CH 22: Domino Effect

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

WARNING!

!minor!language/ual references!

 

 

 

 

 

CH 22: Domino Effect


Nini felt the lump in intensify as the room was cloaked in tension. Seohyun was propped on the arm of the couch, her eyes burning holes into the back of Kyuhyun’s head, and Skye fumbled consistently until xiumin scooted out of no where to take the tea from her trembling hands.

Nini chewed on her lower lip and scanned the room, her eyes meeting with Suho’s who were sympathetic, if not tender. Why couldn't he be disappointed in her for coming home drunk and strewn over two men. She rubbed her temples gingerly trying to recall everything but the only thing she managed to remember is the one thing she wished she hadn’t. The part where she broke down and revealed everything she was feeling inside about Kyuhyun to absolutely everyone in the house, including Suho. So why didn’t he hate her yet? Why did he have to look at her with warm eyes, why did he look at her with so much understanding.

Needing to find an escape from his stare and the room that wa drowning in awkwardness, Nini linked arms with Skye and pulled her towards the staircase.

“but your tea…” Skye mumbled. Nini was sure her brain was shutting down from utter shock. She had no memory of running into Changmin last night, and running into your ex hungover was not an experience that Nini would wish upon many people.

“Donghae, can you grab my tea?” Donghae who was rubbing his eyes from sleep and still waking up from his deep slumber nodded his head diligently.

“Girls talk?” Eunhyuk asked loud enough for Nini to hear from half way up the stairs.

“You can call it that.” Nini muttered.

“Go have fun,” Eunhyuk winked at Donghae and placed a sweet kiss to his lips.

“Just cause I bottom more times than not does not make me a girl.” Donghae groaned but lovingly his boyfriends cheek.

“I know...but you can probably keep those two from killing themselves…” Eunhyuk side eyed in the direction of Changmin and Kyuhyun.

“Right,” Donghae perked up and strolled off towards the staircase with Nini’s tea, taking his boyfriends advice to heart. He knew he was more than likely going to be therapist for the hungover girls for a couple hours.

 

Nini laid on her back on Skye’s bed, assuming a similar position to yesterday, while Skye curled up under the covers, burying her face in a pillow. Donghae looked at the two girls from his cross legged seat on the floor.

“You two really don’t remember anything?”

“No~” The two girls groaned in unison.

“I could...summarize if you wanted?” Donghae asked, his voice cracking at the end. He was unsure if he should fill in the blanks or not.

“mhm” Nini looked up, from her laying position and Donghae cocked his head back to look at Minseok who stood awkwardly at the door.

“Come on Minseok, you might as well join.” Skye spoke, not even looking to confirm it was Minseok.

He nodded and sat down quietly beside Donghae, he looked just as stunned at the hungover duo.

“What’s wrong with you?” Nini spoke up, more curious about why Minseok was dazed than colouring  the white space in her memory from the previous night.

“uh...have you all had ?” Minseok choked on his own words.

“yeah.” Donghae responded nonchalantly.

“don’t remind me…” Skye stuffed her head under the pillow she was clutching on to.

“yes…” Nini responded quietly, blushing at the thought of her and Kyuhyun’s first time, then mentally slapping herself for enjoying such a memory.

“Well uh, I haven’t.” Minseok played with his fingers, focusing on them and refusing to make eye contact with anyone else.

Before anyone could respond to Minseok Seohyun appeared in the doorway.

“Can… I talk with you guys.” She gulped and looked at her own feet. The masochistic part of Nini spoke for her and welcomed Seohyun in. Maybe Suho’s good intentions were rubbing off on her because looking at Seohyun she felt pity for the girl. She looked like the love of her life had gotten sntached from under her nose. Even though they shared the same love, Nini could relate. It was a terrible and helpless feeling.

“What are we talking about.”

“Seohyun-ssi, have you had ?” Donghae piped up asking the icebreaking conversation.

“ah...no I’m waiting for the right one.” Seohyun spoke virtuously.

“Ahhh the angel of good virtues has arrived.” Skye moaned and pushed her head deeper into the pillow.

“What’s her problem?” Seohyun looked to Nini with a sneer on her face that could make children cry.

“She gave herself to someone who didn't genuinely love her. She was blinded by the idea of being wanted and loved but she realized he didn’t actually love her so...she has regrets.” Nini spoke for Skye.

“Minseok-ah...why did you ask us this?”

“Because, I almost lost mine but I freaked out and got scared and is that normal?” Minseok looked at Donghae with wide eyes and his eyebrows knitted together at the center of his forehead.

“UWAHHH you and Jongdae? Why didn’t you? He is your crush is he not??”

“You didn’t sleep with him?” Skye popped up, for the first time in the last half an hour, revealing her face.

“No I didn’t.”

“Why? That obviously means he likes you too.”

“He was drunk… I was drunk… and he is straight!?” Minseok exclaimed.

“he’s straight?” Seohyun interjected, her eyes widening in horror.

“Yeah, he broke up with his last girlfriend a year ago.” Minseok mumbled.

“He apparently isn't that straight if he wanted you in bed.” Donghae snickered.

“Okay, even if he did honestly want me in bed, can you not think of another reason why him being straight and drunk would be a problem???” Minseok asked hysterically.

“oh…”

Skye chuckled coming to a similar conclusion as Donghae, Nini followed up, piecing things together.

“What other problem?” Seohyun asked, her naivety showing itself.

“He is worried, he wouldn't know how to prep him or rather prep him properly.” Donghae chuckled light heartedly. Reaching over and rubbing Minseok’s shoulder as his head fell and he slumped over.

“Talk to him,”

“I haven't even confessed.” Minseok spoked softly.

“Well when the time comes...just have a healthy conversation, then you both aren't unprepared or scared.” Donghae smiled at Minseok, who looked up and nodded his head agreeingly.

“Thank you...hyung.” Donghae’s heart fluttered knowing Minseok’s use of Hyung was an act of endearment.

“Well since we know Minseok hasn't slept with Jongdae, how about you and Eunhyuk-ssi?” Seohyun asked, wanting to clear up if the other male couple was together or not.

“Of course we have, its nice, I feel a lot more free here.” Donghae grinned widely.

“How about you and Junmyeon, Nini?” Though Donghae knew Nini still had feelings for his friend Kyuhyun he also noticed how she had been becoming less antsy. She was calmer and more accepting and he questioned if she had truly began to fall for Junmyeon.

“NO...i mean…” She looked around at everyone realizing she jumped to fast to answer Donghae. “We have not, we don’t...we haven’t.” Nini could feel the heat rising to her ears. Why could she not say they weren’t in a relationship?

“You and Dongwoo have to be sleeping with one another.” Seohyun looked at Skye with curious eyes.

“No, we have never had ...or done anything besides one kiss. It was a really nice kiss though…” Skye mused over how plump his lips were and how skillfully he moved with hers.

“Wow… I really thought you two were in a deeper relationship than that.” Seohyun shook her head.

“Things amongst you all is really a lot different than I thought it was.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Changmin.” Yunho called from across the livingroom to his friend.

“mmm?”

“You said you came here because of some girl...what happened.”

“Ahhh I let myself get too attached. At first she was a good , really she was, and she gave me somewhere to stay well Kyuhyun was with his student girlfriend.”

“So what happened.”

“I thought it could become something permanent, you know tell the girl you love her and she believes you, then she has no reason to move on and you can continue on how you were, having someone to sleep beside and pleasure yourself with.”

“I really thought you loved her Changmin.” Kyuhyun spoke up, almost confused by his friends words.

“I thought I did too, but it wasn’t love, I was desperate for a good lay and she was very, VERY pleasing, Skye’s a real people pleaser you know. Anything you ask of her she will do.”

Dongwoo stiffened in his seat. He had hoped he wasn’t talking about her but he knew there was no other option but Skye.

“Can you at least refrain from talking about her like she is an object rather than a person?” Dongwoo shot Changmin a threatening glare.

“Of course she is a person, but when it’s it is , no need for it to get personal. You apparently haven’t slept with her or you maybe would understand what I’m talking about. She is great to get off on but not what you bring home to Mom and Dad.”

“Chang-”

“Listen .” Dongwoo was out of his seat in seconds, pulling Changmin from his seat in the process. His grip tightened around Changmin’s throat and his fast inches closer.

“Don’t ing talk about her like that.”

“So you are ing her...how are my sloppy seconds? Pretty tasty huh?”

Dongwoo didn’t think, he just acted. His balled fist came up connecting with Changmin’s jaw. He should have thought before hand because the aggressive feelings were reciprocated. Changmin elbowed Dongwoo in the mouth, knocking him off balance and causing him to trip over the edge of the coffee table. Changmin laid a good kick into his ribs before spitting on him.

“Next time, CEO Jang, don’t tell me how I should or shouldn’t speak, and I would definitely suggest not threatening me again.” Changmin wiped his mouth and proceeded downstairs to Yunho’s apartment.

 

Suho kneeled beside Dongwoo and examined his jaw. His hand poking at the tender bruising on his chin under where his lips was split.

“Your jaw seems ok, but I’m not sure about your ribs.”

“I’ll check them in Korea…” Dongwoo took a sharp inhale as he brought himself to stand, Suho reaching under him to provide some support.

Suho looked at Kyuhyun who sat utterly shocked and came to one conclusion. He was only a man of words when he had control over a situation. In Suho’s mind Kyuhyun wasn’t worthy of Nini’s companionship.


 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Kyuhyun snuck out of the living room, following the path of his best friend down the stairs. He looked around the corner to see Changmin swimming in a glass of brandy. Tears streaked his face as he swallowed the burning alcohol and wiped his face clean of the tears.

“What was that up there?”

“What was what?” Changmin hissed, turning around and sitting on a couch.

“How you were talking about Skye, that wasn’t you Changmin.” Kyuhyun sighed, sitting in a reclining chair opposite to him.

“I know…”

“So why did you act like that then, I really did think you had feelings for her.” Kyuhyun turned his head to the side trying to understand his friend.

“I spoke like that because I did love her, and she hurt me, and I have to let her go...you can’t think nice things about someone that leaves you Kyu… you can’t. Even if their actions are justified in your mind, if you feel friendly to them you will never move on. Besides, I may have even helped her find someone who deserves her. It’s not me, I’m not ready yet.” Changmin drank the last sip of his drink and proceeded to refill the glass.

Kyuhyun nodded his head, thinking over what Changmin had said. He couldn’t be kind to Skye or else he would never be able to move on and let go. Kyuhyun grabbed a glass and pour a small drink, realizing he would never move on from Nini because he couldn’t think badly of her. Not even if he tried to.

“I’m just not ready to fall in love yet Kyuhyun, but you are. Go get her back.” Changmin looked up from under his fringe and nodded his head towards the door.

“How did you-”

“We have been friends long enough for me to read your face Kyuhyun...besides you made this mess, now clean it up.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Suho-ssi I’m fine, I mean it…”

“CEO Jang I really…”

“Dongwoo, DONGWOO-ah, even call me hyung just not Mr. Jang-” Dongwoo groaned, taking a sharp intake of air from moving an odd direction and putting pressure on his ribs.

“Right, Dongwoo-ah You really need medical attention and ice.” Suho knocked on the door to Dongwoo and Skye’s shared suite with his foot. Donghae was the one to open it and his jaw dropped upon looking at the bruised CEO draped half on Suho.

“Uhm Skye…” Donghae squeaked.

“CEO JANG!” Minseok jumped to his feet and helped Suho wmanuver Dongwoo.

“I’m ok, stop over-”

“Dongwoo!?” Skye’s eyes widened larger than he thought they could and she leapt up from the bed and to him, cupping his face in her hands. Her finger running along the crusting blood on his bottom lip.

“He should probably lie down” Minseok spoke up frantically moving Dongwoo over to the bed.

Twisting to lay down Dongwoo let out a hiss of pain. Skye looked at him, her forehead creasing in worry.

“It’s just my ribs…” He smile brightly grabbing her hand and rubbing the top of it.

 

Suho looked over to Nini who looked up at him at the same time. He motioned his head to the door and Nini nodded, following him out of the room. Donghae, Seohyun and Minseok behind them with Minseok mumbling promises of ice packs. The two men rushed down the stairs past Suho and Nini who both strolled down the spiral staircase, shoulder to shoulder.

“What were you talking about?” Suho glanced over at Nini, smiling at her with his casual smile. The one that just made him pleasing to the eyes.

“Just relationships…”

“I really couldn’t believe you two aren’t together “together”.” Nini had forgotten Seohyun was behind them.

“Ahhh, just call it a blossoming relationship then.” Suho grinned at her, chuckling awkwardly.

“I see, work hard Junmyeon-ssi, she is a pretty girl, wouldn’t want you to lose her.” Not to Kyuhyun anyways. I know he still has feelings for her but if she had no feelings left for him, wouldn't that push him forward and let him start to heal?

 

“Seohyun is always so positive…” Suho laughed and rubbed his neck.

“She is, but you have worked hard Suho.” Nini looked up at him, for the first time she wanted to kiss him. She really did. She wanted to press her lips against his to feel what they felt like, she wanted to grab his hand at the back of his neck and lace her fingers with his. She wanted to, and that is what worried her. Averting her gaze Nini looked at her feet.

“So, what kind of relationships were you talking about?” Suho spoke up, trying to ease his pounding heart. He should have kissed her but he didn’t take the chance that was presented to him.

“Just our past relationships, Seohyun asked me about my relationship with Kyuhyun… of course.” Nini rolled her eyes tacting her last sentiment on at the end.

“Oh…” Suho didn’t want to seem disappointed, and he should have been expecting such an answer.

“What was your relationship like, before everything happened? You never really expanded on it to me.” He tried to come off casual as the walked into their room.

“It was what television shows are based off of. He was my english teacher and I was of course stunned by him. Then I ran into him awkwardly for our first encounter, and day after day it progressed. The tiny glances at one another until we both ran into each other at a bar. I didn’t recognize him as my teacher really and at that moment it didn’t matter.  Feelings were mutual and we started dating but as it progressed our courage grew. I put us at risk and paid the price for it, I got him fired because we were caught.”Nini explained matter-of-factly, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

“So, what did you do when he left?” Suho filtered through his clothes on he ground, folding most of them and putting them into his suitcase.

“I was shattered. Before we got caught I made him promise to come home, and he never showed. I found out from one of the girls in my class that she reported us and he took the blame. I didn’t talk to anyone, not even Skye.”

“That explains why she was so distressed when you guys met again.”

“Yeah, that and her ex smuggled me out of the country.” Nini chuckled.

“I had no idea that someone that was kind enough to help you get an apartment also thought so lowly of Skye.” Suho thought back to how Changmin had talked in the livingroom.

“He is a good man Suho, he is just stupid. Kyuhyun was the brain of the pair, maybe thats one of the things that attracted me to him. He was smart, handsome, and kind. What wasn’t to want.” Nini mused, laying backwards on the bed.

“You still love him don’t you?” Suho asked, looking up to her, remaining crouched over his luggage.

“I don’t think you ever stop loving someone, love just changes.” Nini responded.

“So what changed when he kissed you again?” Suho knew he was stepping out of his boundaries but he needed to know. He needed to know what was best for her. If it wasn’t him then he would inform Kyuhyun, but there was no doubt he wouldn’t back off. He was just willing to give Kyuhyun a fair fight.

“Hope changed, I have hope again.”

“Hope that he still loves you?” Suho placed his hands on the bed and lifted himself up.

“Hope that he never stopped loving me and that what we had was real, somedays it feels like a dream.” Nini sighed.

That was all he needed to hear, that one line was everything.

“Suho… where are you going?” Nini sat up straight looking at him.

“ahh, bathroom.. i’ll be back.” He smiled sweetly before existing and closing the door.

 

Cho Kyuhyun. I believe it is time for us to have a little talk.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“How did you get like this Dongwoo?” Skye pressed the ice to Dongwoo’s side gingerly while he dabbed a wet cloth on his lip.

“I...uh…Changmin and I had a bit of a disagreement.” Dongwoo chuckled softly, embarrassed of himself but not regretting why he stood up to him.

“Are you stupid? What did you do that for?” Skye groaned over the stupid man for taking on her ex.

“I know you know who he is but, he doesn’t know you know so why…”

“He told everyone, it’s not like he was going to leave me in the dark.” Dongwoo grimaced thinking about the conversation.

“He what?”

“He was explaining his relationship with you, and I didn’t agree with how he was talking about you so...I spoke up...and he pushed it further.” Dongwoo avoided eye contact with Skye. Knowing her, she wouldn’t be happy he got himself hurt for her sake.

“Jang Dongwoo...don’t worry about me, I already feel indebted to you…”

“Go out with me.”

“What?”

“If we are dating, then there is no debt to pay.” Dongwoo looked at her with earnest eyes.

“Don’t just say this because I said I was indebted.”

“I’m not, I mean it. Skye...will you be my girlfriend? I don’t see one reason to not ask you. We share a bed, you make me laugh and I’ve been looking for you, even when I didn’t know what I was looking for. Please.”

Skye sat on the bed beside him, constricting and her eyes becoming watery. This wasn’t too fast, you can’t time when thing are going to happen, when people will come into your life.

She began nodding her head and managed to whisper a faint yes before placing her lips softly to his, avoiding the bruising. Dongwoo’s hand came up to steady her lips which trembled against his. Running his fingers through the short layers of hair.

“No debt, alright?” Dongwoo whispered on her forehead, finishing it with a small kiss.

“alright.” Skye placed her head in the crook of his neck, hunched over into him because she couldn’t lay beside him without hurting his ribs.

“I’d do it again you know…”

“I know, just don’t.” Skye traced his swollen jaw with her fingertips and he grabbed her hand keeping it on his cheek.

“I won’t make a promise I can’t keep.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Come in.” Kyuhyun had stalked his way upstairs in search of Nini but he couldn’t find a trace of her anywhere.

“Kyuhyun-ssi are you alone?”

“Oh, Junmyeon...yeah come in.” Kyuhyun waved the smaller man into the room and offered him a cup of coffee from the small coffee machine in Seohyun’s room.

“No I’m fine, but I need to talk to you about something.”

“Oh?” Kyuhyun sat in one of the arm chairs in Seohyun’s spacious room and gestured Suho to sit in the other.

“It’s about Nini-”

“You don’t need to ask me if I’m ok with you dating her, I can’t prevent it.” Kyuhyun interjected but Suho just shook his head, scoffing the elder male.

“That wasn’t what I was going to ask. I was going to ask if you still have feelings for her.” Suho looked him in the eye not willing to break eye contact.

“Isn’t that nearly the same thing?” Kyuhyun retorted.

“No, it’s not. She still loves you. I personally don’t think you deserve her since you left her like a coward but, I am telling you this not only for her sake but because I believe in a fair game. If you like her, be with her. Go after her but, Kyuhyun-ssi. I should let you know, I’m not going to back off or step away until she chooses.”

Kyuhyun was dumbfounded. He didn’t expect this from the quiet and polite man. Kyuhyun was a strong believer in ‘all is fair in love and war’ and if you want a woman you do everything to get he, not approach the enemy, shake hands and give the enemy a fair match. Suho stood up and bowed to Kyuhyun.

“Think of what I have said, but if your heart still reaches for Nini, I would make sure you aren’t taking both Seohyun and her heart.” With that Suho escorted himself out of the room leaving Kyuhyun to his own thoughts.

 

Moments later Seohyun walked in the doors and looked over at Kyuhyun who had his head buried in his hands.

“Oppa…” He didn’t respond or move. He wasn’t sure how to tell one of his childhood friends that something that just developed needed to stop and that love wasn’t a game to play and if he continued on he would be playing her for a fool.

“Kyuhyun-ah, what’s wrong.”

“Seohyun, I...we need to talk.” Seohyun’s skin turned sheet white and her body froze in it’s spot as he stood and approached her, taking her hands in his.

“Seohyun-ah...what we have started it’s, it has been lovely,”

“Kyuhyun what are you getting at?” She looked up at him nervously, his eyes never meeting hers.

“Seeing you in a new light, seeing you as a woman. It has been eye opening for me. You have grown so much without me, and you can grow even more...without me.”

“Kyuhyun-”

“I think-”

“No, don’t say what you are going to say, just save it. Don’t ruin our last night here...alright.” Seohyun pulled her hands from his and walked over to the bed, wrapping her hair over her one shoulder and it feverishly.

“Seohyun.”

“Please Kyuhyun, just do this one last thing for me.”

Kyuhyun felt his heart sink. He wanted to say a proper goodbye, he wanted proper closure. She wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of letting her go gently and moving back to Nini. He should have known this.

“I’ll go wash up before bed then.”

“Yeah.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Kyuhyun walked over with of the bathroom, rubbing a small towel on the side of his face to dry up and remaining water. All the lights were turned off and he was glad that this hell of a vacation was coming to an end. Looking out through the living room windows he saw a petite figure standing outside, icy breath enveloping her in a hazy cloud. Nini.

Kyuhyun grabbed his coat from the closet and lifted his shoes so he could put them on before stepping outside.

“Nini?”

“Kyuhyun?” She spun and looked at him in shock.

“What are you doing out in the cold?” Kyuhyun asked, his hands coming up behind her and resting on her shoulders.

“Thinking and admiring the stars.” Kyuhyun instinctively began to move his hands on her shoulders, loosening up her tense muscles.

Nini looked down his his hands and up to his face.

“I’m sorry, I left you without saying goodbye. I didn’t even give you the opportunity to come after me because I wanted you to go on with your life. Get an education and then possibly down the road our lives would collide again. I was stupid. I don’t want you to take this apology I want to show you I mean it. I broke it off with Seohyun. I realized that I could never move on from you. Never, not even if I tried. A year, ten years, even fifty years, Nini I would still think about you every breathing second.” Nini blinked furiously, trying to wrap her mind around what she was hearing.

“I still love you Nini.” Kyuhyun bent forward, craning his neck so he could press his lips to her, cupping her face with his warm hands and running them back through her hair.

 

Nini remembered, She remembered at that moment why she had fallen in love with Cho Kyuhyun. It wasn’t something she could put into words. Anyone who has been in love would understand this. It was how she felt when their skin touched and lips connected. It was different with Kyuhyun, but her mind wandered off thinking, would it be different with Suho as well?

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“No offence Seohyun but I am glad we are going home.” Jongdae smirked widely, his arm tossed over Minseok’s shoulders.

“None taken” Seohyun responded in her ever passive tone.

“Goodbye Japan!!!” Skye rolled her eyes and dragged Dongwoo forward jostling his side the wrong way and causing him to cringe in pain.

“Ouch…”

“You and me are seeing a doctor right away, no protesting.” Skye sighed and smile at Seohyun, leaving first to board the plane with Dongwoo.

Eunhyuk and Donghae also bowed and said their thanks following behind Skye and Dongwoo.

Minseok and Jongdae followed their example and rushed to get seats.

“Thank you Seohyun-ssi, it was a lovely stay.” Suho smiled earnestly at Seohyun before tossing Kyuhyun a game look as if to say ‘let it begin’.

Nini avoided eye contact with Kyuhyun and looked towards Seohyun.

“Thank you again, you never needed to invite me, I hope we were decent guests.” Nini smiled knowing that Seohyun would never invite her again even if time passed, and she knew they were terrible guests. Hell she even stole her boyfriend...sort of.

 

“Seohyun…”

“Kyuhyun-ssi.” Seohyun turned to look at him, her facial expression completely blank.

“This will be our last adventure like this. I’m sorry, I don’t want to play you and should have told you from the start I still was in love with Nini.”

“You should have.” Seohyun responded in a monotone voice.

“Goodbye Seohyun.”

“Goodbye…” Kyuhyun kissed her forehead and spun on his heel heading towards the plane without her. She was staying a bit longer. She needed the distance between them to allow her to heal.

“Goodbye Oppa.”

 

 

 


 

 

AN!:

FINALLY THINGS ARE TIED UP and we are leaing Japan.

Note// there will be some time passed between this chapter and the next bring our story time line closer to Christmas.

With that being said there will be 3 Christmas updates (1 of Junni & Kyuni, 1 of Dye and the last which will be the actually Christmas Ch will be small scenarios of all couples)

So PLEASE look forward to that.

I really don't know what else to say about this, uhhh enjoy the drama in this but prepare your hearst for the next few!

**PPSSTTT I found some gifs that go with everyone in this Chapter update #proud**

SO I WILL BE BACK SOON WITH FUN CHRISTMAS UPDATES!!! wooooo!

-Authornim singing out!