five

Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder

Chapter 5

 

Niel and C.A.P’s date started beautifully. Instead of getting lunch first, the pair went and got waffles at a food stand and went to an arcade where they played games together. There they stayed playing around until the effects of the waffles wore off and they just absolutely had to get something in their stomach or else they’d pass out.

 

They decided on McDonald’s and after getting their orders settled into to a booth upstairs. C.A.P sat across from Niel and stole one of his chicken nuggets.

 

“Hey! Get your own!” Niel protested.

 

“What’s your is mine,” chuckled C.A.P, popping the nugget into his mouth.

 

He then looked down at his tray and noticed something off. He stared at it a bit confused going over the items: burger, fries and drink before suddenly realizing what it was.

 

“The lady forgot to give us a straw,” C.A.P said.

 

“And ketchup. Can you get some for me?” Niel asked, already eating on his French fries.

 

“Fine,” C.A.P said.

 

C.A.P got up to go back downstairs to get the items and Niel began to eat his nuggets when suddenly C.A.P’s phone began to buzz on the table. Niel hesitated before picking it up and seeing it was a Kakao message. He rolled his eyes upon seeing it was Electoboyz member Chakun.

 

“Ayo what’s going on? You still on for tonight?”

 

Another message popped up.

 

“This party is gonna be off the hook. Randy said his boy got the hook up wit some good .”

 

Niel frowned at the message and then at the corner of his eye he saw C.A.P coming back so he quickly placed the phone back down.

 

“Your phone buzzed. I think someone was messaging you,” Niel said when C.A.P returned and handed him some ketchup.

 

“It probably wasn’t anything important,” C.A.P shrugged, sitting down and opening his straw.

 

The phone buzzed again and C.A.P picked it up and looked. As C.A.P read his new message Niel watched while sipping on his straw. C.A.P’s eyes seemingly lit up as he read and a slight chuckle issued from his lips.

 

“Who was it?” Niel asked when his boyfriend pocketed his phone.

 

“No one,” C.A.P replied opening the wrapper of his burger.

 

“Well, no one must be funny what with the way you laughed.”

 

“I’m not allowed to laugh?” C.A.P asked.

 

Niel didn’t answer and instead looked down at his fries as he stuffed quite a few into his house in quick succession.

 

C.A.P sighed, “You mad?”

 

“I’m not mad,” Niel said.

 

He stuffed more fries into his mouth.

 

“Heh, you’re mad,” C.A.P leaned back in his chair, observing Niel with a smirk. “You’re mad because I won’t tell you who I’m messaging? Daniel stop being a little .”

 

Niel threw the fries he was about to stuff in his mouth across the table and it hit C.A.P in the face.

 

“Bite me,” he spat.

 

Niel saw the way C.A.P’s jaw tensed up but he didn’t back down meeting his eyes.

 

“Are you trying to show off since we're in public?” C.A.P asked, jaw still tense.

 

“I’m not trying to do anything,” Niel shot. “Whatever have fun with your Electroboyz. I don’t ing care.”

 

“Hah! You’re jealous. Cute. Also, nice guess. It was Chakun hyung. If I didn’t know better I’d think you were looking through my phone,” C.A.P said.

 

There was a hint of a threat in the tone of his voice but Niel ignored it.

 

“Well good thing you know better than to think I was,” the younger replied.

----

 

“We’re home!!!” Ricky announced as he flung open the dorm door only to see L.Joe sitting in the same exact spot they left him earlier that morning dressed in his pajama pants and a tshirt. An empty bowl of cereal was at his side and his tablet was resting on his knees as he played a game.

 

L.Joe looked up slowly from the tablet screen, “Hey.”

 

“Have you just been sitting here all day like this?” Changjo asked.

 

“No. I got up a few times,” L.Joe said.

 

He then noticed the bag the two maknae were carrying and hopped up setting his tablet aside.

 

“Hey you got ice cream!”

 

“Yeah!” Ricky beamed. “We bought it for everyone. Where are they?”

 

“I’m the only one home. Daniel and Minsoo went on a date and I haven’t seen Chanhee since lunch,” L.Joe said.

 

“More for us then!” Ricky beamed.

 

“What they won’t know won’t kill them!” L.Joe agreed.

 

The three went into the kitchen and grabbed spoons and then opened the tub of ice cream.

 

“We should just eat it straight out! Forget bowls!” announced Ricky.

 

“True. Less dishes,” agreed Changjo.

 

L.Joe laughed and passed out the spoons and they started eating.

 

“So good,” Ricky said, stuffing a huge bit in his mouth.

 

“This is the second time we got ice cream today,” Changjo told L.Joe.

 

“Changjo your chubby cheeks are going to come back!” L.Joe teased.

 

Changjo groaned, “No hyung don’t say that!”

 

L.Joe chuckled and ate some ice cream.

 

“So what did you two get up to today?” he asked.

 

Ricky and Changjo went on to tell him all about their day: starting from skateboarding in the park up until getting ice cream for everyone at the grocery.

 

“You ate meat too!?” L.Joe said, voice laced with a bit of regret. “Why didn’t you invite me?”

 

“Sorry hyung. Next time, then. But normally you hang around with Minsoo or Chanhee,” Ricky said.

 

Changjo nodded, “Yeah but you should have come. Especially since Niel wasn’t there the trio dynamic was off.”

 

“Awww Changjo and Ricky have a little date, huh?” teased L.Joe.

 

“Ew hyung no!” Ricky protested. “Never!”

 

“Hey! You don’t have to be so strong about it! I’m not that bad,” Changjo pouted and Rickly laughed and hugged Changjo on the waist.

 

“You know I like you but…” Ricky looked at L.Joe and stuck his tongue out. “It wasn’t a date!”

 

L.Joe just chuckled.

 

“By the way, Hyung,” Changjo said. “Changhyun’s got it in his head that you and Chanhee hyung are worried about Daniel.”

 

L.Joe froze midway to putting ice cream in his mouth.

 

“”What?” L.Joe asked.

 

“It’s not that I think you are worried about Daniel. Jonghyun is misconstruing my words!” Ricky said, letting go of Changjo.

 

“Then what do you mean?”

 

“I’m just saying—“

 

Suddenly the front door slammed open loudly and Ricky jumped, dropping his spoon startled. The noise was followed by Niel’s scream. L.Joe, Changjo and Ricky went out the kitchen in time to see C.A.P kicking the door shut with his foot while holding Niel by the waist.

 

“Let me go!” Niel yelled. “You bastard!”

 

“Hey what’s going on here?” L.Joe asked, putting on a commandeering voice and starling the pair.

 

C.A.P let go of Niel and the vocalist fell to the ground at his feet. He looked over at L.Joe and the others, startled to see them there.

 

“Ah, Byunghun it’s—“

 

“Yeah why don’t you tell them, Minsoo,” Niel growled, getting up from the floor. “Tell them how you keep ing playing around! Who are you going to see tonight, huh Minsoo?”

 

“Daniel just stop,” C.A.P warned.

 

“Or what, huh?”

 

“You little ,” C.A.P growled. He then turned to L.Joe. “Make sure he stays out of my way. I’m out of here.”

 

C.A.P walked away and went to his room and Niel went to follow but Changjo grabbed his arm.

 

“You should let him cool down,” Changjo warned.

 

But Niel just pulled away and disappeared into C.A.P’s room anyway.

 

“You ing lied to me, hyung!” was the last thing they heard clearly before the door shut.

 

“Let the screaming begin,” Changjo sighed, going back to the kitchen and his ice cream.

 

Ricky looked at the door of C.A.P’s room with a worried expression and L.Joe was about to pull Ricky back into the kitchen but suddenly there was a cry of pain and a thud that made them both freeze for a second before L.Joe springs into action running to the door of C.A.P’s room.

 

Just like earlier that day, L.Joe barged into the room but this time it was definitely not the same loving atmosphere in the room.

 

Niel was sitting on the floor holding his mouth with C.A.P, kneeling in front of him, holding his wrist.

 

“Let go of him,” L.Joe commanded, walking over and pulling Niel away.

 

“Ah, Hyung wait,” Niel protested, getting pulled up off the floor and revealing something that made Ricky gasp by the door in shock.

 

In just the brief time since the pair entered the dorm Niel was bleeding with a split lip.

 

-To be continued-

 

AN: let's see how N.A.P couple explain this ;D