Meeting Luhan and Co.

You're Taken?

Over the next couple of weeks, Minseok found that Jongdae had become a constant part in his life, and Luhan would not stop his pestering about meeting him.  

“Luhan! We’ve only been friends for like, two weeks!”

“You met Sehun the day I became friends with him.”

“WE WENT TO THE SAME SCHOOL. IT WAS HIS FIRST DAY, YOU BROUGHT HIM TO OUR TABLE. What did you expect me to do, walk off?”

“Yeah, but you never stop talking to him, or about him.”

Minseok raised an eyebrow, Luhan glared. “You guys are going to scare him off, or make him make out with a vase or something.”

“Why would we do that?”

“Because you didn't make Jongin do that once?"

“He was . I was drunk. It was a bad combination and looking back it wasn't the best decision..”

Minseok raised an eyebrow. He knew Luhan had no regrets.

“Hey! At least it wasn’t you.”

“I would have called the cops.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Doubtful. Anyway, bring him along on Saturday, alright?” 

“What if I say no?”

“I’ll tell Mihyun how you two actually met.”

Minseok snorted, “You wouldn’t do that."  Luhan raised an eyebrow, “...Plus you’d never meet him if you do.”

Luhan frowned and looked up in thought, before he burst out in a grin. “I’ll invite Sehun over... And when I tell him to bring everything, you know he will bring everything.” he said smugly, winking.

Minseok cringed at the memory of him walking in the door after a difficult day at work, and seeing the two on the couch - Luhan with cat ears on and the two using a wide range of toys that he’d rather not remember.  He sighed in resignation, causing Luhan’s grin to turn into a genuine smile. “Fine, I’ll ask him- but there’s no guarantees he can come, okay?”

 

. . . . .

 

Much to Minseok’s dismay, Jongdae agreed, saying that he’d love to meet his friends. 

“Please, is there anywhere you can say you had to go instead?”

“Nope,” Jongdae laughed, “Should I bring Kris and Tao too?”

“Well," Minseok said thoughtfully, "The more people then the less chance of them acting slightly normal, but I guess you’ll have to get used to it anyway. And I haven’t met them either, so go ahead.”

"Your friends... Do you have any straight ones?"

"Not in our usual group. I don't know how, it just happened. A whole bunch of raging homos in the one group. I blame Luhan for roping 'em in."

Jongdae smiled, unsure of how to take it, "That's interesting... So Saturday yeah? At your house?”

“Sadly...” Minseok sighed, and Jongdae ruffled his hair. “Hey!”

 

. . . . .

 

“So Jongdae,” Luhan said with a mouth full of chips, making the one in question suppress a laugh, “Where do you work?”

“I work at a music store,” Jongdae said, eyes lighting up.

“Why?” 

Jongdae’s face went blank, “Uhh, because I like it?”

Luhan nodded, seemingly happy with the answer. “Fair enough... So how did you two meet again?”

Jongdae’s cheeks started to go light up, and Minseok sighed. “Luhan, stop with the questions. You already know this answer anyway.”

“I forgot!” Luhan said, an innocent sparkle in his eyes that Minseok had long learnt to dislike. 

Jongdae had started to say that it wasn’t all that much of an interesting story, and it was just on the train, when Tao suddenly spoke up. “Oh! You mean that guy that you shamelessly flirted with on the train and then borrowed their phone is actually Minseok?”

Jongdae clenched his jaw, “Well, you didn’t have to put it like that... But yes, and I did tell you that.”

Tao smiled evilly, “Well yeah, but I thought you would have scared him off. I didn’t think you seriously became friends.”

“Now now, Tao,” Kris said cooly, “Don’t be mean to Jongdae, he’s been single so long it’s doing funny things to his head.”

“I’ve been hearing you guys having rampant so long it’s been doing funny things to my head...” Jongdae muttered, just enough for the people next to him to hear, making Luhan and Minseok erupt into laughter.

“What did you say?”

“Oh, nothing, it was completely non-existent,"

"As non-existent as your life?"

"I shouldn't have brought you here. This was a mistake.”

“I think they’re funny...” Sehun said, and everyone else nodded In agreement, bar Jongdae, who was rapidly shaking his head. It couldn't be denyed that Tao and Kris, as well as Jongdae had found themselves very easily slotting in with Minseok’s group of friends, however.

“So guys...” Luhan suddenly Jongdae replied, looking at Kris and Tao,“I shouldn’t said, standing up, “... Who’s up for a round of karaoke?”

Jongin and Chanyeol whooped, fist-pumping. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both hid their faces in their hands at their boyfriend’s reactions, and Sehun just went along with Luhan. Jongdae smiled, and Tao and Kris stood there, not quite sure what to think. Fair enough, Minseok thought - but he also agreed. There was something really entertaining about pretending you can actually sing.

 

. . . . .

 

“Minseok, Jongdae, you two go!” Baekhyun yelled, gesturing towards the TV. Even though he knew that Minseok had a girlfriend, he was totally shipping these two, and would do anything to get Minseok away from that possessive and into the hands of his new friend.

Jongdae sprang up and grabbed Minseok’s arm before pulling him off the couch, not giving him a say in the matter. “What song?” he asked, scrolling through the options that were on the screen.

“Uhhm, I’m not sure, you choose?”

“If you say so...” Jongdae trailed off, before selecting Super Junior’s y, Free & Single, he looked at Minseok with a grin, “It describes me, doesn’t it?”

“Bar the y bit,” Kris called out, and Jongdae sent him a glare. Minseok just laughed and smiled, wondering what Jongdae would actually sound like when he started singing. And the sound made Minseok’s jaw drop when he heard it, also causing him to use a lot of self restraint. Which of course failed on him in the end, because Jongdae had never once mentioned that he could sing. 

“You never told me you could sing!” Minseok almost screamed, flabberghasted and completely disregarding the fact that the song was still playing. 

Jongdae laughed, “Well,  I do work at a music store.”

"Just because you work at a music store, it doesn't mean you can sing."

"But it usually implies you have some sort of interest?”

Minseok frowned, "I guess..."

Jongdae laughed, before Luhan snapped. “Hey guys, the song is still going, I still want to see Minseok embarrass himself, stop talking and get on with singing.”

Minseok grumbled, but turned back to the screen and got into his groove. And despite what Luhan said, he wasn’t all that much of a bad singer if Jongdae's smile had anything to say about it.

 

. . . . .

 

Minseok realized, once the whole karaoke thing was over, that there really wasn’t much that he actually knew about Jongdae. Obviously they knew a lot about each other, but the basics had eluded him. He didn’t even know his favourite colour.

“What are you thinking about?” Jongdae asked, comfortably curled up on the couch opposite Minseok. Everyone else had passed out, bar Tao and Kris who had taken their leave half an hour prior. Of course, not before exchanging numbers, and drawing on a dead-to-the-world Luhan’s face with the aid of Minseok and a permanent marker.

“Hmm?” Minseok said, not one hundred percent sure that Jongdae had spoken, since he’d been using his brain so much.

“I asked,” Jongdae said, “What you were thinking about? You look like you're somewhere else entirely.”

“Oh,” Minseok said, shifting slightly, suddenly conscious of how deep in thought he'd been. “I was just thinking, well I didn’t know you could sing, and I realized that there’s heaps of things, basic things, that I don’t even know about you, you know?”

Jongdae sat up straighter, “Well, I don’t just go around telling people that I sing, but I get what you mean.” he said, grinning.

“But seriously Jongdae, your voice is ing ic.”

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, “Are you hitting on me?”

“I have a girlfriend you hoe,” Minseok said, rolling his eyes. “But it’s crazy amazing, you could get rich off that .”

Jongdae laughed, and it now made sense why it was so melodic. “Oh, I don’t want to be famous.”

Minseok scoffed, “Why not?”

Jongdae answered immediately, like he’d been asked this question before, “Well, I guess the whole lifestyle doesn’t suit me, it seems too much to be followed around. I want to be able to have kids or whatever, and not have to worry about them being affected by like that. Plus, I like men, and a lot of people don’t agree with that preference.”

Minseok nodded, he knew that if Jongdae did become famous, he’d get a lot of for what he couldn’t change. “So, what are you going to do then?”

Jongdae’s face lit up at the thought, “Oh, I’m going to be a music teacher.”

Minseok’s eyes widened, but he guessed he shouldn’t have been surprised. Jongdae was funny and a bit liberal, but he gave off this vibe that made it easy to get along with him. He would make a good teacher, Minseok thought. “So you’re going to university then?”

Jongdae smiled even harder, “Yeah, Korea University of Arts.”

Minseok’s eyes bulged out of his pockets, “Seriously?” he said, “Me too!”

“Really?” Jongdae said, eyes fixed on Minseok’s face, as if he was trying to tell whether Minseok was joking or not. “What are you studying for there? I mean you can sing alright, but you told me that you working in a video game store was similar to what you were gonna do and yeah unless it’s video game music but yeah...”

Minseok was surprised that Jongdae still remembered such a thing, but brushed it off - Jongdae was surprising him a lot recently.  “Yeah, I’m serious. I want to design video games.”

Jongdae cut him off, “Woah! Serious? That’s crazy... Is anyone else going?”

“Well, Luhan is,” Minseok sighed, “But most of our friends are younger than us, so they haven’t graduated yet. Baekhyun is as well, but Chanyeol is going somewhere else because his parents are dead set on him becoming a doctor, and that’s not until next year. Jongin is trying to get there next year for dance, Yixing - oh he couldn’t come tonight, is going there for dance this year, Kyungsoo is going wherever Chanyeol is going to become an English teacher or something, and well I’m sure Sehun will find something to do so he can be with Luhan, but he still has time to figure that out because he’s in the same year as Jongin. I don't know where Joonmyun goes - you haven't met him either. He's somewhere doing something at the moment, he's really good friends with Luhan, more so than anyone else, but we're all familiar, he's really nice.”

Minseok looked to see that the look on Jongdae’s face was one of a nun that had been dropped off at a convention instead of a church (the confused one, not the horrified one). “So basically Luhan, Baekhyun and Yixing.” he clarified.

“Oh, okay then,” Jongdae said, a smile overtaking his previously confused-looking face.

“But what about Tao and Kris, where are they going?” Minseok asked.

“Oh, those two? Kris is older than Tao and I, so he studies something somewhere and Tao is going there to do something that I’m not too sure of next year.”

Now Minseok looked confused.

“So basically not the University of Arts.”

“Okay.” Minseok said smiling, getting the picture.

It was after a comfortable silence that Jongdae bit his lip and shifted slightly, “Why isn’t Mihyun here?” he asked nervously. Why he was nervous Minseok wasn't sure.

“Mihyun?” Minseok asked, brushing the question off.“Oh, she never comes to these sort of things...”

Jongdae looked at Minseok embarrassedly, “You  didn’t uh - tell her that I shamelessly flirted with you, did you?”

Minseok whooped with laughter, “You’re joking right? Of course I didn’t! She’d chop both our off.”

Jongdae sighed in relief, before checking his phone and noticing the time. “Ugh, I don't think I’ve given Tao and Kris enough time to get it on and pass out, but I should probably be going now.”

“Didn't you come with them?" the older asked, "How are you going to get home?”

Jongdae’s eyes widened, realization dawning.“, I’ll have to call a cab.”

Minseok shook his head, “No, just stay here and call them to get you later. It’s three in the morning, just say.”

“Are you sure?” Jongdae asked, unsure and slightly worried that Mihyun would walk in at any given time.

“Yes, Jongdae, it’s fine. I’m not going to drug you or anything.”

Jongdae chuckled, “Alright then,"he said, standing and stretching whilst unwittingly presenting a peal of milky smooth skin, "Is there a spare room or do I use the couch?”

Minseok shook his head again, trying to avoid glacing at Jongdae's hip where his shirt had not fallen back into place. “Nope, sorry. Jongin, Kyungsoo and Sehun are in Luhan’s, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol are in the spare one. And you probably can’t sleep on this because Luhan is passed out. Just sleep with me.” Jongdae’s eyes widened, and the two of them blushed realizing what he had said. “It’s a double bed, you dumb , you’re just going to sleep in it.”

“Are you sure?” Jongdae said, winking.

Minseok threw a pillow at his face, before standing up and walking to the direction of his room, with the other male trailing behind him. He sifted through his drawers to find something for Jongdae to wear to bed, before throwing it at him and telling him to get changed.

“Here!?” Jongdae exclaimed, slightly shocked.

“Uhh, yeah?” Minseok said, continuing to look for something for himself to wear, and Jongdae couldn’t help but check out the view that Minseok was giving him of his as he bent down to access the drawers - all Jongdae could think of was about how he’d like to access Minseok, but he knew that he was off limits. Snapping out of it before Minseok turned around, he quickly stripped himself of his clothes,and put on the ones that he'd been given, finding they were just a little bit big on account of himself being a twig. He smiled when he could smell Minseok, and walked over to the bed before he stared at Minseok, who was currently changing - but how the temptation was strong.

Minseok finished, and turned off the light before crawling into bed with the other. Both boys were facing the right, and Minseok could faintly feel Jongdae’s even breaths on his shoulder.

“Minseok?” Jongdae said quietly after a few minutes, scared that he would wake the other if he was asleep.

“Mhm?” Minseok mumbled sleepily, turning around to face Jongdae.

“What if Mihyun walks in and finds us like this?”

Minseok burst into laughter, which caused Jongdae to grin. “Well let’s hope she doesn’t, because she’s never met you and it might take some explaining.”

“Let’s hope not then.” Jongdae giggled, turning around to face the left. “Good night, hyung,” he said sleepily, hugging his stomach.

“Good night, Jongdae-ah,” Minseok replied, falling asleep somewhat instantly, unconsciously putting him arm around his friend in the process. Jongdae felt his cheeks reddening, before moving himself closer to Minseok and sighing happily. He found himself falling into one of the most comfortable sleeps he ever had, but couldn’t help the sinking feeling that he was currently pushing under. This was nothing special to Minseok... Friends did this, right?

 


 

. . . Authors Note . . .

I need to learn how to make a pretty one of these ;-;

Anyway, chapter 4 for you :)

I like the way you guys think, not liking Mihyun ;) 
I DON'T LIKE HER EITHER. 

But I really really love Luhan, writing him was a lot of fun. You guys like him, right?

Anyway, as usual, I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^0^ I finally divided them all up, and there'll be 15/16/17 depending on whether I write a bonus chapter and if I get someone to write a bonus chapter of .
Hopefully that doesn't put anyone off o.O 
If it's a bother, let me know and I'll try to figure out when I can post updates so you get them faster :)

Tell me what you guys think, and feel free to message me on my Tumblr ^-^ I'd love it if you talked to me!

 

IN OTHER NEWS today is my one year anniversary of being a SHINee fan, which is what got me really into kpop in the first place. 

Thank you, Kevin ;3

Anyway, it's been the best year ever, and so much has happened, and I've met so many lovely people, I am so thankful for everything :)

YOU kpop fans, are the best. 

I'll shut up now, you probably don't care about what goes on here anyway. 

Stay cool, guys ;)