He Didn't Expect That To Happen.

You're Taken?

“Luhan.”

“Yes?”

“I’m bored.”

Luhan sighed, how he was the younger of the two always surprised him. “Go fly a kite or something.”

Minseok fake laughed, before boring holes into Luhan’s face. “That’s ridiculous; there’s too many power lines around here and I don’t have a kite.”

He has a point, Luhan thought, “Well I don’t know, go do something productive.”

“You’re telling me to be productive?” Minseok feigned shock, “On a Saturday night?”

“Well I don’t know , this is your issue. I’m going to Sehun’s soon. I expected you would have done something.”

“Well I didn’t,” Minseok grumbled, “I messaged Jongdae before but he hasn’t answered.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, yet kept his mouth shut. He knew for certain that Jongdae was not free, and if he was lucky enough tonight he was going to get laid. He was certainly not going to tell Minseok that he was out with Suho- he couldn’t be bothered dealing with the ing. “Jongdae has a life too, you know.”

Minseok huffed.

“I thought your girlfriend didn’t like him anyway? Didn’t she want you to distance yourself from him?”

“He’s my friend, plus she’s been acting weird lately - maybe she’s sick or something.”

Luhan hummed in agreement. In all honesty he knew that even though there relationship seemed fine, something was happening on the sidelines. Minseok was worried when the whole incident at the train station had been over, because the next day when he phoned her she apologized straight away, but she was busy so she couldn’t talk for long. Every other time he tried to contact her, this continued, and they were always really short conversations where she said she was busy and had to leave. He couldn’t remember the last time they spoke for over a minute, and he hoped that she was okay. Luhan had his suspicions, but he knew this was something Minseok had to sort out himself.

“Then go see her?” Luhan suggested.

He’d tried to see her twice since the incident, but failed both times – her not being at home.

“I guess you’re right,” he said, sighing, going to grab his keys and phone. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Later, Minnie,” Luhan sang, glad that Minseok was finally out of his ear. Now he just hoped his suspicions would turn out true or that at the least there would be a breakup. It’d kill Minseok, but he was worth more than her any day.

 

. . .

 

Minseok slowly made his way to the front gates of his girlfriend’s house. He’d found that her car was in the driveway, and knowing that Mihyun had a dislike of being on public transport by herself, he thought she would probably be at home. He could hear faint noises coming from the inside, and pulled his hand out of his pocket, raising it against the door, and knocking three times. He waited 30 seconds, and knowing well that it didn’t take that long to get from her room to the front door, he tried again.

“Mihyun!” he shouted, knocking on the door one last time, “It’s me, open up!”

No answer. Had she not heard? How loud did she have the TV up? he thought; he could hear noises from outside. Deciding to see if the house was unlocked, he gripped the door handle and found the door open easily.

The first thing he was greeted by when he stepped in was a loud scream coming from the direction of her room. Breaking out in a sprint, he bolted to Mihyun’s room. Was she being murdered? Was there a bug? Minseok swore if it was a bug he’d never forgive her.

But he didn’t know if he could forgive her for what he did find, either.

His eyes widened when he pushed her door open, and he was faced with the sight of her her bed with a guy that certainly wasn’t himself.

Everything was suddenly making sense. The breathless and quick conversations, the constant replies of “I’m busy then, sorry,” and the sense that things were okay but they were definitely not okay.

The hours that he spent with her came down to this - how long had she and this guy been ing around?

There was only a certain amount of time he could be stuck in his thoughts when something like this was going on, especially when he locked eyes with Mihyun. Too caught up in his own world, the guy that was currently ramming into her didn’t notice anyone had come in. He did however, notice when his girlfriend froze, and turned around to see what the commotion was about.

Mihyun and Minseok continued to stare at each other. Minseok with eyes clouded with hurt, whilst Mihyun’s eyes were burning with a sort of anger. After what seemed like a lifetime to Minseok, but may have only been a few seconds, Mihyun and the man (who he had vaguely recognised as one of the jocks from back when he had been in high school) finally got the situation, her pushing him off whilst he quickly pulled out.

Mihyun had stood up, gripping the sheets to cover herself. Minseok usually would have laughed, as the doona had been long lost off the bed, and the guy she was in bed with was scrambling to grab it so he wasn’t just sitting there on display. 

“Wow,” he said shakily, struggling to make words, and willing himself not to cry. He couldn’t cry, not here. “I didn’t expect this from you,” the look on his face was a mixture of anger and sadness, but he wasn’t nearly as enraged as he thought he should be - he was more hurt than anything.

Mihyun’s face filled with fury, and Minseok was wondering why on earth, because he was the only one with the right to be mad. “I could say the same thing about you,” she gritted through her teeth, fists clenching the sheets she was currently holding against herself.

“What the is that meant to mean?” he nearly yelled.

“ you, Minseok. It’s not like you haven’t been ing around!” she shrieked, voice reverberating through the room.

“What the hell?” Minseok raised his voice. “ Why the hell would I do that? I have standards!”

“Don’t act so ing innocent!”

“How ing long has this been going on for?”

“Not as long as you and Jongdae!”

“You thought I was ing Jongdae?” Minseok wanted to laugh, “Are you insane?”

“Am I insane?” Mihyun was laughing. “I’ve seen you two. I’ve seen you cuddle. I’ve seen the ing looks he gives you and you tell me to not ing lie? You tell me not to lie when you won’t even put out for me?”

“So this is the issue? You think I’m ing Jongdae because I’m not ing you?”

“I have needs, Minseok. I sent you plenty of signs.”

In all truth, Minseok knew. But he didn’t want it unless he knew he felt strongly enough about her. Somehow, he wasn’t a teenage boy, he was just a romantic. If she wasn’t going to directly ask for it, he wouldn’t start it. It sounded selfish, but he thought it was less selfish than leading her on. Last time they had had he had said he loved her. He now knew that he didn’t love her, and couldn’t help but think he never had.

“I’m sorry I didn’t want it to be meaningless!”

“Oh but with your little boyfriend it isn’t meaningless?”

“For the last time I’m not ing Jongdae!” Minseok screamed.  “I’m done. I’m ing done with this. I’m done with us. I can’t do this anymore,” he sighed, forcing his voice down.

“Great,” Mihyun screamed, “Because I’m done too. There are guys lining up for this and you don’t even appreciate it. I’ve done more in this two weeks then I have since we’ve been dating. you.”

Minseok knew he had to get out - this had been going on for two weeks and he didn’t even know? He could feel tears welling up but there was no way in hell that he was going to cry in front of her or this guy. He couldn’t let her win like that. He turned and walked towards the door to leave, stepping out and hearing Mihyun’s continued yelling. “You missed out, Minseok!”

“Great!” he called out, leaving the confines of Mihyun’s house. He felt sick, angry, tired, and above everything, he felt hurt. Really ing hurt.

He stumbled to the park opposite Mihyun’s house, before collapsing on the ground. With watery eyes, he typed in a message and sent it to anyone that might listen. Shoving his phone back in his pocket and thinking back to what had just happened, he cracked.

It’d been a long time since he’d curled up and cried. 

 


 

. . . Authors Note . . .

AND THEY'VE BROKEN UP //cheers
But poor Minseokkie :'(

I hope you guys enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next update (tomorrow, woo!)
Only a few more chapters left!

OMFG EXO'S HAIR THOUGH. 
Baekhyun's is slowly making itself into my heart (I had an emotional breakdown the first photo I saw of it), same as Suho's.
But wow, still so attractive ;-;

Anyway, comments are always appreciated, and feel free to message me on my Tumblr ^-^

Thank you for all the comments saying how you love this fic and your opinions on it, they really make me happy and I feel like it's worthwhile posting this because of it :)

Stay cool, guys ;)

^^^Have some Creephyun ^0^