Act 9

You're Special To Me

"I'm sad.. No one wants to play with me."

"Ehh? Why not??" a black haired-boy ran up to the brunette.

"They say I look like a girl and no one wants to play with me anymore.." 

The boy shook his head and took the brunette's hand in his, "It's okay! I'll play with you!"

 

Baekhyun stirs awake, rubbing his eyes. He lets out a yawn and gets out of bed but was pulled back onto the bed by a force. His back hit against Jongin's chest and arms were wrapped around his waist tightly, the other male smiling contently at their intimate position. Baekhyun elbowed Jongin and successfully gets out of the bed then hurries to pack his schoolbag. He turned to Jongin who was lying lazily on the bed, he warned him "Get up from bed now or I'll kick you out," and the next second, you see Jongin standing up on his feet, his hair was in all directions. Baekhyun couldn't help but smile and helps him fix his hair but when he realized what he did, Jongin was grinning widely like an idiot.

Jongin yawned and entered the bathroom as he washes up while Baekhyun was packing his bag. He entered the bathroom a while later and accidentally saw Jongin bare chest, he lightly blushed and turned his head the other direction as he did not want to see any more skin but was faced to the mirror where he saw Jongin's back. He blushed a deeper red and bit his lower lip when he made his way towards the sink and starts brushing his teeth.

 

---------------

 

"Baekhyun!" Tao waved from afar and jogged up to the smaller and Jongin. He took the space between those two and slung an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, "Let's pair up for the upcoming assignment!" he beamed and pulled him away from Jongin. The dark haired boy just stared at Tao and followed closely behind them, watching every move the panda made. They entered the lecture theatre and Tao led the way to his usual seat, but Jongin grabbed Baekhyun's hand and sat him down on both their seats. Tao shot the male a glare when Baekhyun wasn't looking while Jongin stuck his tongue out. Jongin 2 - Tao 0. He grinned when their lecturer entered. Tao clenched his fist and watched both of them the whole period.

He doesn't like how Jongin would always whisper in Baekhyun's ears and Baekhyun would hide a small smile, and then their lecturer would catch him and ask him questions. Then Jongin would always be there to save him by whispering the answer soft enough for the brunette to hear. His eyes twitched when Jongin leaned in closer to him, from Tao's angle, it looks like they were kissing but of course not, Jongin was just whispering some cheesy quotes into Baekhyun's innocent ear again.

 

----------------

 

Baekhyun unlocked his locker and gasped, his reflexes made him shut the locker hard, and not to mention, loud; making Jongin turn to his direction. He mouthed a 'what's wrong' while Baekhyun just shrugged it off. The black haired male opened his locker and it was similar as the other day, but this time the inside was sprayed with graffiti. Jongin frowned and shut it close, he whipped his head to Baekhyun. "Who did this?" Baekhyun shut his mouth tight and didn't want to say anything, his eyes wandered around the hallway and landed on the girls. They were in a group, few of them had their arms folded, unsatisfied that Jongin was still hanging with Baekhyun after what they warned him about. Jongin noticed Baekhyun looking elsewhere and decided to turn his head, he stared at the girls. It's those girls again. He widened his eyes and turned back to Baekhyun, "They're the one aren't they?.. I'll.."

The brunetter grabbed onto Jongin's sleeve and pulled him to the opposite of the hallway, "Don't worry, they'll get sick of it and stop one day. I'm fine! Really." He smiled towards him, Jongin still doesn't trust what Baekhyun told him. He's not convinced, he doesn't trust his sayings and facial expressions can lie. The following days went on like this, Baekhyun would always try to hide his locker or prevent it from opening whenever Jongin was around him. Unfortunately, he didn't know Jongin was keeping extra attention to him and the group of girls he saw quite a number of time.

One day, Jongin got off early from his class and decided to hang around the end of the hallways, a perfect angle to see Baekhyun's locker. He waited and waited patiently, but nothing happened. A few students only walked past the lockers, not even sparing a glance as if they didn't care about anything. He felt like giving up since he stood at the same spot for almost half an hour. He sighed and wanted to retreat back but someone caught his attention.

From the corner of his eyes, he spotted the exact group of girls walking down the hallways. They stopped at a particular spot and turned to Baekhyun's locker. Jongin frowned but continued to watch. They unlocked the locker with a spare key and took out one of the books that was placed nicely. Just when they wanted to do something, Jongin marched up to them and grabbed one of the girl's wrist. His expression was fierce and strict, they girls almost couldn't recognize him. They mentally panicked and tried to run away. "Don't you dare run away." He warned them. His eyes landed on the book she was holding, he took it away from her and placed it back into the locker before shutting it nicely. Jongin could see that some of the girls were trembling in fear as they've never seen him like this before. "I'm sorry!" one of the girls apologized, mainly the weak girls who were afraid of punishments.

He let go of the girl and slammed his hand against the nearest locker. He was completely boiling with anger, how could these girls do this? And to think they were angels in the outside. But really, Jongin hated these kind of people. The bell rung and students exited their lecture theatre, some stopped by to watch in interest. Soon, a crowd was formed. The head of the group was worried and petrified, she didn't expect them to be found out. Not like this, where everyone is watching closely.

 

Baekhyun exited and was met with the crowd, he tiptoed and tried to see what was going on. A fight? He looked around and spotted Tao somewhere ahead of the crowd, say the first row. He managed to squeeze through with his tiny figure and stopped when he heard a familiar voice. "What was your intentions to all these?" Baekhyun turned to the directions and was shocked to see Jongin in front of his locker. Along with the group of girls. What's going on?

"Jongin?"

Jongin spotted the brunette and panda a few meters away from him. The girls did too, and they're not satisfied. "What are you doing?" The male frowned and pointed at the girls, "I saw them opening your locker. Probably wanting to vandalize it or rip your books or some sort."

"That's not true! We weren't doing such things!"

"Stop lying. Then why did you have the key to Barkhyun's locker then??" Jongin questioned them. The girls had their mouth shut. Crowd of students were whispering amongst each other. Baekhyun looked uneasy since he wasn't fond of the crowd and he didn't want this sort of thing to happen. For sure he was happy that the girls got caught. But not only the girls had a grudge on him, he felt that Jongin was also pulled into this mess.

"It's true. I saw them the other day." Baekhyun widened his eyes and turned to the tall male beside him. Tao smiled and patted the brunette's shoulder. Baekhyun looked up to see the girl's reaction, and it wasn't pretty.

"I saw them too. Those girls." Another voice spoke up.

"Yeah. Me too."

"Weren't they suspicious? Opening someone else's locker?"

Jongin hid a smirk behind all those comments. Baekhyun bit his lower lip and watched the girls stomping away, or running away from them. Whatever. He heard one of the girls say. The crowd clapped and cheered for Jongin, but the principal appeared at the wrong time and ordered everyone to disperse and resume their normal lectures. Jongin walked up to Baekhyun and ruffled his hair, "It's over now. You don't have to su-" Baekhyun cut the boy off and wrapped his arms around the other's neck, pulling him into a hug. He mumbled a soft 'thank you' before pulling away. The awkward panda just stood beside them. He rolled his eyes when both his and Jongin's eyes met.

In your face, panda.

Yeah, whatever Jongin.

"Okay. Sorry to break the atmosphere, but I'll be bringing Baekhyun to his next class now." Tao hooked his arm around the shoulders of the said boy and bid Jongin farewell. Jongin snorted and jogged up to them, "You're forgetting how I'm also in your class, panda." Tao mentally facepalmed while Baekhyun was chuckling softly.

Baekhyun smiled to himself and watched the two argue over who gets to sit beside him. He laughed harder when they entered the lecture theatre at the same time, both of them who almost got stuck at the entrance of the door.