stained with ink as to show it would be clearly visible for the target once it got hit. Although it's actually easy, Krystal was failing miserably. She whined and jumped in her position, tugging on Tao's arms until he got annoyed and just want to slap her on the face. Jongin and Baekhyun just stood nearby, laughing at them and at Krystal. The tanned male turned to Baekhyun and smiled, staring at him the longest time. Baekhyun flinched and slowly turned his head to the taller male, "Wh-what?" Without waiting for answers, Jongin grabbed Baekhyun by his wrist and led them past the pack of people.

Jongin brought Baekhyun back to the second stall earlier and turned to him. "What are we doing here again?" the shorter boy asked him. The latter just shrugged and approached the old man, handing him some cash before folding up his sleeves. Baekhyun blinked and stood by closely to the younger male, watching him. "You could've just said you wanted to play again." The male kept quiet and aimed at his target, he threw and threw and hit nothing. "You're bad." Baekhyun joked. The tanned male laughed and turned back to the target. He raised his arms, ready to throw when he heard an audible 'hwaiting' coming from the shorter male again. His lips curved into a smile as he threw his last ball to the target, hitting the center of the bottle making it tumble down.

Jongin laughed and grinned widely at his success. He felt a tap on his shoulder and a stuffed puppy was handed to him. He thanked the old man once again before turning to Baekhyun, one arm holding onto the stuffed puppy. The shorter laughed and clapped for Jongin. "You did it! I knew you would!" Jongin scoffed and the shorter male eyed him weirdly, "You told me I was bad." Baekhyun laughed and didn't answer him. He turned around and started walking back to where Tao and Krystal were, to only be stopped by Jongin who grabbed hold onto his wrist and spun him around. The shorter male fell into his arms and he could feel his ears burning up. The stuffed puppy was shoved into Baekhyun's arms before he could lift his head, he blinked, completely confused. "The puppy, reminds me of you. It's cute." Baekhyun blushed a deeper red and tried to hide his cheeks, he hugged the stuffed toy in his arms and smiled softly. "Thank you."

 

--------------------------

 

"Where did you guys gone off to!?"

"You have no idea what I've been through.."

Jongin watched both Tao and Krystal before shrugging his shoulders. "I got hungry so I got Baekhyun to tag along with me."

Baekhyun shuffled close to Jongin and stood by his side. He had his arms wrapped tightly onto the stuffed toy, his head slightly lowered. (He still hasn't recover from just now)

Tao pointed to the stuff toy Baekhyun was holding onto, "Hey Baek! Where'd you get that?" He raises his brow and turned to Jongin. Knowing it was probably the male who won it.

"I.. Uhh.." Baekhyun shifted his gaze to Jongin and gulped.

"A random guy walked up to Baekhyun, called him cute and gave him the stuffed toy." Jongin smoothly answered the panda.

Krystal pouted and took her stuffed bunny from Tao, "That's mine you know."

Tao rolled his eyes and then shook his head. "Let's just go grab something to eat."

Jongin and Baekhyun made eye contact. The taller male smiled at the shorter male then placed an arm around his shoulder, "Let's go." Baekhyun shyly nodded and walked with him.

 

A/N: Firstly, I wanted to write about Jongin & Krystal, but idk what happened and it ended with KaiBaek! hehehe

i'm satisfied after seeing their photos on tumblr. u _ u

a happy fan girl is a happy fan girl! <3

enjoy!