Karaoke is Helpful (In More Ways Than One)

You're Taken?

Joonmyun fidgeted as Jongdae scanned his body. “I don’t know what you’re worried about,” Jongdae looked him up and down. “You’re really hot.”

Joonmyun shyly smiled, rubbing the nape of his neck in a nervous habit. “Uhh, thanks?”

“You’re welcome. But seriously, I don’t see why I like Minseok when you exist.”

Joonmyun laughed, “Well, love does work in mysterious ways.” he joked, pinching Jongdae’s cheek and smiling.

“L-love?” Jongdae stuttered, face going red, “We should go, or else we’ll be late and Luhan’ll start crying or something.”

“Really?” Suho said, worry taking over his face, “You should have told me, and we could have left earlier. Let’s go, I hope he isn’t too mad at me-”

“Suho, babe, I was joking. Stop being so nice!”

Joonmyun playfully slapped Jongdae’s shoulder.

“Eh, that was weak. Not mean at all.”

Joonmyun playfully stormed out the door to his apartment, with Jongdae following suit.

“Joonmyun,”

“What?”

“You need to lock the door,”

“Oh.”

 

. . .

 

Twenty minutes and one locked door later, they were at Luhan and Minseok’s apartment. Joonmyun’s stomach was doing flips at the thought of meeting this guy that Jongdae had said - to quote; a bunch of y and adorable rolled into a human form, and Jongdae’s was doing the same as it always did when he saw Minseok. He’d long ago learnt how to deal with it.

They knocked on the door, and almost instantly a very excited looking Luhan opened up, instantly grabbing Suho and pulling him into an extremely uncomfortable-looking hug. Suho probably couldn’t breathe.

Luhan made some noise that wasn’t human. “Joonmyun I missed you so much! It’s been so long!”

Joonmyun laughed, “It’s only been three weeks, Lu,”

“Three weeks too long! Come in come in,” he said, gesturing for them to follow him as he walked them to the lounge-room.

Suho looked around the room and noticed that they must have been the last to arrive. He saw a few new faces, but his eyes settled on a certain male with chestnut-brown hair and one of the nicest smiles he’d ever seen.

“Wow, don’t be caught staring,” Jongdae said, nudging his side. “His girlfriend will hurt you,”

Suho’s eyes widened in shock, “It’s not him? He fits your description though…”

“I’m kidding,” Jongdae smirked, “That’s him, and you two would totally make a great couple, hey? I’m a perfect matchmaker.” Suho smiled goofily, and Jongdae wondered if this was what love at first sight looked like. “Come with, I’ll take you over to meet them.” Jongdae said, pulling him along.

Joonmyun froze on the spot, grabbing Jongdae’s arm. He felt like he was in kindergarten again. “No, he’s totally out of my league!”

“Stop it. He’s totally your league, you two are going to be the best,” Jongdae grinned.

Suho tried to resist, but Jongdae turned out to be a lot stronger than he looked when he was determined.

“Look who decided to turn up? I’m Kris,” said man said to Joonmyun, Tao hitting him in response.

“You must be Joonmyun, right? It’s nice to finally meet you, I’m Tao,” Tao said, waving and bowing his head.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Joonmyun greeted them, flashing his angel smile. He was also trying not to look at the man who was currently sitting opposite Kris and Tao, scared that he would start staring and that’d just be awkward for everyone, considering they knew nothing of Jongdae’s plan.

But of course, Suho had been taught manners as he was growing, so he knew he couldn't avoid possibly embarrassing himself by getting drowned in his brown eyes.

"I'm Yixing," the man said with a smile, and Joonmyun felt like his heart flutter a little because his Korean was accented in the most adorable way possible and Jongdae had never warned him about the fact that he had dimples and if there was anything Joonmyun was weak to, it was dimples. "It's nice to meet you,"

Suho's cheeks began to grow red, "You too," he said, looking down in an attempt to hide his flushed face. This was embarrassing.

Jongdae smirked at Joonmyun, glad to see that he was clearly captivated. 
And if the frantic look Yixing sent him was anything to go by, he was to.

"Uh, Jongdae, can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Fire away,”

"Um, alone," Yixing said, not waiting for a response as he pulled Jongdae into the next room. Jongdae smirked, Yixing's face looked worried and it was cute. "You two aren't dating, right?" he asked, face unsure.

“Yeah, we are,” Jongdae deadpanned. Yixing’s face dropped and Jongdae laughed. It was just the question and reaction he wanted. "I was joking,” he shook his hands, “You’re in the clear, Xing Xing,”

Yixing exhaled, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding, before sending out a blinding smile. "Good, because I want him,"

"Aww,” Jongdae raised his eyebrows. “What happened to cute Yixing?"

Yixing smirked, "Cute shy Yixing finally found someone hot,"

"And what if he's not gay?"

Yixing laughed, "Your face gives it away, ."

Jongdae pouted, but his eyes were still smiling. "Foiled my plan."

"So, should I just be forward, or cute?"

Jongdae thought for a moment, "A combination of both. I think he has a thing for dimples, so smile a lot."

"Got it, I'll be adorably forward then," Yixing shrugged, before practically skipping along with Jongdae back into the room where Joonmyun, Tao and Kris were sitting.

Tao was bombarding Suho with questions as he sat in Kris's lap, but Suho couldn’t stop his eyes from automatically locking on to Yixing when he pulled Jongdae in the room, before letting go and adding a slight sway to his hips as he went and sat down next to Joonmyun. Jongdae sent him a wink, before walking off to leave a very flustered looking Suho with a very flirty Yixing. 
He had a feeling that they would be together by the end of the night.

Now, to find the object of his own affections.

 

. . .

 

Minseok was very nervous. Very, very nervous. More nervous than he’d been in a long time.

He knew better than to not believe Luhan, and the fact of the matter was he still didn't know what he was going to do. It was becoming clearer to him that he liked Jongdae, but there was that anxiety that if he acted on it, he might find out he doesn't, and there could be nothing he wanted less than to hurt Jongdae even more. 
 

The anxiety wavered when he saw Jongdae standing at his room door.

"Seokkie-oppa,"

Minseok jokingly threw a pillow at him. Even though it was something Mihyun had said and usually people would be touchy about these sorts of things after a break up, it was a joke Jongdae couldn't resist, nor could Minseok bring himself to care about. " you."

"I love you too,”

If only you knew maybe that was true.

Minseok frowned, and Jongdae poked his cheek. "So, why are you in here?"

"I walked out and saw Sehun and Luhan making out in the kitchen. I had to wash out my eyes but the other bathroom was being used so I had to use mine,” Minseok was lying. He was worried about seeing Jongdae. “I'm still scared of what they're doing,"

Jongdae laughed, grabbing Minseok's hand and pulling him out of the room, "Calm down baby, I think they've stopped now,"

 

. . .

 

“Hey guys! Who’s up for a round of karaoke?”

“Really, Luhan? It’s 12, there are neighbours,”

“It’s never too late for karaoke!”

“Fine.”

 

 

It must have been an interesting sight, watching Joonmyun and Jongdae sing, or more so; watching Yixing and Minseok watch Joonmyun and Jongdae sing. Both were staring with wide, starry eyes, and Luhan is pretty sure he saw a tear run down Yixing’s cheek, before he quickly rubbed it off, not once taking his eyes off Suho.

Ahh, young love.

It was easy to see that Yixing was absolutely enraptured with Joonmyun, and Jongdae gave himself full kudos for bringing such a promising couple together.

If only he could see how enraptured Minseok was with him.

 

After an hour, everyone was spent and laying on the couches.

“Why is singing so hard?” Sehun whined.

“You don’t even sing!”

Sehun shushed Baekhyun.

“Well,” Luhan said, “Does anyone else want to go?”

Yixing jumped at the opportunity, because there was one song he had been wishing to sing with one certain person and he would not let this final opportunity pass. He was going to go full out, never had he ever felt so attracted to someone in his life in such a short amount of time, and he always liked to make things a little bit showy.

“Move, ladies,” he said, standing up. “Joonmyun hyung, you too,” he sang, using his finger and gesturing for him to stand up and join him.

Over the past few hours, Suho and Yixing had become very close. Suho had found that Yixing was a bit touchy-feely, and he didn’t mind it one bit. He had never fallen this hard this fast, and he certainly wasn’t regretting it.

“So, what song?”

Yixing held a hand up. “I got this,”

Joonmyun wondered what sort of song he’d pick. A very large portion of him wanted it to be a sappy love song, but he doubted that their relationship would move that fast. Much to his chagrin (or perhaps not), it was not a silly love song, but instead it was Hyuna’s Ice Cream.  He laughed, and Yixing sent him a challenging smirk. Joonmyun smirked back, but it soon faded when the song started.

It turns out Yixing knew how to dance it, and Joonmyun wasn’t going to deny that it was really hot - his shameless staring and tightening pants proving that to anyone. It definitely didn’t help that Yixing was dancing very close to him, so every now and then some part of their body would brush and Joonmyun would find his throat constrict and it would suddenly be very hard to sing.

The best bit, however, was when the song ended, and before he knew it Yixing had smashed his lips onto his and the sound of the room cheering could be heard from a very far distance.

“Aww, how cute,” Luhan cooed, “’Xing ‘Xing finally grew up,”

The two unwillingly pulled apart, and Yixing reverted back to his shy, adorable self. His cheeks were red, and Joonmyun was smiling at him. Yixing melted into a pile of goo, and it didn’t help when Joonmyun leant in once more.

Minseok stared as Jongdae watched over the events with a smile gracing his face.

He’d made up his mind.

 


 

 

. . . Authors Note . . .

//cries
I just love the SuLay ship too much :-;
I hope I made everyone that was asking for SuLay happy :3
I WILL GO DOWN WITH THIS SHIP.

Everyone that has read The Benefits of Having a Dumb Best Friend (shameless self-promotion), it seems my love for making Yixing a Hyuna fanboy hasn't died down, has it?
i think it's cute okay 
//will never stop//

OH HEY AND WHAT WILL MINSEOK DO? You'll see... Next update ;)

//personal news time because it's just what happens now//
I GOT CNBLUE CONCERT TICKETS WOO!
I mean I got them last week but I was a bit worried because I hadn't payed for them until today.
But SHJSJKBJSBSJ I'm going to see CNBlue in June and I live in Australia GUYS IT'S A MIRACLE.
I have to travel interstate though, it really living in the non-kpop side of Australia.
Any Boice here? :)

As usual, I really hope you enjoyed ^-^
The next chapter is actually techniqually the last one *cries*, but I am writing a bonus after that, but as I've said before it's going to be silly :P

I really love it when you guys leave comments, so do it if you want ;) feedback is seriously always appreciated :D
Please feel free to message me on my Tumblr or add me as a friend here, too c:

Stay cool, guys ;)