CH 5: A Couple Seconds

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

Nini thought Monday would come a lot faster than it did. Did it bother her that he didn’t contact her all weekend? After he took her home and danced with her that night, nursed her when she drank too much? Was she nothing still. The way he had looked at her when she left, was she imagining it. She groaned ruffling her hair in frustration. Oh what you do Mr. Cho.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder she headed out the door. Today she had to see him, he told her Monday. Besides he was teaching. She snickered walking down the street.

 

“Changmin!!!!ANIIIII! ANI ANI!” Kyuhyun shoved his friend hand away from him, flailing in bed.

“Kyuhyunnie you got to take the medicine or you aren’t going to be moving for awhile” Changmin mocked a motherly voice finally holding Kyuhyun still enough to shove the spoon of antibiotics down his throat.

“Why couldn’t they just give me pills” Kyuhyun whined pouting.

“Cause you’re a big baby” Changmin sneered getting up and tossing the spoon in the sink. What the hell would Kyuhyun do without him? The guy seriously hasn’t fended for himself for a while.  It wasn’t that his friend wasn’t independent it’s just Kyuhyun craved companionship which normally meant someone’s poor soul being dragged into something they didn’t want to be in. Take for example the fact that he himself, Changmin, was stuck in Canada because Kyuhyun wanted to go on a teaching voyage. In all truthfulness Changmin could have denied Kyuhyun’s request but he was his friend, best friend that is and the thought of him in a foreign country alone was a little unsettling.

“I told Nini I would see her” Kyuhyun sighed, rolling over on his side. Changmin’s head tolted up looking at his friend creased forehead. Weird, he really meant his commitment to this girl. She was young, not ten years younger but a good several years under Kyuhyun. She was pretty, that was said without a doubt, but was she ready for him? Was Changmin jealous maybe Kyuhyun wanted someone else to tend to him? No. Was he worried that Nini could get hurt from Kyuhyun’s constant demands.Yes.

“Are you even ready to develop a relationship?” Changmin whispered in a rasping Korean.

“do you not think she is pretty?” Kyuhyun piped up.

“That wasn’t what I said, what I said is, are you ready to even explore the possibilities of a relationship?” Changmin challeneged, looking Kyuhyun right in the eyes.

“Sure I am, but what makes you think she even wants that?” Kyuhyun sat up straight in bed, fixing his chestnut locks.

“You can tell, besides I know” I know because Skye threatened me.

 

“Don’t you YAH me!!! Who do you think you are?” Skye growled, glaring at Changmin from across the kitchen counter.

“I said who do you think you are? How dare you say she is justa  nice piece of ? Did you not learn manners for speaking ine nglish or are you just that pig headed? Huh!?” Skye had now moved around the kitchen counter and was starting up at Changmin, jabbing her fingers into his chest.

“That’s not what I meant, I mean it” Changmin skidded backwards. His hand gripped the kitchen counter he was now pressed against.

“Then what did you mean huh?”

“I was just meaning to say, he could possibly whant to sleep with her because of how beautiful she is?”

“So she is only just some pretty girl? Is that how he thinks? Is that how you think?! I swear to god Shim Changmin if you let Kyuhyun hurt Nini I will make sure you are permentally reduced to my height!”Skye’s rampaged was cut off by him pressing his lips to hers, covering . This right here probably wasn’t his smartest idea. The small blonde shoved him away, breaking the lip lock.

“Sleep on the couch…pig” She wiped , snarling at him as she stalked off to her room. What a handful she was. At least it shut her up.

 

Changmin shivered at the recollection of that night after the club.

“Well if I want her to continue liking me I have to get to the college” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. Stop mentally begging me. Changmin rolled his eyes.

“Go get dressed, I’ll drive”

 

Nini looked at the clock. It was halfway through English and no sign of Mr.Cho…Kyuhyun. He promised though. She tapped her blue ink pen on her note book.

“Nini what was the answer for section II reading on Aphrodites?” Her homeroom teacher called upon her and her mind was blank. She forgot all about the assignment Kyuhyun…no Mr.Cho had assigned.

“I don’t have the answer, I left-“

“She left it at my house, sorry I forgot I had it in my bag” Skye interrupted her handing her a piece of paper. It was Skye’s homework but the probability of Skye getting called on was slim. Nini read off Skye;s answer and her teacher smiled at her approvingly. Nini shot Skye a glance of gratefulness.

“No problem, by the way where is Kyu- Mr. Cho?” Skye leaned over whispering.

“He said see you Monday, I didn’t hear from him all weekend… maybe he just forgot what day it was…”

“I don’t think he is that jet lagged still” Skye rolled her eyes letting out a huff and returning to her work diligently.

The period came and left without sight of Mr.Cho. Was he avoiding teaching because of her now? Nini dragged her feat around the building, heading to the café to get a tea before her next time slot.  She tossed her bags onto a table and fell into a seat, resting her chin in her palms. What is going on with me? She was normally a really bubbly happy girl, but ever since Kyuhyun she has been off. Maybe because of the lack of attention he gives her. Maybe it’s because she was falling for him and he was running away.

“Nini…” Nini’s heart stopped beating as a gentle palm grabbed onto her petite shoulder.

“Can I talk to you in my office?” She swallowed hard, getting up from her chair to look at him, but he turned away before they could make eye contact. She looked over him, her eyes travelling up and down his legs and torso. He was wearing the softest looking navy jacket and a white under shirt. His pants were sandy beige and the tapered at his waist line just so perfectly.  Do not stare at his . Her conscious slapped her as she continued trailing behind the bobbing chestnut hair of her teacher.

 

“Good afternoon” Skye jumped, her art portfolio falling off her shoulder, and landing on her foot.

“Good lo-“ She stopped her sentence when she stopped to take a glance at the person responsible for the scare.

“Changmin why I ought..” Changmin clasped her small wrist with her fist balled ready to punch him.

“now now, no assaulting me on school property, but you could at my place…”

“It’s like you have a death wish” Skye hissed pulling her hand free from the giant asian man.

“I brought Kyuhyun…he is sick but I kept my promise.”

“Not yet, it’s a lifetime promise you know” Skye snickered, slinging her portfolio over one shoulder and briskly walking in the opposite direction. Changmin chase after her. Why was she so persistent on not being in his presence?

“Do I smell bad or something? Not like my clothes??? Or do you really hate me so much you always walk away?” Changmin caught up to her, jerking her by her elbow.

“Not to say I hate watching you walk away from me…” Skye slapped his hand, in a firm line.

“I really hate you that much” She raised her eyebrow give a slight muffled sigh like she was so proud of herself. God she was cocky.

 

Kyuhyun closed the door behind her as she walked into his office. She looked cute. She always looked cute with the little white bow in her hair just in front of her ear and right behind her bangs.

“It’s Monday” Kyuhyun smiled, walking around his desk to sit down. Nini stayed standing, her arms crossed over her chest.

“You can sit” Kyuhyun smiled ervously, motioning to the chair.

“Is it really going to be this formal Mr.Cho? are you going to pretend like you didn’t drink with me and take me to your apartment??” Nini looked him dead in the eye and Kyuhyun could feel his smile drop. Oh god, this was what he was afraid of.

“Nini we have to pretend… I’ll get fired”

“Then why would you not contact me all weekend?” Nini huffed, her arms remaining crossed.

“I… I thgouth I would seem desperate”

“Desperate? You didn’t even come to English” Nini retorted. She was angry, Kyuhyun could see it on her face and hear it in her voice.

“Listen Nini, I’m really … I’m” Don’t choke Cho Kyuhyun, just say it. Kyuhyun looked at her face, waiting for the rest of his sentence.

“I…”

 

All you need is a couple seconds to make a life changing decision. Nini edged herself over the mahogany desk Kyuhyun was standing behind, letting her lips brush against his. How she had wondered how they would feel. It was only supposed to be a peck, but Kyuhyun listened to her and cupped the back of her head, keeping her lips on his longer.  Her eyelashes fluttered on his skin and his heart pounded against her palm that had travelled up to rest on his chest.

Neither of these two individuals knew that this kiss sealed their fates and would intertwine their lives together. Neither of them knew the rollercoaster ahead and what journeys they would travel, but those couple seconds of courage would change everything they had ever wanted, known, and loved.

“Damn it Mr.Cho” Nini leaned back smiling, his faced beamed, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

Damn it Mr.Cho.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SONG INSPIRATION: Peter Pan- EXO

AN:

I NEED to proof read this so sorry for any spelling or gramatical errors.

I really liked this chapter and things are going to start rolling from this point on. 

What do you guys think of Changmin and Skye???

How about Kyuhyun and Nini?

What are you guys expecting!?

Anyways enjoy the read and to all my susbscribers of this story THANK YOU!