CH 27: Beautiful Nightmare

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CH 27: Beautiful Nightmare


 

Nini woke up to the sound of oil sizzling in a fry pan. Normally she would wake up and look at her phone to check the time right away, but today she didn’t. Instead she let herself slowly come to the moving world. Her senses becoming clearer and the seductive smell of breakfast wafting through the air and entering her nose. She tried to roll over under the fluffy white sheets and ignore the delectable smell for the possibility of catching a few more minutes in this sleepy state. Her stomach protested her ideals though and rumbled loudly, stirring her awake finally.  She sighed and rubbed her eyes, a small card looking her back in the eyes. She grinned plucking the card up.

 

Good Morning Beautiful,

 

Breakfast will be ready when you wake up.

Come out and see me.

 

xoxo,

    ~Suho

 

She chuckled and placed the card to her lips, sighing softly. Good morning, indeed. She scrambled from the bed tossing the blanket haphazardly off her body and jumping onto the hardwood floor. She tiptoed into the kitchen and wrapped her hands around the small statured man in the kitchen, covering his eyes. A slight chuckle left the soft pink lips of the man Nini had her hands around. Just his small laugh made her heart flutter and beat a bit faster.

“Good morning…” He peeled her fingers away from his covered eyes and turned, placing her arms around his neck.

 

Suho smiled at her, the corner of his lips twitching up slightly as he looked over her face. He was wearing a loose white shirt that clung to his hips and belt. He brought his hands up, pushing her hair behind her ears and bent forward to kiss her sweetly. It wasn’t heated but it was filled with the taste of a tanging sweet love that was Suho.

“Morning”  Nini spoke breathlessly when their lips parted again.

“Did you have a good sleep?”  He asked, his eyes never leaving hers and the longer he looked at her the more she could see the pure adoration in his eyes.

“Yes...but what’s for breakfast?” She blushed faintly as her stomach churned.

“Of course, why don’t you turn around.”  Suho smiled and grabbed Nini’s shoulder, turning her so his chest was pressed flush to her back.

 

She blinked as her eyes flew to the beautifully set table. Yellow and white petals were scattered on the table with calla lilies in a vase, standing proud at the center of the table. Assorted breakfast dishes from sweets to savoury foods adorned the surface with a two table sets ready for both of them.

“Is there a special occasion no one told me about?” Nini smiled brightly, turning her head back to look at Suho. He shook his head with a small smile playing on his lips.

“No...I just wanted to show you how much I love you.”

“By making me fat?” Nini quipped and Suho stood there dumbfounded for a couple minutes.

“NO...I-..I just” He rubbed the back of his neck frustrated by the question and perplexed on how to answer correctly.

“I’m kidding!...Thank you” Nini tilted her chin up slightly to peck his pouty bottom lip and quickly maneuvered her way around the table to take her seat.

The sun rays from behind her blazed in, reflecting off the glass of orange juice and silverware placed in front of her.

“Nini” She snapped her head up to look at Suho who smiled once she made eye contact with him.

“What?” She had waited for him to continue but he just sat smiling at her.

“I just wanted to see your eyes.”

“Oh please Junmyeon don’t be so cheesy.” She pretended to gag on the scrambled eggs she had scooped onto her plate. He chuckled warm heartedly and began to serve himself, not even pinched by her insult.

The morning seemed quiet but it was a calm collective hush that hugged Nini in a warm embrace. Being with Suho was different than some. Peaceful silence thrived and blossomed between the two, but intelligent conversations also flourished.

 

But all peaceful moments come to abrupt endings, and theirs came with a knock on the door and an unexpected visitor. Nini’s father.

“Mr. Nguyen” Suho’s polite prepared nature didn’t miss a beat and he opened the door and found himself face to face with Nini’s father.

“Good Morning Junmyeon,” Nini chuckled slightly as her father swung his arm over Suho’s shoulder and strolled in, half dragging the shocked man.

“Good morning Dad,” Nini smiled as she cleared Suho and here plate from the table and placed them into the sink.

“It looks like I interrupted your morning.” Her father said in an observational manner which led to Suho quickly interjecting.

“Ahhh, No we actually just finished.” He smiled assuring her father he wasn’t an unwelcome guest.

“Did you make this all yourself Junmyeon?” Her father gapped and Nini just managed to chuckle under her breath and she knew Suho didn’t like to brag and generally felt uncomfortable talking about his accomplishments but was proud none the least.

“Ahhh yeah, I made this entire breakfast up for Nini this morning.”

“Oh, was it something special?” Her father raised his eyebrow fishing for some new gossip from the younger man.

“No sir, I just wanted to show her how much I love and appreciate her, that’s all.” Suho tried to avoid blushing when he admitted his reasoning behind the extravagant breakfast for two but Nini’s father was more or less stunned.

“wow, Nini, you found yourself a good man here.” he shouted over Suho’s shoulder and into the kitchen for his daughter to hear before turning back to Suho.

“I’d be proud to have a son-in-law like you.” He patted Suho’s back, the younger’s eyes nearly popping from their sockets. He coughed up a nervous laugh.

“ahhh~ We, well you know Nini, I don’t think she is ready for that step yet. I love her but I don’t want her to feel awkward.” Suho tried to reason with her father for some reason.

“I know boy, don’t worry. I’m just stating you’d be more than welcome as part of the family.” He smiled again at Suho and patted his back twice more. Suho smiled feeling a bit more at ease.

“Nini, sweetheart I’m leaving. I was just stopping in before getting your mom from the salon. I don’t know why she had the need to go to one here in Korea when we are going home in a couple days.” He groaned and kissed her forehead before leaving Nini and Suho in your apartment. Her heart swelled at her father’s subtle affection.

“Well,” Suho spoke scooping her into his arms and swinging her slightly side to side.

“You need to pack a small overnight bag beautiful~” He smiled and pressed his lips to the small girl’s hairline.

“Why’s that?”

“We are going somewhere special, trust me and go pack ok?” he grinned and let go of her shooing her off to the bedroom.

 

Nini didn’t question it any further since she knew Suho was an unexpected one when it came to things like this. She thought maybe it was because he never felt equal to her or because he felt he had to prove how much she meant to him. But she let herself get spoiled for the time being because it made him happy. She made him happy.

 

“I’m ready” Nini smiled, swinging her small bag over her shoulder. He grinned widely and opened the door for her.

“After you” He motioned and Nini quickly stepped out into the hall, her excitement rising with ever anticipated moment that led them to their destination.

 

Suho opened the car door for her before sliding smoothly into the drivers seat of his imported Italian sportscar.

“Where are we going.” Nini asked impatiently as they headed onto the highway, leading away from Seoul.

“Somewhere.”

“Where is somewhere?” Nin asked childishly and Suho did nothing but laugh as a retort.

“Somewhere you will love.” He tossed her a glance the continued to keep his eyes glued to the road.

“You seems awfully confident.” She commented, poking and prodding at him playfully.

“I’m not, but I hope you will like it anyways.” he smiled honestly and it was things like this that shut Nini down completely. He didn’t act cocky, he didn’t hold his pride above his head as an umbrella, rather her folded it up and let the rain fall, washing him clean of any lies or dishonesty that she could imagine.

 

“I’m sure I will…” She let her voice flow into the wind as the coastal air breezed into the window while the afternoon came over them. It wasn’t too long of a drive but it was definitely removed from the busy life of Seoul. It was long grasses and small children chasing their dog in the fields. It was elder woman shouting for their grandchildren to come in for dinner. It was old men playing chess on their front porch. It was refreshing. Kind of like Suho.

 

“Here we are.” Suho spoke and woke nini from her daydream and thoughts. He pulled down a drive to a small cabin not too far removed from the shore line.

“It’s ours for the weekend.” He grinned and watched as Nini’s eyes grew wide. This was certainly unexpected.

“Just for us?”

“yeah, I thought it would be nice to be together on a ground that is equal. Our relationship has been either me at your apartment or you at mine, which prove difficult when I have two children in my house-” Suho rolled his eyes thinking of the hoodlums Jongin and Kyungsoo. “So this cabin is both of ours.”  His smile only grew wider and Nini had nothing more to say but to admire the depth in his words.

“Do you like it?”

Nini nodded weakly as she stepped out of the car and grabbed her bag.

“Good”Suho laughed and walked behind her,picking her up into his arms and walking to the door. He skillfully slide the key in the lock and turned the key and doorknob, letting their eyes feast upon the small cabin that had the falling sunlight filtering through its windows and over the small living space.

“Welcome home” Suho chuckled and stepped inside with Nini kicking the door behind him.

 

“Well our temporary home.” Nini laughed out loud as Suho gently set her on the ground.

“Yes, and maybe one day we can have a house like this.” Suho mused as he walked towards the window leading out to the porch facing the ocean.

“Yes, maybe… when we are old and wrinkled and our children have grown up, and I’m grey and you are losing your hair.”

“You will still be beautiful to me.”

“I never said I wouldn’t be.” Nini snickered and Suho rolled his eyes. He had become impenetrable to her sarcastic remarks and found her fiery humour attractive.

 

The night waned over the two of them who spent the night sipping on wine, curled up together under a soft blanket on the couch. There eyes shifted from one anothers to the dancing flames in the stone fireplace that engulfed the room in a comfortable sheet of warmth. They talked of many things from their worst childhood memories to their most embarrassing moment between one another. Everything between one another seemed comfortable and Nini allowed herself to feel happy. It was a feeling she had forgotten but she couldn't recall why.

“Stop thinking” Suho’s hand came up to her face and his thumb her cheekbone lovingly.

“I can’t” Nini mumbled but she knew he just wanted her to stay here, her mind and body cuddled up to his chest, for just a while longer.

“Just try…” Suho kept his eyes locked on hers and the look in for a fleeting second looked as if he was pleading.

“I-” As soon as the sentenced started it stopped as Suho clasped or , the warm plush of his lips moulding with her hesitant mouth. But he didn’t pull back, instead he tilted his face more to ease the kiss and coax Nini into relaxing.

She exhaled and her rigid body relaxed, the motion of Suho’s persistent lips lured Nini from her anxious and nervous state of thought as she melted into his lips. The feeling and taste was like honey, sweet and silky and the more of the feeling she felt the more she needed to taste it. Suho was reserved into making the first move with Nini because she was like a time bomb. She still fragile but, from what?

The heat of the kiss increased and caused her to bring her mind back from the pits of her subconscious to deepen the kiss by asking for Suho’s permission with her tongue. Suho let out a strangled moan that depleted into a sigh as Nini’s tongue tasted his tender lips and tangled her hands into his hair.

 

“Thank you.”

Nini broke the kiss and leaned her forehead against his.

“What for?” Suho asked honestly, his fingers tracing her jawline absent mindedly.

“For clearing my mind.” Nini smiled against his lips and gave him another quick peck.

“Let’s go to bed” She breathed out onto his neck and coiled herself around him.

He didn’t speak or make an objections, Sho simply lifted both their bodies from the couch and up the small stairs to the cabin’s bedroom, laying her down on the bed gently.

By the time he set her down she was already deep in sleep, and Suho took that fraction of a moment to appreciate how peaceful she looked.

“You’ve been through a lot Nini, you made the right choice in me. I promise.” What choice did she make?


 

“Nini….” The purr rumbled softly against the cup of Nini’s ear.

“Nini… come on beautiful, get up.” The purr turned into a sweet demand that dragged Nini from her cozy slumber.

“mmm”  She mumbled into the fluff of the pillow until Suho’s warm fingers curled around her shoulder and legs pulling her up to his chest. She gurgled some words into his neck and grabbed fists full of the sweater he was wearing under his open jacket. He bent back over and Nini squeal slightly feeling her balance shift as Suho snatched the blanket.

“Cover up.” Suho smiled covering Nini to the best of his ability with one hand. Nini nodded and snuggled into the blanket and Suho walked them out of the room and back down the stairs he walked them up yesterday.  Instead of meeting the cords of the fabric on the couch, Nini’s face met the crisp morning kiss of the winter air that danced off the ocean.  She rubbed her eyes against Suho’s shoulder before turning her head to the rising sun.

 

Suho kissed her forehead before sitting them down on the mound of sand before the shoreline. Nini curled herself between his legs and nuzzled into his chest. He opened his jacket around her and tightly wrapped the blanket over them. They sat, not speaking a word as the crimson sun bled into the sky, seeping into the blue horizon creating a pink halo crowned with a soft yellow hue. Suho hummed lightly, his soft vibration being the only sound to accompany the bird scooping into the ocean water for breakfast.

 

“Good morning Nini.” The way the words rolled off Suho’s lips didn’t seem to watch how he normally spoke and it sparked Nini’s interest, as she turned to him.

“Nini?” When she turned around the colours that made up her surroundings started to blur and the voice became clearer. Light filtration through her painted canvas.


 

“Nini...wake up...Jongdae’s on the phone.” Nini sat up in bed. Her eyes locking with Kyuhyun’s which startled her. She jumped backwards away from her boyfriend and clutched her chest. Why was she scared. It was Kyuhyun. Her boyfriend. Yes he was her boyfriend...not…

“Nini, Jongdae…” Kyuhyun emphasied and gave her the phone with a subtle chuckle. Nini grabbed the phone and got up from the bed, walking away and leaving her chuckling boyfriend sprawled lazily on his bed.

 

“Good morning Nini, how are you.”

“Good, sorry Jongdae, I was in a deep sleep and Kyuhyun couldn’t walk me up easily.” Nini explained, feeling bad for keeping her boss waiting. Her job at Jongdae’s cafe was a nice shake up from her life and she got to socialize with the others besides Kyuhyun and Skye.

“It’s ok, but could you come in today?”

“Sure...but wasn’t it Jongin’s shift today?” Nini questioned since Jongin never coughed up his convenient shifts

“Yeah it was but he is at home taking care of Kyungsoo who came down with the flu.” Jongdae sounded a bit uneasy knowing the younger was sick but also knew he was in his boyfriend’s capable hands.

“Where’s Suho? I thought he would jump in right away to take care of Kyungsoo because he doesn’t want Jongin to give up shifts” Nini felt sick for just mentioning his name to her boss, but after that dream...how could she not feel guilty.

“He didn’t tell you?” Jongdae seemed genuinely baffled by her question.

“Tell me what?”

“He is in Thailand on a ‘self development’ retreat, as he called it. Totally whacked bull but whatever floats his boat. He said he was going to tell you before he left...I just assumed…” Jongdae back pedaled, her silence cutting through the call.

 

Why didn’t Suho tell her he was leaving the country. He didn’t have to but they were close and she figured it was something her landlord would have done. She couldn’t understand why he had been avoiding her but turns out he just wasn’t in the country which set her mind as ease. But the thudding in her chest just at the thought of seeing him again disturbed her.

It was just a dream Nini, snap out of it.

She jumped suddenly, dropping the phone when she felt hands wrap around her waist. Nini turned to face Kyuhyun who rose an eyebrow at her startled expression.

“Someone’s jumpy this morning.” He laughed it off, seeming amused by her sudden scares from his affection and his close proximity.

It’s your god damn boyfriend, get a grip!

“Sorry Jongdae, Kyuhyun scared me...i’ll be in early, don’t worry about it.” Nini picked up the phone and apologized, hanging up soon after.

 

“Well it seems like I have work today.” She turned to face Kyuhyun her eyes meeting his lips. She needed to feel his kiss again and not the blurry memory of her dream kiss with Suho.

She leaned in, placing a chaste kiss to his lips. Kyuhyun smiled against and brought his hand up to cup the back of her neck, reclining the kiss slightly, deepening it. He pulled away hesitant to break the kiss before her cheek.

“You aren’t the only one busy today, so go to work safe and I will see you tonight. I have to attend to some matters with Changmin.”

“Changmin?” Nini looked at him inquisitively.

“A new business venture we are looking into.” Kyuhyun smiled and kissed the top of her head.

 

A new business venture she didn’t know about, Suho leaving the country and not telling her. What was with everyone keeping secrets?

 

“Nini…”

“mmm?” Nini looked up to see Kyuhyun entering the bathroom, her shirt already over his head.

“will you at least join me?” Nini heart raced at the thought of joining him in the shower after such a long time of separation but she knew she needed to open up and feel close to him again so she could push away her beautiful nightmares that Suho starred in.

 

“I’ll be right there”.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Well hello!

Wow I have been gone for a quite a bit but my school work really picked up and food and sleep comes before fanfiction sadly.

But here is a beautiful update (actually it's kind of meh) but it's a transitional chapter to get the flow going after our main couple has finally gotten back together

and things and looking up.

The plot line does thicken again but for now enjoy a couple chapters of slight drama, a lot of humour and the characters and their development.

You'll see stronger relationships betwen characters nwo time has passed (especially Dye who are now official and comfortable)

so I hope you liked it but I have a feeling some of you will be like

AUTHORNIM WAEEE!

but until next time...!

Love Authornim :3