CH 24: Miracles in December Pt.2

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

DYE CHAPTER!!

 

 

 

CH 24: Miracles in December Pt.2


Skye’s eyes traced the contour of Dongwoo’s bare shoulder where the sunlight rimmed the outline of his skin. She lifted her hand, running it down the exposed skin before rolling over to grab her phone.

11:30

.

15 unread messages.

Oh god.

“I’m sorry to call in sick but tell Dongwoo-ssi to wake up, it’s his last work day before vacation. Hurry up!!!”

“Skye I’m serious wake up!!”

“This isn’t a joke…”

“Why are you two kids so hard to deal with??”

“Do I need to babysit you!”

“WAKE THE HELL UP!!!”

“Skye… I’m very sick and you are hurting oppa’s feelings, please wake up.”

Did he just call himself Oppa?

“3 hours late...time is ticking.”

“AHHH MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO >.< can you not give me the gift of a response like, ahh Oppa sorry we slept in. No?”

Skye had to hold in her laughter at how ridiculous and dramatic Minseok’s texts were.

“Ahh sorry Oppa we slept in, I will wake Dongwoo up now and shove him off to work. Merry Christmas Minseokkie!!! Have fun with Jongdae ;)”

Skye sent a quick response back before poke at Dongwoo’s cheek.

“Dongwoo…”

“Dongwoo-yah”

“Jang Dongwoo.”

“JaNg DoNgWoOoOoOo”

Skye groaned, bracing herself against the bedframe before extending her legs and pushing on Dongwoo’s body, shifting his weight over the edge till gravity took over and pulled him to the floor in a tangled heap.

Skye leaned over the far edge of the bed looking at the sleeping man, curled happily like a child in a nest of blankets.

“I swear a bomb could go off and you wouldn’t wake up.” Skye rolled her eyes and resorted to extreme measures. Clambering out of bed she went into the kitchen pulling out the box of matches. With agile fingers she plucked a match and struck it, igniting the small toothpick sized piece of wood. Dreading what would happen next Skye lifted it towards the fire alarm and waited for the smoke to seep into the detector.

3

2

1

The bells rung and and Dongwoo rose to his feet, making a bustle of noise, and tripping over himself. Skye laughed and head back to the alarm with a tea towel to fan it off only to find herself faced with Dongwoo who stammered down to the end of the small hall and opened a compartment in the wall spinning on his heels and pulling on the lever, spraying white all over Skye.

A fire extinguisher.

“DONGWOO!!!!”

“Skye?!?”

“You...you…”

Dongwoo rubbed his eyes and looked at his girlfriend who was coated head to toe in the white foam, her arms hanging limp at her side and her face in utter dismay. He couldn't hold back and bursted into his contagious laughter than rung wildly in the suite.

Skye blinked dumbfounded by her laughing boyfriend, who was gripping his stomach.

“Dongwoo…”

Skye shouldn't have spoken because she didn’t air out the detector it set off the emergency sprinklers, flicking on and drenching them both.

Skye hustled towards the fire alarm and waved it off, pressing off the sprinklers manually as well, happy the control panel was located under the alarm.

Dongwoo looked at Skye and she looked at him. Her short blonde hair clinging to her face and his hair obstructing his view. Both of them started laughing hysterically.

“You really need to wake up easier.”

“What time is it??”

“11:45… you are 3 hours late.”

Dongwoo’s laughter ceased and his eyes widened as pure horror took over his body. He sprung into action sliding on the wet floor back into their bedroom and searching for clothes.

“Lift up your pants they will get wet!!”

“Yes.”

“Your tie!” Skye reminded him as she took out towels and began to dry the damp apartment.

“thank you!”

Dongwoo rushed out, his hair still wet and his tie rung around his neck undone. His pants rolled into carpis as he gingerly tiptoed across the floor.

“I’ll work on the 3 concepts and mail them to Mikyung asap. Now go to work, finish today good and come home to pack, we have an early flight.” Skye informed him in a chronological order because sweet words wouldn’t sink in anyways.

“Skye…”

“mhm?”

Skye turned around and Dongwoo tilted forward, pecking a small kiss on her lips before scooting out the door.

“See you late afternoon.”

“Alright~” Skye rolled her eyes as her dorky CEO boyfriend scattered out of the apartment.

 

When Dongwoo mailed her mother saying she got a job Skye hadn’t expected her meant she really had a job. She recalled him asking her what she was good at when he was in the hospital getting his ribs bandaged. She said she was an artist and wanted to get into design. Skye saw a light bulb go off in Dongwoo’s mind as she spoke and he declared her the Graphic Designer for Solixir Co. Mikyung was the marketing head but she had no experience with design, so Skye was the perfect addition. Of course she was only known to Mikyung and she hadn’t been added to payroll yet. Her pay was access to Dongwoo’s bank account with her partner card.  He will introduce her into the Company when thing begin to stabilize again and this didn't bother her a bit. She got to sit in his beautiful Seoul Suite and look over the city while working on her artwork.

 

The apartment finally dried and Skye was thankful there were only a few sprinklers in strategic areas. She figured a shower was necessary but what wasn’t needed was the unclicking of the door.

She heard the clink of keys on the marble counter and footsteps entering the house.

Dongwoo would have run in and yelled her name, so it couldn’t be her boyfriend. Besides he left only a hour and a half prior.

She snuck down the hall, creeping to the main area where she could see the intruder who obviously had a key or was very good and breaking and entering. Skye slide into the kitchen noticing the intruders back was to her. She grabbed the fry pan on the stove before speaking up.

 

“Who are you!?” She shouted as the man spun around looking at her with terror stricken eyes.

“Who are you?”

“I asked first…”

“Lee Howon, most call me Hoya. I work with Dongwoo, I’m also his best friend. Your turn.”

“Skye Hanna, Dongwoo’s girlfriend, I’ve been living her for at least 2 months.”

“Did you say girlfriend?” He didn’t even tell his best friend. She didn’t even know he had a best friend.

“Yes...you didn’t know?”

“No but that sure as hell explains alot.” Hoya as the man asked to be called by relaxed greatly and leaned his palm on the couch.

“Like?” You were worried about what he meant.

“Dongwoo was pretty depressed and I was worried he was suicidal and then all of a sudden he comes back to work, quiet but chipper, goes on a week vacation with bruised ribs but still a beam of sunlight and insanely happy. I had no idea what got into him. Apparently, you did. the timelines match up anyways.”

What was this guy some sort of spy?

“I’m a trend analyst and no I don’t read minds I’m just used to that facial expression when I guess things correctly.”

“Oh, that explains things, uh what did you come here for and how did you get in?” Skye asked seriously.

“Spare key, apparently Dongwoo didn’t tell you about me either.”

“Nope, never mentioned you.”

“I’m slightly offended.” Hoya touched his chest sarcastically.

“You and me both.” Skye murmured under your breath.

“So why are you here?” She couldn’t help but ask him more questions.

“He was late for work and I couldn’t remember if he said he was leaving today or tomorrow so I came quickly to say goodbye, but I’m guessing it’s tomorrow and he just slept in right?”

“Right again sir, would you like some coffee or tea?”

“Would you like some clothes?” Hoya looked at her with narrowed eyes. It snapped her back to the reality her hair was soaking wet from her shower and she was conversing with her boyfriend’s best friend in a towel.

“hh, yeah...make yourself at home I guess.” Skye shook her head and strolled down the hall to get dressed.

Oh we will have so much to discuss Jang Dongwoo.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Jagi, JAGI, JAGI~....Skye?” Dongwoo bounced inside, a white bag of food in his hands. Skye stood in front of him with a  raised eyebrow and her arms crossed.

“What’s wrong.” He was worried just by her stance.

“When did you intend on telling me about your best friend who has a spare key to your suite?” Skye asked flatly as Hoya walked out from the living room smiling.

“Hi Dongwoo.” He laughed playfully and Dongwoo rubbed the back of his neck.

“I forgot about the key and...I just wanted two important people in my life to meet properly.” Dongwoo tried to justify himself.

“Yeah instead I almost hit him with a fry pan while standing in the kitchen in only my towel.” Skye replied flatly.

“I’m sorry guys…” Dongwoo sighed feeling defeated.

“Hey, I’m not mad. I just didn't know you dummy.” Skye laughed and stepped towards him grabbing the bag of food and tilting her head under to peck his nose.

“I’m not mad either, in fact I enjoyed my afternoon talking to your girlfriend.” Hoya added on laughing.

“Why did you come by anyways Hoya?”

“I wanted to say Merry Christmas and wish you a safe flight and I forgot when you left.” Hoya grinned.

“So instead we packed your bag.” Skye added while assembling their dinner.

“No worries I packed your good briefs.” Hoya patted Dongwoo shoulder and brought him into an embrace.

“Safe flight to Canada, try to not upset her father and be kind to her Mom and remember to wipe…”

“Hoya.” Dongwoo groaned.

“Merry Christmas Hyung.” Dongwoo smiled at his best friend hugging him tightly.

“Merry Christmas.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“WAAAAOOOOOW” Skye chuckled as her boyfriend let go of his suitcase, his hands falling dramatically to his sides and his jaw unlatched. She walked up behind him and poked his shoulder.

“It’s so white.”

Indeed Canada was white and even at the Toronto Airport which was in a major city, wide fields coated in snow could be seen, unlike Seoul.

Skye justed laughed and looked around for her father’s vehicle. Not seeing him anywhere she turned back to look at her boyfriend who was now...missing.

“Dongwoo?” Skye looked around he anxiously until a large wet snowball planted itself into the center of her back. Turning around she saw a rosy cheeked mischievous boy who had gotten his hands in the snow.

“CEO Jang… how improper.”

He ran over pulling her into a bear hug and ruffled her hair.

“You know CEO Jang is just a persona, I’m always childish.” Dongwoo grinned ear to ear and as he pulled away for her slightly. Although his eyes remained sweet his hand was up to dirtier tasks, like putting ice down her shirt.

The cold snow slide down her back melting at the contact of her warm skin and trickling down her spine.

“Ahhhhhh~ Dongwoo, ahh what the hell.” She squirmed, her screeches only intensifying Dongwoo’s laughter.

“Oh you wanna play dirty?” Skye glared with a raised eyebrow.

“Maybe.” He smirked cheekily backing away as Skye scooped up the nearest snow into her hands, forming a decent sized ball.

“Skye?” Skye froze mid throw when she heard her father’s voice calling her name.

“Dad?” She turned around dropping the snow ball behind her back and smiling awkwardly. He stood with his hands on his hips at the hood of his car shaking his head slowly with grin on his face.Skye approached her Dad and Dongwoo took the hint to follow, grabbing both of their suitcases.

“What did this young guy do to you to deserve almost getting pelted with a snowball?”

“He threw first.” Skye laughed and Dongwoo blinked at her with wide eyes not knowing how her Dad would react. Preparing some sort of apology mentally Skye introduced him.

“Dad this is Dongwoo, well erm my Boyfriend.” She smiled nervously but stood proudly introducing him as her boyfriend, which was completely unexpected to him.

“Nice to meet you.” Her dad held out his hand for Dongwoo to shake and he took it strongly, giving a welcomed strong grip.

“Hello sir, you can call me Nicholas if you would like, I know my name can be difficult.” He gave her Dad his usual Dongwoo grin and stood back beside Skye to grab his luggage.

“You can call me Steve instead of Sir.” Her Dad chuckled and head around to the drivers side of the car, popping the trunk.

“Do you think he will like me?” Dongwoo asked honestly nervous of how her family would react, not knowing he was coming.

“I don’t know a single person who couldn’t.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

“SKYE!!!” She had simply just stepped through the door, the wheels on her suitcase clinking over the door frame as she stepped inside. Her sister flung herself of the couch that could be seen from the narrow entrance way. Running over her sister embraced her, her older but much shorter sister.

“I missed you!” Her sister kept on squeezing Skye, keeping her head in a chokehold.

“I missed you too.” Skye chuckled while trying to pull away.

Dongwoo laughed at the siblings embrace as he stepped inside moments after her with his luggage.

Skye’s sister who was facing the door let go over her sister to analyze the man.

“Who’s this?”

Skye looked back to see a wide smiling, awkwardly waving Dongwoo.

“Ah, this is CEO Jang Dongwoo from Solixir Corp. the largest leading company for natural medicines in South Korea.” Her sister blinked at her with blank stare.

“He is also my boyfriend.” Skye added on laughing and leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Skye has a boyfriend!” Her sister scooted back into the living room.

Skye laced her fingers with Dongwoo and pulled him forward, anticipating seeing her mom again.

“Skye.” She looked to her daughter than to the man beside her and back to her daughter.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about Dongwoo before hand I kind of wanted him to be a surprise.”

Dongwoo sighed with a bright smile on his face. He knew she was used to calling him by his birth name but it was unfair to ask her family to attempt it.

“I’m just happy you came” Her mother hugged her tight and rubbed her back up and down.

“me too.”

Her mother Heidi let go of her daughter to face Dongwoo whose smile hadn’t faltered since they arrived.

“Hi Mrs. Hanna… You can call me Nicholas if you wish, it’s my english name.” He grinned and held out his hand expecting a handshake but instead being pulled into a small embrace.

“Welcome.”

Dongwoo paused, for it had been the first time in over a year he had felt what it was like to feel a mother’s embrace. He held her a little longer than what seemed normal but he hoped she wouldn’t notice.

“We should probably head for bed, it was a long flight and we haven’t finished our Christmas shopping.” Skye by no means meant to cut Dongwoo meeting her family short but both of them had bags increasing under their eyes as the minutes ticked on.

“Yes go on and sleep, you know which room is yours.”

“Thank you again.” Dongwoo bowed, although it wasn't customary it was a force of habit.

 

The pair sprinted up the stairs and into their room, the suitcases thunking behind them the entire way. Closing the door Dongwoo flicked off the light and tackled Skye, curling himself around her and pulling her onto the bed.

“AHHHH, cuddle time.” Dongwoo nuzzled his nose into Skye’s neck and smiled against the sensitive skin.

“Hey crazy, we need to change.” Skye slithered from his grip, the older man pouting the entire time. In protest he remained on the bed, ridding himself of his shirt and jeans.

“I will sleep like this” Dongwoo announced, reclining back on the bed. Skye turned her face, flushing at the sight of the man sprawled across her bed in only his boxers. She cursed her eyes for adjusting to the dark so fast. Skye clambered into the bed, not protesting his choice in nightwear and wiggled her way under the blankets.

“MMM, now sleep Jagi~ Tomorrow we conquer the mall.” Dongwoo chuckled, pulling her so her back was pressed to his chest and his head could rest on her shoulder.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“But Skye..”

“No.

“But…”

“No.”

“BUT JAGI”

“Noooooo.” Skye turned to see her pouting boyfriend holding the stuffed dinosaur to his chest and batting his eyelashes.

“We are just here to get my sister’s gift and my Mother’s gift. Come on.” Skye grabbed his hand after he put the stuffed T-rex down and walked him out of the store.

 

It only took moments for his sulking stage to diminish and to skip up beside Skye, bringing her hand to his mouth to lovingly kissing her knuckles.

“Jagi?”

“Yes??”

Skye noticed his eyes looking off behind her so she turned to see what had caught his attention. Her cheek burned when she did set her eyes on what had her boyfriend so distracted. It was a lingerie outlet with a holiday sale going on.

“What…” Skye turned to him innocently pretending she didn’t get what he implied.

“Why don’t you go try some on? I’ll treat you.” He grinned impishly and though she knew their relationship was becoming more comfortable and the physical element was bound to happen, and it wasn’t that she didn’t want it to either it was just… Dongwoo was different. She knew he wouldn’t judge, he wouldn’t scrutinize, he would treat her well like he does with everything else but that was exactly why she wanted to make sure the first time they were together she blew his mind. She didn’t want to be just average like she was in everything else. She wanted to be something he would think of at work and need to excuse himself from the board table. What she was with him at that moment would be a side of her he hasn’t seen, and that was why she wasn’t ready.

“Uhhh I.. I really don’t need anything.”

But there Dongwoo was dragging her forward giddily towards the shop.

“Hello, everything on the far wall is 50% off and the bins are 10 for 30$ .” The saleswoman smiled and greeted them both as they entered.

“Hey, if I don’t see them I won’t be upset, but why can you no spoil yourself. Most of your clothes got ruined after the accident. Go on.” Dongwoo urged her, his eyes scaling up and down the wall filled with ruffles, jewels and millions of colours.

“Alright alright...byuntae.” Skye whispered under her voice as she walked towards the back shelves.

“Hey!”

“Oh you stay out there, I’m shopping alone.” Skye grinned ear to ear at Dongwoo.

“But...what?” Dongwoo pouted his lower lip, fully wanting to shop with his girlfriend in the lingerie store.

“Go on.” Skye shooed him away, nearly too happy her boyfriend pulled her into the store.

 

Not too happy with the fact Skye kicked him out of the store, Dongwoo went on his way to find her gift. Something delicate and pretty and something that showed their story. He walked into the nearest jewelry store and browsed upon the glass boxes.

“Hello, can I help you?” The older woman smiled down at Dongwoo who was bent over looking at necklaces.

“Ahhh mhm. I’m looking for something for my girlfriend. It’s our first Christmas and I want something that shows our story. You see we both had near death experiences but survived.” Dongwoo looked up at her standing straight and lacing his fingers in his lap.

“So I feel like our lives are intertwined and I wanted to find something that reminds me of that.” Dongwoo finished up and the sales woman looked stunned by the story she just heard. Giving herself a moment to collect herself she scanned over her stock and smiled down on a specific necklace.

“I think I have the one.”

 

*~*~*~*~*


 

Dongwoo met Skye outside the store swaying with his arms behind his back like a giddy child who pulled a sheet over their parent’s eyes.

“Did you buy anything.” Dongwoo asked as Skye walked out to him and she replied by dangling the pretty pink bag in front of his face.

“What is it??” Dongwoo asked his curiosity itching at his insides.

“ahhh my sweet little Dongwoo, you’ll see later.” She placed her hand on his shoulder and whispered the last bit in his ear teasingly, causing his jaw to drop.

She walked ahead of him feel all her confidence rise in her. Yes she could turn her boyfriend on, she could do this.

 

“tonight?” Dongwoo gulped.

“No.”

Dongwoo let out a huge breath he hadn’t noticed he was holding.

“You’ll have to unwrap me on Christmas to see.” Skye batted her lashes softly, fixing his scarf now that he had caught up to her.

“What did I get myself into with you.” He played back, his hand wrapping around her waist and his nose pressed to hers.

“One hell of a ride, Mr.Jang.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Can you pass me the tape?” Skye reached behind her, her finger holding the wrapping paper carefully in place. Dongwoo placed the roll of tape in her hand and watched her work while he tried his damnest to wrap his gift he was assigned.

The tap was sticking to his fingers and he had nearly ripped the wrapping paper twice.

To make it more difficult there were bows spread everywhere and he got two stuck in his hair.

“A bow please?” Dongwoo giggled and took the sticky cover off the bow.

“Here~” He called and she turned to face him and grab the bow only to find herself struck wth it. The big red bow stuck to her forehead. She blinked at him, noticing the two sticking awkwardly to his hair and began laughing.

“Can I put it on?” Dongwoo chuckled and crawled over, leaning around her and placing a large white bow in the top corner of her Mother’s present.

“Perfect.”

“N’awh.”

“Really? What would make it better?” Skye looked up at her boyfriend, who’s cheek was nearly pressed to her’s from over her shoulder.

“Nothing would, because I already put a bow on the perfect present.” He turned his head and kissed her nose quickly.

“ughhh” Skye groaned and shrugged him off, sending him to his feet and toppling backwards with his hysterical laughter following him.

“Since when did you become such a marsh mallow Jang Dongwoo?”

“I’m not a marshmallow, I just get very warm around Christmas.” He grinned, sliding down the wall.

“even though you say stupid corny jokes…” Skye crawled over to him, straddling his hips and taking his face.”

“I know that you care about me.” She smiled, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

“I don’t just care about you.” Dongwoo looked down to her hands rested on his chest and back to her eyes.

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

AN/

SO MUCH FLUFFY STUFF GOING ON HERE.

I'm sorry I got carried away with this couple. This was a much lighter update than the previous one with the Kyuni x Junni drama.

So as you can see their relationship is growing and they have a fun and playful relationship, wit a hint of seriousness.

Dongwoo is kind of a cheesy doorknob when he wants to tease so yeah I hope you enjoyed them.

The next Ch will be the official Christmas update with multiple scenarios of different couples.

After that will be a New Years update and then back into the sceduled plot.

so yeah HAVE FUN!!!

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!