Hot Chocolate at Coffee Shops

You're Taken?

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

CRASH

Silence.

Jongdae smirked, staring at the mess of batteries and plastic a few meters away from his bed.
He’d finally succeeded in breaking that stupid alarm clock. He swore the thing was made of some crazy unbreakable material, because that was at least the 30th time he’d hurled it at the wall.
Now it was gone.

His mind then began to ask him why he had been awakened at such an ungodly hour of 8:30AM on a Sunday morning. Finding no answer and rolling back onto his stomach, he closed his eyes and was close to returning to his wonderful dreamland, until he saw a face behind his eyes and shot up, finally realizing why he was even functioning at this time.

“Coffee. With. Minseok.” He forced out to no one but himself, before running into the bathroom to try and save up for lost time, which he estimated to be half an hour (he couldn’t be sure when he’d broken his clock) - as if running to the bathroom would help that.

Emerging from the bathroom ten minutes later he grabbed his phone and checked the time… Only to find out it was 8:45.
He’d only slept in for two minutes.
ing hell.

But hey, at least he could relax now, right? 

 

. . .

 

Minseok sifted through his wardrobe. He had to meet Jongdae at 10, and then go on a date with his girlfriend at 12. He doubted that he would be at a coffee shop for two hours, but where he was going to meet Mihyun was pretty nearby, so he figured he could just stay around the area. 

It’s not that Minseok was a bad boyfriend and wouldn’t pick his girlfriend up, it’s just she had commitments too. Honestly, Minseok was whipped. Never had he imagined that one of the prettiest, most popular, most intelligent girls he had ever met would ask him out after exams. During high school he had just been an average kid with over-expectant parents, so he never even bothered getting a significant other. In order for his parents to accept whatever career path he chose, he knew he had to do well in all of his classes. A partner was simply an option which could push him back (as he had found out earlier), but it didn’t mean he didn’t want one. Now he was newly graduated, had moved out of home, and had been accepted into Korea National University of Arts, where he could do exactly what he wanted. Life was pretty great.

Chucking on his black skinnies and a simple white shirt, with his blue and white varsity jacket to fight the rising cold, he checked the time and realised that he should probably head out soon. Grabbing his phone and his wallet whilst yelling out to Luhan that he was leaving, Minseok stepped out the door with a spring in his step, despite the weather that was a bit chillier than usual. 

 

. . .

 

Jongdae got to the coffee shop about 10 minutes before 10:00. In his defence, he should be there a bit earlier since it was his whole idea in the first place. He would admit it was odd and that people may have questioned the reason he'd asked a mere stranger out for coffee after only using his phone, but honestly he really wanted to thank him for letting him use his phone, and not because he was in any way cute. Okay, that was a lie. Jongdae thought he was really cute... Like really cute.
He was taken though, and as liberal as Jongdae was, he'd draw the line at stealing someone's boyfriend. 
There was something that really drew him to Minseok though, and he hoped that no matter what they could be friends.
He usually got over people quickly anyway.

Jongdae was lost in his pool of thoughts, somehow managing to get from the subject of Minseok and on to the subject of Tao and Kris’ life - or more so, his distaste of it. Seriously, they should really be more quiet when he is in the apartment, or at least when he has something on the next day. Tao was quite a vocalist and Kris was a lot louder than he appeared, not to mention they were both extremely fit. How many hours of sleep he had missed out on because of those two, he had definitely lost count. Taking his mind elsewhere, he pulled out of his phone and mindlessly scrolled through any social networking feed, until he was startled out of his reverie by a tap on his shoulder and the cutest giggle he'd ever heard.

"So you're bi, then? I thought you probably just liked ."

Jongdae looked at the source of the voice with a confused expression, before looking down at his phone and seeing that he had accidentally clicked on a picture of a group of girls in there bikinis when Minseok had startled him. He faked a hurt expression, "Ugh, I'm 100 percent straight, I have no idea what gave you a different impression."

Minseok laughed again, "Well, you were hitting on me two days ago, when did you change your mind?"

Jongdae smirked, "As soon as I saw your face again, what did I see in you?"

Minseok rolled his eyes, "You're the one that offered coffee, and I'm here now, so you better buy me coffee, or else I'll just go home."

Jongdae sighed, before cracking a smile, and gesturing before the door of the cafe, "Ugh, I guess so. Come on then, let’s get this over with."

 

. . .

 

This is no joke, Minseok thought as he stepped into the cafe. No wonder it was called Clockwork, there were actually clocks everywhere. Everywhere. In all different time zones. He just hoped that if people were looking at them to get to work on time, they looked at the same clock. They might come in late if they accidentally look at somewhere called Perth. Where the is Perth, anyway? Australia? What the is an Australia? Who even knows? Not Minseok.

"Where the is Perth...?" Minseok muttered, quiet enough for Jongdae to hear him and raise an eyebrow. Minseok just shook his head, and Jongdae asked him what he wanted to order.

“Uhh, I’ll have an Americano and a vanilla slice?”

“Alright, an Americano with a vanilla slice and a hot chocolate with a strawberry and cream muffin, thanks.” Jongdae said as he held out his card. Turning to Minseok, he was greeted with a raised eyebrow. “What? Hot chocolate is the .”

Minseok shrugged, he was right.

 

Jongdae payed and grabbed Minseok's wrist, before pulling him along to where the tables were. "So... Where'dya wanna sit?" he said with a childish grin, before turning to stare longingly at the two lounge chairs which were unusually free near the window. 

Minseok rolled his eyes, "Fine, we'll go over there." Secretly Minseok was pretty happy though - those chairs looked comfy.

Jongdae yet again grabbed Minseok's wrist and pulled him towards the chairs, before sitting down in one, and looking at Minseok expectantly. Minseok was surprised at how comfortable Jongdae seemed to make himself with him, and figured that any feelings that were there the other day must have been fleeting. Whenever Minseok had seen someone he liked, he couldn't even look at them without freaking out. Deciding it was easier to go along with it, Minseok decided to be comfortable with Jongdae too... More or less. Because when he sat down it was suddenly silent and he felt very awkward to say the least.

Either Jongdae was really good at detecting awkward, or was so stupid that he couldn't sense it in the first place, Jongdae smiled before speaking, "So, Minseok... Where were you going when I first me you on the train?"

"Well I was on my way to work, and yeah. Then you started being weird."

"I bet I made your day." Jongdae said, clicking his fingers, sass clear and evident in his undeniably melodic voice.

Minseok wondered for a moment if he could sing, before shrugging. Jongdae spoke the truth - that was honestly the most interesting thing that happened that day.

"I thought so," Jongdae grinned, "So what's your job?"

"I work in a video game store. It's pretty easy and there's decent pay, plus it's related to what I want to do so yeah."

Jongdae continued to smile, and Minseok seriously thought he could get used to that. Yes, Minseok was taken and thoroughly smitten, but no one could deny that Jongdae was attractive. He had a sharp jawline with a killer smile, and although he was on the shorter side it didn't matter when everything else about him was pretty good. 

"Video game store? That's cool. What do you want to do...? You haven't graduated yet, have you?"

Now it was Minseok's time to grin. "What are you on about? I know I look young, but I bet if anything you should be calling me hyung. I graduated last year."

Jongdae scoffed. "As if, when were you born?"

"March 26.”

Jongdae's eyes widened. "What? You’re kidding right? How can something as cute as you be my hyung?"

Minseok laughed, "When's yours?"

Jongdae frowned, "September 21st. I graduated last year too.”

“So, my junior,” Minseok started, and Jongdae rolled his eyes, “What do you do?”

Jongdae’s face lit up, “I work at a music store.”

Minseok muttered to himself, “That explains the band shirt then…”

“What did you say?”

“Oh, nothing.”

At this time, a girl arrived to serve them their order. She was clearly flirting with the both of them, making sure to lean over that little bit extra to give them a good show of her cleavage. Getting an idea, Jongdae winked to Minseok making sure that only he would see, before speaking up. “And so I was there, pounding into him,” he began, watching the waitress slightly stiffen from the corner of his eye. Minseok quickly caught on and begun to nod. “And trust me I had never heard someone scream that much before in my entire life, and I swear it must have felt like I was ripping him apart at first, because he was just so goddamn tight.”

The waitress was now turning her body to Minseok and Minseok only. She had the slightest look of distaste on her face, and was frowning due to the fact that one was openly talking about and how the other wasn’t ogling at her display yet. As she was putting out a plate, Minseok winked at Jongdae. “That’s hot,” he said, making sure to just moan the slightest at the bit.

The waitress stiffened completely, and began to straighten herself up. She still had more food to serve too. Unlucky.

“I know!” Jongdae moaned, “, best I’ve had in ages.”

“Ugh, I haven’t had a good in so long. It’s hard to find guys that like crossdressing and roleplay, I swear to God.”

The waitresses face completely distorted to a look of disgust, before loudly putting down the plate, forcing out an enjoy your food, and sulking off to the room out the back, probably to regain her pride. Jongdae and Minseok watched her intensely, before seeing her disappear and spontaneously bursting into fits of laughter. 

“Oh did you see her face?”

“Priceless. Absolutely priceless.”

“As soon as I started talking she turned to you? And then you followed along?”

After a good 5 minutes of endless laughter, and moments where they’d finally calm themselves down, look at each other and then resume laughing, they finally managed to shut up.

“Seriously though, what was she doing? Isn’t that against policy or something?.” Minseok said, still sort-of-but-not-really laughing.

“Obviously.” Jongdae said back, “But I am surprised with you, I wasn’t sure you’d have it in you.”

Minseok pouted, “What do you mean by that?”

“Well I didn’t know if you’d go with it. I mean, I don’t even know if you like guys.”

“I do like guys too. I’m bi. I’ve had boyfriends and girlfriends and liked it both times, so yeah. I knew what you were talking about,” Minseok said, wriggling his eyebrows at the end.

“Too much information.” 

“What, for your ?”

Jongdae blushed, and Minseok realized he had actually been correct. He instantly felt bad. Really bad.

“Hey, it’ll happen someday. You’re definitely not ugly, and you’re a nice guy, so yeah.”

Jongdae smiled sweetly, before turning it into a smirk, “Thanks, but I already knew that.”

The two Koreans found conversation easy after this, and two more rounds of hot chocolate later (Minseok giving in to Jongdae’s grin), Minseok looked up to a clock that said Korea, and noticed that it was 11:50. 

“.” He almost screamed, jumping out of his chair and scaring the life out of Jongdae. He only had 10 minutes until he was meant to meet his girlfriend, and it was at least a 20 minute walk. “, is that the time? Sorry Jongdae, I really have to go now. God I’m going to have to run to meet Mihyun on time. Sorry, I didn’t think we’d be here for this long.” Minseok said, rushing his words and grabbing his stuff in the process. 

Jongdae nodded in understanding. “That’s fine, Minseok-hyung. Go meet your girlfriend or mother or whoever that is.”

Minseok smiled, “Thanks, and it’s my girlfriend, not my mother. Ew. No.” Jongdae laughed again, and Minseok decided that he liked the sound after hearing it so much. “But I’m surprised, I didn't think we'd be here so long."

"Neither, actually. It was nice though. I'm guessing by the way you looked around before, you've never been here before..."

"Yeah, that's true. Anyway, I really have to go now," Minseok said, walking towards the door. 

"Yeah yeah yeah just get out."

Minseok reached the exit, but before stepping out the door, turned around to Jongdae. "We should do this again some other time!" he yelled, waving as he stepped out the door.

"You have my number!" Jongdae yelled back, smiling out the window to a Minseok who was sprinting past.

Yeah, Jongdae thought. They should definitely do that again.

 


 

. . . Authors Note . . .

Woo, chapter two is up! I hope you're enjoying the story so far c:

Everyone that subscribed, you're the best :) I didn't even think I'd get to 10, so I'm really thankful :3

And to people that commented, I'm glad you're liking it so far, and I hope I don't begin to disappoint you (if I do, just tell me and I'll shut up XD).
Your comments make me super happy, so don't stop :P

Feel free to contact me on my Tumblr too! We can chat and be friends ^0^