CH 18: Numbers of Fate

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

Do I need to give  warning for implied ual scenes? anyways here is your warning.

 

 

CH 18: Number of Fate


 

 

“Hyukjae-ah…” Eunhyuk’s face heated up as Donghae called him by his real name.

“You haven’t called me that in a very long time.” He smiled from behind his boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

How lovely that word sounded to him. He never thought it would but now with the person attached to that fond name he found himself enjoying the sweet taste that lingered when he said it.

“It’s because you weren’t that person for a very long time Hyukjae, but-” Donghae turned around and gasped, Eunhyuk had unknowingly to him, closed the gap between them and shut the door silently.

“but?”

“but you are still that person, I just needed to allow him time to grow into his new self.” Donghae smiled bringing his hands up to Eunhyuk’s high cheek bone. Eunhyuk sighed and rested his face into Donghae’s hand, fluttering his eyes closed.

“Thank you.”

“No, thank you” Donghae closed the lessening inches between their lips and pressed his mouth against Eunhyuk’s. The warmth of the kiss radiated outwards. It wasn’t rushed, it wasn’t deep, or soft. It mellowed between their lips, filling in the spaces where flesh could not touch.

“Let’s go to bed.” Eunhyuk smiled on his partners lips before pressing them both backwards with his own weight.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Suho entered the room assigned to him and Nini and dropped his head after seeing confirmation of what he thought laid behind the door. Nini walked around him and gasped, though she tried to not be too obvious. She had only ever shared a bed with Kyuhyun, and though she and Suho were just friends she couldn’t find the nerve to push the fact that he was still a man out of her mind.

“I’ll sleep somewhere, take the bed Nini” Suho’s voice was soft but it was still authoritative.

“No I dragged you along…”

“No you didn’t I volunteered, besides you need a good nights rest, you have bags under your eyes still. I’m guessing you didn’t sleep well from last night so, get some rest. Alright?”  Suho smiled and grabbed a spare pillow and blanket before heading off into the living room.

 

Nini did as he asked, not wanting an argument this late at night and of course Suho was right about last night. She quickly undressed and slipped into some warm pajamas before finding solace under the blankets.

 

In a quiet house you hear everything, room to room, corridor to corridor. Nini heard Kyuhyun and Seohyun walking down the hall and entering their room right across from her. Trying to ignore it should couldn’t help but hear some high pitch squeals and a tired groan. Rubbing her eyes she gathered up the blankets and a pillow, following Suho’s trail.

“Can’t sleep?” Suho asked, perching up on his elbow when Nini entered the living area.

“No, and I don’t want to try and sleep in this house alone.”

“Well, the couches are comfortable” Suho smiled brightly before Nini plopped herself down at the opposite end of the couch from Suho. He was surprised she had no issue sharing a couch but not a bed. Then again they didn’t need to lay side by side. He decided to not over analyze her decision and would figure out a convincible story in the morning for everyone when they ask why they are sleeping on a couch.

“Junmyeon?”

“yes?”

“Thanks.”

“mmm? What for?” Suho raised an eyebrow and looked down at the girl with her face curled into a pillow.

“For everything so far.” She mumbled drowsily.

“You know you aren’t a burden to me…”

“I know but I just wanted you to know.” Nini half yawned, trying to get out the words she wanted to say.

“Go to sleep Nini.” He smiled, leaning back on his propped up pillow and closing his eyes.

“mmm.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Minseok was faced with a predicament. One he had unknowingly walked straight into and he has never cursed a single human beings name so many times in one night.

“You look pale Minseok-ah”

“Maybe it’s post flight sickness…” Or maybe it is the fact I have to sleep in the same bed as you with unresolved feelings.

“Which side of the bed do you want?” Jongdae asked, tugging his shirt over his head while facing Minseok. Minseok felt the heat travel up his face and to the tips of his ears as his eyes shamelessly racking over Jongdae’s bare chest.

“Which ever side you don’t sleep on…” Minseok tried very hard to keep an even voice but Jongdae was making it unbearably hard, in more than one way.

“Well, come on..get in.” Jongdae walked around Minseok, giving his a small tap before crawling under the covers.

Minseok cursed Seohyun for pairing them once again before removing his shirt, leaving him in a tank top and switching from jeans to pajama bottoms.

When he turned around Minseok found that Jongdae had watched him the entire time.

“Polka dot underwear? Don’t you think that will drive a lot of attention to your ?” Jongdae snickered as Minseok calmly slipped under the sheets.

“Why were you looking?”

“Because they were extremely loud and distracting.” Minseok’s mouth creased into a line before he slugged himself over to face the other way.

 

In comforting himself, he sent Jongdae in the other direction. When the elder male moved Jongdae had been a bit too close to his friend’s behind. Minseok had incidentally brushed his cheeks right against Jongdae’s now starving manhood.  Jongdae rolled away, cursing their host’s name under his breath. Why would she pair them up?

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Skye’s eyes had barely adjusted to the dim lighting before Dongwoo was shuffling through the cupboard and tossing a spare pillow and blankets to the floor.

“I’ll sleep on the floor.” It hadn’t even been up for debate between them before he leaped into action. She didn’t want to feel offended but was he that uncomfortable with the idea of sleeping in the same bed. If it was her virtue he wanted to appease and be honourable to he might as well throw that idea out the window. Then again Skye had to dig past her immediate and irrational thoughts before it dawned on her that he may simply be acting as a gentleman and giving a lady the bed to sleep on. Since Dongwoo continued to lay out his bedding, Skye slipped from the room to change.

The upstairs was only a small corridor but it had a study, a large bathroom with a walk in shower and separate bathtub, plus their spacious room. It didn't occur to Skye that Seohyun may have been giving them the royal treatment because she had been paired up with a large corporate CEO. But if these were the perks you got from a daddy’s girl, Skye sure didn't mind taking advantage of them.

 

Skye slithered back between the crack of the door and threw herself under the covers.

Both laid in silence, staring at the dark ceiling.

It should be uncomfortable that she was expected to share a bed with him, but she was more uncomfortable with him sleeping on the ground and her having a queens sized bed to stretch out on.

“Dongwoo.”

“mhm?”

“Why don’t you come up here and sleep in the bed.”

“But…”

“We have slept in the same bed before, remember? Besides it’s large enough we don’t even need to touch.” Skye made herself sound unattached from the entire ordeal and she had been doing just fine till he stood up.

 

The Moon bounced off the layer of snow and sent a silver light into the room, glazing over Dongwoo’s exposed skin. The ripple in his bicep and the smooth ridges in his back. The light the dip on his collar bone and created blue accents in his black hair. She had wished she had bit her tongue and let him sleep on the floor because she was a woman and he was a man, with an extremely nice body and nothing but loose pajama pants and a black tank top. He gingerly slipped into bed and smiled, rubbing her short blonde hair with his hand.

“Sleep well Skye.”

“You too.”

You too….

*~*~*~*~*

 

Skye was the first awake, finding her head rested cosily in the knook under Dongwoo’s arm. So much for not touching. Skye retreated from the room and jumped down the stairs to put on some coffee. She needed it, desperately. Focused on her task she nearly jumped out of her skin when Nini greeted her good morning.

 

“Jesus why on earth are you awake, and in the living room this early.”

“Oh you know...ex problems… I rather not hear their private time.” Nini rolled her eyes with a sneer.

“Fair enough” Skye nodded her head, scooping the ground coffee into the maker.

“Good morning Nini...Skye” Suho stretched upwards and appeared at the other end of the couch Nini was on.

Letting her brain churn for a bit Skye gave up and pleasantly greeted him back.

“How did you sleep Nini?”

“mm good. I had a pretty weird dream though.”

“Oh?” She should have said nothing because when she did she knew Skye would ask details about her dream.

“Yeah, it was pointless though.” Nini smiled innocently at both of her friends. Suho and Skye looked at each other and shrugged knowing she was lying through her teeth.

 

To join the group was Kyuhyun, who strolled into the living room with a head of messy hair.

“Morning everyone.”

“Morning.” All three replied in unison but no one even bothered to look up from what they were doing.

“Did you sleep well Nini?”

“Yes I did, Suho knows how to talk a girl right to sleep…”

“My talking makes you sleepy?” Suho looked wounded and Skye had to run for the sink before she spit out her Coffee from laughing.

“I mean your voice is soothing.” Nini pushed on his knee playfully, grinning ear to ear.

“How about you Kyuhyun?” Nini rolled her neck to look in his direction.

“Seohyun has away to tire me out, I slept quite sound.”

Just as Skye had reentered the room she had to excuse herself because this time she had swallowed her coffee the wrong way. She really had terrible timing with drinking mid conversation.

“Ahh, well I slept nicely as well, but please make sure Seohyun gets her man maid Yunho to check our room for a draft. Both of us had no choice but to sleep on the couches last night.” Nini’s jaw dropped at the wittiness laced into Suho’s statement. Maybe he wasn’t just caring and an overall pushover, there was hope for the pretty rich kid yet. She was also taken aback by the fake he had thought to make an excuse for why they were sleeping on the couch. For a pretty face he caught onto small details well.

“I’ll make sure of it.” Kyuhyun attempted to keep a polite demeanor but his affection towards Suho was diminishing fast.

 

When Skye entered the room it was quiet again, which was a green light that she could finally take a sip of her coffee without it being a hazard to her health. That was until Minseok woke up.

“SKYE!” Minseok zipped into the main living area, bowing to everyone before spotting his target and linking arms with her, Coffee spilling down her front.

“I can’t drink coffee around any of you.” Skye glared at the three she walked away from and then to Minseok, who didn’t miss a beat as he dragged her.

 

*~*~*~*~*

“Ahh CEO Jang you look refreshed this morning.” Kyuhyun smiled genuinely to the only person who possibly had no bias against him.

“mmm, the best was waking up.”

“Why’s that?”

“I don’t have a nagging house attendant dragging me from my slumber or a very loud blonde screaming every variation of my name and threatening to burn non existent chest hairs with bacon fat.” Dongwoo laughed and walked to the pot of warm coffee helping himself.

“How did everyone else sleep? Hopefully no one else was kept up by Eunhyuk-ssi and Donghae-ssi.”

“What do you mean Eunhyuk and Donghae? Did they keep you up?” Nini raised an eyebrow, looking at the drowsy man.

“Well after Skye fell asleep and we were no longer talking, their lovely noises travelled up the stairs, I’m surprised you heard nothing.”

 

As if it was a directed stage play, the pair walked into the room, hair strewn in every direction and both without shirts.  Nini bit her bottom lip and looked down, restraining a laugh. Suho looked at them blankly and Kyuhyun’s jaw couldn't be lifted from the ground even if it was attached to a high end industrial crane. Dongwoo gave everyone in the room a look as if to say, told you.

“Morning everyone, is that coffee?” Eunhyuk reached over, swiping the cup from Dongwoo’s hands. The CEO stood there like a kid who lost his candy not even attempting to retrieve it back.

“So how was your night…” Kyuhyun played it off as cool as he could.

“It was great, the bed was comfortable, the room is a great size-”

“The company was quite pleasing as well.” Eunhyuk smirked tipping his mug towards Donghae whose face flushed a vibrant red.

“I bet you slept well…” Dongwoo murmured reclining against the counter with a raised eyebrow and a crooked grin.

Eunhyuk felt his cheeks burn realizing he wasn’t the only one who heard Donghae’s sweet voice begging for a well needed release.

“I’m surprised everyone is awake so early.”

 

All eyes turned to Seohyun, who walked down the hall already pampered and preened, ready for the day. Nini groaned at how she looked pristine in the morning while everyone else had hair, bed head, or pajamas.

“the only one sleeping still is Jongdae,”

“Where is Minseok and Skye then?” Dongwoo asked questioningly to Kyuhyun.

“Minseok-ah dragged her off somewhere, maybe he wants to switch rooms with you.”

“Doubt that.” Jongdae walked out with a toothbrush hanging from his mouth. Dongwoo didn’t add  on to the conversation, though he was a man of many words he was more curious to where she had run off to his his house attendant.

 

“How did you sleep Jongdae?”

“Oh I don’t know you tell me...hyung? You two are awfully loud, and Minseok kept pushing me sideways.” Donghae regretted asking the moment the kid opened his mouth.

“You really have no respect kid.” Suho chastised. Jongdae stuck out his tongue at Suho and wiggled his hips childishly.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“I mean Skye he watched me strip in front of him, do you understand what that feels like?”

“Shouldn’t you be happy he watched instead of turning away? Then you’re crush on him at least has some validity.”

“But he also striped in front of me…”

“You are men, of course he did!”

“but…”

“Minseok I am not switching rooms with you.”

“Why!!!”

“Because I don’t even know Jongdae.”

“or is it because you-”

 

“Good morning!” Dongwoo didn’t want to know what Minseok had to say, nor did he want to know Skye’s answer.

“Dongwoo...look at you all upright and awake on your own.” Skye smiled and walked towards him, leaving Minseok’s side.  

“It was nice not having threats screamed at me in the morning I must say.” Dongwoo smiled brightly at the blonde before they both followed him back to the main living room.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Their first morning was just as awkward as the plane ride but with more conversation this time round. So after breakfast was served everyone broke off on their own, Nini taking the opportunity to shower.

The shower was refreshing and although the circumstances weren’t ideal she had to say she was glad to be on vacation. Even when she had no school, going to Korea hadn’t felt like a vacation, more like a lifestyle change.

Even if she wanted to win Kyuhyun’s heart back, she was ok with how things were now. She knew where he was, he was alive and well. Plus he reminded her their relationship had not been some sort of dream.

 

“Nini!”

“Yeah?” Why the hell was Suho knocking on her door while she showered.

“Your Mom is on the phone. Yes Mrs. Nguyen...Yes… She wants to know if you can talk now.”

“I’m in the shower!” Typical of her Mother, calling inconveniently...wait, why the hell was Suho on her phone.

“JUNMYEON! Why are you on my phone!!!”

“Yes, yes she is yelling at me….I answered your call… I saw MOM blinking on your caller display, I thought it was rude to ignore her and didn’t want her to worry.”

So typical Suho, always thinking of others and in advance. Her mother would have been panicking if she hadn’t of answered her.

“Tell her I’ll call her back.”

“She said she will call you back when she gets out of the shower...you’re welcome… I will Mrs. Nguyen...Goodbye.”

 

She heard Suho’s heel turn on the hardwood and she turned off the tap and jumped into a towel. Opening the door a crack so her head was only sticking out, strands of hair in her face.

“Junmyeon…”

“Yes?” He looked back to see her head popped out the door and water trickling down her face and hair.

“Thank you...for answering my Mom.”

Suho rubbed the back of his neck, smiling to his feet before looking up at her.

“Your welcome, I just wanted to make sure she wasn’t worried. You know Mom’s…” He laughed light heartedly.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae both knew how Nini felt for Kyuhyun and figured they would take the situation into their own hands and that meant alcohol. Kyuhyun could out drink most people and Nini wasn’t one to shy away. It would also be a way to loosen up everyone in the house so their stay would be more comfortable and less awkward.

 

But this game required cooperation and if there were two people who would play along it would be Skye and Dongwoo.

“You knock.” Donghae pushed Eunhyuk forward.

“Why me?”

“Because you’re more assertive.”

“What makes you think assertive is the best way to go about this?”

“Guys?” Skye opened the door and spoke abruptly, starling the pair.

“Skye...Hi”

“You have a plan don’t you…”

“are we really that easy to read?” Eunhyuk asked in disbelief.

“Not you...he is though.” Donghae laughed childishly and slithered past Skye and Eunhyuk into the room.

 

Skye led them to the balcony attached to their room where Dongwoo was in front of a small fire pit.

“So what evil plan did you come up with?” Skye looked both men down with her eyes.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

For the love of Cho Kyuhyun...I hate complicated relationships and evil plans.

Skye thought the game would be easy enough to initiate but she wasn’t blind, as the night progressed with drinking, someone would screw up, if not by accident they would on purpose.

“Minseok please help us, the more people we have in on the game, the better chances we have.” Skye begged Minseok  but Jongdae was Suho’s friend and so was Minseok but they had different loyalties to the man.

“Can you pass it by me one last time?”

“Donghae and Eunhyuk will sit on either side of them and secretly tell whoever is King the numbers they hold.”

“Seems easy but..”

“Please?”

“Fine...do I get to switch you rooms.”

“No.

Minseok sighed  but agreed anyways to the game with a fixed twist.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Everyone was gathered in the living room once again, huddled in smaller groups and sipping on the beverage of their choice. Eunhyuk was waiting for the alcohol to seep into everyone systems a bit before initiating the game.

 

“Guys...why don’t we play ‘King’” Eunhyuk stood up and fetched a cup with labeled chop sticks in it.

“How do you play?” Seohyun cocked her head to the side as Eunhyuk encouraged everyone to sit in a circle on the ground.

“Someone stirs the cup and we all pick a stick. Whoever pulls the one with King written on it controls the other players. The King can call out two numbers and tell them what to do. The King must say the task before knowing who has the reciprocating numbers, to be fair. If the players do not want to do the King’s request, they drink a shot, but every time someone drinks, the amount gets doubled for the next pair who denies the request.”

Everyone nodded their head in agreement and Eunhyuk snuggled up close to Nini, Donghae across from him beside Kyuhyun.  The plan was in motion as Donghae stirred the cup, each person snatching their stick.

 

“King.” Seohyun called out.

.

“6 and 4, compliment each other.”

Everyone looked down.

“4” Skye raised her hand.

“6” Jongdae raised his.

“You have a nice jawline.” Skye threw her stick back in the cup.

“You have pretty eyes.” Jongdae followed her example placing the stick in the cup.

“It is obvious you have never played Seohyun-ah, raise the stakes” Donghae grinned sweetly.

 

Next Round.

“King” Kyuhyun called it this time.

Seriously?

“3 and 7, Kiss.”

“3” Minseok raised his hand timidly.

“7” Jongdae raised his calmly.

Minseok looked over to Skye for encouragement but received none. Reaching forward to drink Minseok found his face cupped by familiar hands and lips pressed to his quickly enough to taste but too short to be registered. Blinking stunned, he put his stick back and everyone in the room said nothing.

 

“King.” Nini had control this time.

“1 and 2, kiss”

“1” Kyuhyun raised his hand.

“2” Seohyun raised hers.

Nini was beside herself, how could she do this to herself.

Seohyun leaned in quick, pecking Kyuhyun’s lips and rocking back on her heels.

“Next round” Nini placed her stick back.

 

“King” Eunhyuk couldn’t believe the luck they had with this game so far. It was Suho’s turn to call numbers.

“4 and 5, kiss”

“4” Eunhyuk called out staring at his own stick.

“5” Skye’s jaw dropped and she reached forward for the glass but Eunhyuk shoved her back, capturing her lips and kissing her quickly.

“I’m gay.” He snickered, leaning back over as Skye sat dumbfounded.

 

Donghae groaned, not liking if he kissed a girl or not. He didn’t want him kissing anyone else.

“King” Skye called out.

Finally.

Eunhyuk symboled 6.

Donghae symboled 7.

“6 and 7, Kiss”

“6” Nini raised her hand, her anticipation growing.

“7…” Kyuhyun raised his and there was an awkward silence in the room. The two looked at one another, no words exchanged.

Suho’s heart beat increased. She would drink right? Why would she drink...she loved him. But he didn’t want her to.

 

Seohyun believed him when he said they were over. They were done, he had to drink the shot.

 

Kyuhyun leaned in as Nini did, together their bodies moving like magnets long separated, till they lips brushed. Upon contact Kyuhyun’s hand found her jaw and left the kiss longer than needed.

Both sat back, trying to bury the resurfacing emotions within them.

 

There was a dramatic difference between Seohyun and Nini. When Seohyun’s lips met his, they were green, new and fresh but Nini was red, passionate, warm, and familiar. Kyuhyun put his stick back, wishing maybe he had gone for the drink instead of suffering from his new found guilt that he thought had finally diminished.

 

“One more round shall we?” Dongwoo grinned, trying to lighten the mood. No one argued, still shocked by Nini and Kyuhyun’s kiss.

“King” Seohyun smiled widely in attempt to ignore Kyuhyun kissing his ex.

“1 and 4, kiss”

“1” Skye raised her arm once again.

“4” Dongwoo raised his. Skye’s smile dropping and her eyes widening as she looked at Dongwoo.

Suho looked at his stick curiously. He had the number 4…

“Well let’s…”

Skye words were cut off by Dongwoo’s lips meeting hers. Skye relaxed as his mouth remained on hers and his hands found home turf on either side of her hips, giving him leverage to tilt her chin up.

 

The kiss parted soon and Skye blinked at him, his face still inches from hers.

Looking away she got up and walked herself up stairs to her room...which she shared with Dongwoo.

 

Everyone departed until Dongwoo was left sitting on the floor alone.

 

They say you should never ask for a kiss.

You should take one instead,

So why does this feel like a mistake.

 
 
 
 

 

 

So where do I start? First I apologize for not expanding on JunNi/SeoKyu/Kyuni as much in this chapter. Think of this as a preface for those couples.

Anyways EUNHAE! that was emotional and sweet. 

Suho being all gentleman like and stuff but in the end getting the girl on his couch.

AWKWARD XIUCHEN weeee~

Dongwoo being all respectful and stuff...well that went well.

The DYE couple should never drink coffee (and pretend Skye changed her shirt before Dongwoo found her and Xiumin)

uhm yeah so the game of king was fun.

xiuchen kiss, eunhyuk and skye kiss (muahaha) and Dongwoo conning the game in his favor. PLUS KYUNI IS BACK UWAHHHHHHHHHH

I actually had more to say but Igive up in AN notes. 

Just look forward to the next chapter where things begin to take off. (dates, awkwardness and possible confessions?) :O

 

~Authornim Skye