CH 2: Blushing

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

There he was, Mr. Perfect in the flesh…. Well cotton, which was pressed flat to her cheek. Nini’s cheeks burned but her stomach dropped, sending shivers down her spine. What kind of effect did Mr. Cho have on her?

“Why damn it Mr. Cho?” He took a step back from a very flustered Nini, his eyes travelling over her with a  worrisome expression plastered to his flawless complexion.

“I… umm, I…just, we all thought we would only have one teacher, and we didn’t know you were coming, we would have been more prepared, and I umm…” Nini’s words were failing her and all she could think about is how dearly she wanted Skye to come save her from this embarrassment.

“I’m sorry then… Nini? right?” He leaned down a little to make eye contact with her under her fringe , camouflaging her eyes.  She nodded and managed to smile back timidly. She knew that all this squirming under her skin was, but she had no clue why Mr. Cho was casuing her to feel so ruffled, but he was, and it was uncomfortable. Beautifully uncomfortable, which was the unsettling part.

“Well, I have to prep for tomorrow class, see you then Nini?” He grinned brightly, adjusting his side bag and strolling forward.

“Uh… yeah, see you then” Nini replied, her fingers playing with the seam on her jean pockets.

DAMN IT.

That night was a long night for Nini, one with very little sleep. How could she sleep when every thought she had revolved around the drop dead gorgeous student assistant who she would have to see every English class. He caused chills to travel down her spine and for her cheeks to ignite in a burning heat, warming her up in seconds.Even the back of her eyelids reflected pictures of the wavy chestnut haired man with glasses, resting perfectly in the center of his nose.

With a heavy sigh she rolled over to face her wall. Maybe I should switch English classes, she had thought it sounded like a good plan but quickly shook the thought away. As much and Mr. Cho got under her skin, she really didn’t want to miss the opportunity to see him. I mean after all he wasn’t a prof or anything. He wasn’t that old. There could be a chance, no matter how slim...

STOP IT!

Nini mentally reprimanded herself for fathoming such thoughts about her teacher’s assistant. He is here to teach and nothing more, besides she was just a student, just his student.

 

The next morning fell into slow motion snap shots. Everythign seemed to flow past Nini like a black and white movie reel. She was just a bystanderof life all because of  the building anticipation sitting in the third row of her English classroom. 

When her english period did come, her face became stiff. She liked Mr. Cho and she was nw aware that she oculd merely gaze at him, and day dream about him. Walking in slowly, focusing on her footsteps clacking on the linoleum floor, she steadied her breath and refrained from looking instantly up to spot him.

“Good Morning” Her head snapped up from her books, so her plan of not looing so excited to see him failed, funny how things work out.

Mr. Cho was looking up at her with a bright white grin, from his desk at the front of the classroom. His hir was swept to the side and his checkered colared shirt had one button undone.

“Morning” Nini smiled, her heart beginning to flutter again. This new but familiar feeling over whelming her once more. So this is what it feels like to be smittin'. As cliche as the word sounded to her, it was the best one she had to discribe this hot bubbling joy that seeped through her skin. Her smile wouldn't leave her face even when she finally found her seat. Not even if she had tried, would this damn guilty smile dissapear.

“You are blushing again” Skye leaned over, her voice nothing more than a whisper. She just had to point it out didn't she? Nini groaned and covered her cheeks, pushing her lisp into a pout.

“I don’t know why this keeps happening to me!” Nini sighed and pulled out a notebook and pen from her bag, helplessly distracting herself.

The clock ticked by a a painfully slow rate. Her mind travelling aimlessly and her hand and pen following it’s trail, creating intertwined doodle over the front over of her otherwise unmarked notebook.  After some hesitation she abandoned her doodles and retreated to music to keep her mind off the charming man marking papers.

 

*               *                *

 

“Nini…” Her eyelids fluttered open to see Mr. Cho looking deeply into hers just inches from her face. His breath was brushing her lips and cheekbones, causing her heart momentarily stop beating.

“Oh… uhh” Her eyes scanned the now empty classroom then met Mr.Cho’s glance once again. Great class was dismissed already.

“How long have I been here?” Nini chuckled awkwardly, picking up her bag and collecting her papers.

“Only about 10 minutes, you seemed pretty tired, I figured I’d let you rest for a bit longer” He grabbed her coat off the back of her chair and held it out to her.

“thanks” Her lips pulled slightly into a smile but not noticeably. Why did he care if she was tired. She was just a student.

The blazing confusion started to boil, and flustered her more than the previous day.If she was justa student why did he care. Why did he say hello, goodbye, let her sleep... why. He isn't allowed to do this to her, not when she was so undeniably attracted to him.She took a couple steps to the door before the bantering in her brain came out of .

“Why do you care so much? You have talked to me more than any other student, but why?” Nini swung herself around , popping her hip and looking intensely at Mr.Cho. She wasn't a hundred percent sure on what she was waiting for, or what kind of answer she expected. 

“I’m not sure, I won’t bother you. I apologize for entering your personal space…I”

“No, it’s fine I was just curious, see you tomorrow” Nini rushed out of class, searching for relief. He had no idea why he cared. Just like how she had no idea why she was so pulled to him. It wasn't like he had to worry about her grades yet, it was like he was just was drawn to her.

atleast that's hat she made of the situation and kept telling herself because no other reality was really acceptable. He was handsome, smart and caring? Was that another trait the alluring Mr. Cho Kyuhyun possessed? Just one of the many possible endless qualities than Mr.Cho Kyuhyun possessed. What had gotten into her? This was irrational but she could only think of this beautiful man. Before she woudl think about, how her hair looked in the morning, watching her favourite drmama, or what she was going to eat after school. Now she cared about what her hair looked like for Mr.Cho, and what if he watched the same drama, and if he was also thinking about what to eat after school.

 

Text From: Skye Hanna

Girls night out tonight? Hmm?

 

Saved by the text, bless Skye’s soul she was partial insane and half genius all at the same time. Completly cutting off her train of thought was a wish granted, stopping her rambling of Mr.Cho in seconds. Her fingers scrambled over her keyboard texting a response.

 

To: Skye Hanna

Count me in!!! ^_^

 

Maybe a girl’s night is what she needed… just a little fresh air, and alcohol, lots of alcohol to erase everythign that had become, Mr.Cho.