CH 21: Blackout

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

 

 

CH 21: Blackout


Nini leaned closer to the mirror inspecting the corners of her lips which were now tainted a vibrant red. Skye managed to stumble into the bathroom with her glass in hand. Nini chuckled and rolled her eyes are her friend who looked wide eyed at the floor like it had teeth.

“You trip over yourself normally why on earth did you think pre-drinking was a good idea?” Nini raised an eyebrow and walked out of Skye’s adjoined bathroom, wiggling her short black dress down and smoothing it out.

“For several good reasons…” Skye grumbled, following her and struggling with her off the shoulder red sweater dress.

“Being?”

“I would like to walk outside and not feel how cold it is, and I don’t plan on remembering much” Skye toasted her glass.

“Not sure about you” Skye tacked on and took another healthy gulp from her glass, finishing off her second rum and coke.

“I’m saving myself for the actual bar, I wanna be able to walk in.” Nini chuckled and turned towards the bedroom door that clicked open.

“Evening ladies” Donghae smirked, his arm propped on the doorframe. Skye looked up and her eyes widened once more. Nini pressed her tongue to the inside of her cheek and glanced at Skye.

Donghae and Eunhyuk were dressed in solid black ensembles, Donghae sported a tie meanwhile Eunhyuk left his black dress shirt ed at the top. Minseok stood behind the two with a white buttoned shirt, grey vest and black tie. Chen took to his left with his standard sly expression clothed in a grey button shirt and black pants with boots coming just above the ankle.

“.”

“Irresistible right?” Donghae chuckled winking at Nini.

She responded with a nod because though her logic repeated that they were all gay, the woman in her was drooling and panting to just touch one of the finely dressed men.  Skye joined the boys, inspecting them up close.

“Minseok...is this really you?” Skye couldn’t process how her cute older brother like friend had transformed into well something well...y.

“It is” He smiled widely.

“and you…” Skye spun to poke her index finger into Eunhyuk’s chest.

“why are you gay.”

Everyone bursted out laughing, including Skye and Eunhyuk themselves.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

The bar was nearly an hour and a half away from Seohyun’s house, and the more distance Nini put between her and Kyuhyun the better she felt. Letting herself feel free for the first time in awhile she strut into the bar as if she owned the entire place. That earned her a couple thirsty stares but Donghae quickly linked arms with her to fend off any hungry men in the bar. Eunhyuk followed his boyfriend’s gesture and walked beside her on the other side, escorting her to the bar. Skye was more than happy to fall back and walk in with her own troublesome twosome.

 

“SHOTS!” Nini shouted, at this time it was their third round and she was leading the pack with how fast she could throw back the alcohol. Donghae was impressed with how well she fared with alcohol but also shocked with how much bolder she became. Skye was a quiet drinker. She took her shot and placed her cup down awaiting the next. Minseok had discovered she was a touchy drunk though, and Jongdae felt like he was stepping on nails the more she touched Minseok. He wasn't going to speak up regardless of his discomfort because, no one else knew how he felt towards his friend.

 

“Donghae...dance with me.” Nini whispered drunkenly in his ear, leaning over the bar. The male bartender cocked his head sideways enjoying his sneek peek of cleavage pressed together from the low hem line on her dress.

Donghae laughed and stood from his stool and grabbed her hand gingerly.

“After you miss.” He smiled sweetly and the pair strolled off to the dancefloor. The distance between the pair lessening as they found a spot to dance together. Eunhyuk watched his boyfriend’s hands on her hips as their legs alternated and she straddled Donghae’s knee. Nini skillfully rolled her hips to the beat of the song. They were certainly giving the rest of the bar quite a show.

 

“I didn’t know you could dance Nini Nguyen” Donghae bent over, talking in her ear softly and guiding her hips with his hands.

“I normally don’t have a good partner.”

“Why thank you” Donghae smirked and lead her at a fast pace as the song switched.

 

Eunhyuk looked to Skye who was staring mindlessly into her empty shot glass.

“Come on.” He grabbed her hand and lead her demandingly to the middle of the dance floor.

Skye followed politely but was more shocked when he pressed against her from behind, his hand inching close to her nether area. Skye gasped from the sudden contact and Eunhyuk grinned against her neck.

“Let’s give them a show, huh?” Skye caught the game he was playing and nodded her head agreeingly.

Eunhyuk’s eyes flicked up to catch Donghae looking at them. Tossing his boyfriend a teasing lip bit, he planted his lips on Skye’s neck and bit down softly. Skye wasn’t about to let Eunhyuk play the game alone, so in return she grinded herself against his groin, dipping lower between his legs.

 

Nini was quick to catch on and turned herself around, so her back was pressed firmly against Donghae’s chest. She wrapped her arms around his waist and slide down Donghae’s body slowly, rolling her neck as she did so before bumping her body back up so her rear pressed firmly into Donghae’s groin. Donghae held her hips and pulled her up. He ran his lips along her exposed shoulder, his eyes never leaving Eunhyuk’s.

 

Eunhyuk spun Skye around. Her legs on either side of his allowing her to roll her body down his. Eunhyuk lead her back up by the crook of her neck, his hand balling in her hair, tilting it back provocatively. He glanced over to Donghae and beckoned him to come to him.

Donghae obliged, biting his lower lip and pulling Nini behind him so she didn’t get eaten up by the dance floor. To save Nini from being sandwiched with Skye between the two teasing lovers, Jonghae scooped her from his hold and spun her into him.

Minseok dove in to rescue Skye from a very ually frustrated pairing.

 

Eunhyuk and Donghae faced one another, grabbing each others neck forcefully and moving their bodies in harmony to the song and with one another. Everyone’s eyes in the bar travelled between the two new formed couples and the two men grinding against one another.

 

“So…”

Nini was about to head back to the bar and order another drink till she was pulled into a circle with Skye, Minseok and Jongdae. She couldn't help but laugh at how different these two danced in comparison to Eunhyuk and Donghae. Minseok’s shook better than most girls on the dance floor where as Jongdae was in his own world, attempting to keep tempo with his hips. Skye joined along and matched Minseok’s dancing, two of them busting it out to a song Nini couldn’t place a name to. Rather than heading back and drowning in another shot she joined the odd trio and left her body sway to however the music made her move. As ridiculous as she felt she had never felt better.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

After dancing till their legs were wobbly they found comfort in drinking until they were so far gone no one would remember a stitch. At least, Skye and Nini did.

“Body shots!!!” Nini shouted, pushing Donghae back against the bar counter and fumbling to undo his shirt. Donghae laughed and made no protest as Nini finally relinquished his chest of the shirt. Skye laughed and nudged Eunhyuk.

“You too” Eunhyuk shook his head and took the liberty of ing his own shirt.

Both Nini and Skye cocked their heads sideways, eyeing up the two males with dropped jaws.

“want to touch them?” Eunhyuk smirked, appreciating the admiration from the two.

“or do you want to touch mine?” Donghae motioned to his own toned body and winked at the dumbfounded pair of girls. Skye was wasted enough to not give a second thought to their question. She bent over, running her hands down Eunhyuk’s chest until they met the dip below his navel. Nini chuckled and in turn did the same to Donghae before crouching between his legs and demanding a shot. Like that the shot was drizzled down Donghae’s body and onto Nini’s tongue.

“Another” She demanded, her lips.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Suho couldn’t take it much longer, the dead silence in the room was nearly suffocating. Even Dongwoo who was quite talkative was quiet. It could be possibly because he was stuck with Kyuhyun, aka Nini’s ex, Seohyun, Kyuhyun’s new girlfriend and Suho himself. He was essentially by himself in the room with no relation to anyone. Oddly Suho thought he would be the type to spike conversation with anyone but turned out even the most comfortable of people couldn't always spark a conversation.

To make the situation increasingly worse, Suho couldn't erase what he saw in the kitchen earlier that day. It made his insides churn. Not only was Kyuhyun toying with Nini’s heart, he was also toying with Seohyun’s. Not like Suho owed anything to Seohyun considering her suggestion to get them all to come here was a terrible and idea, but why should Suho let  Kyuhyun hurt yet another girl. Follow your heart.

Suho had a feeling Minseok’s advice was about to get him into a lot of trouble.

“Kyuhyun-ssi”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and grunted in response to Suho who was bent forward in his chair, resting his elbows on his knees.

“What is Nini to you?”

Seohyun’s eyes moved from her page to Kyuhyun beside her, apparently she was just as curious for the answer.

“An ex…”

“Nothing more?”

“Look Junmyeon...why are you digging through the past if you want a future with her. Don’t you think that is sort of destructive.” Kyuhyun’s words were sharp but his eyes never met Suho’s intense stare.

“You see, I would usually agree with you but I’m not too sure if it’s the past yet.” Suho pried passively because of course It wasn't his place to tell Seohyun about her boyfriend’s curiosity in his ex girlfriend.

“What are you trying to say Junmyeon-ssi? Can’t you see we are together now, their relationship is all but history.” Seohyun aided her boyfriend protectively.

“Maybe you are just feeling insecure with your relationship, or that you aren't good enough for her?” Kyuhyun added on, throwing a thankful look in Seohyun’s direction.

“I think I’ll be heading off to bed…” Dongwoo stood up, leaving his chair in the corner and bowing to the others before escorting himself out of the intensifying conversation.

 

“I think you’re mistaken, you aren’t good enough for her because I atleast have the courtesy to not play with her emotions.” Suho leaned backwards in his seat, cupping his hands on his knee.

“I don’t play with her emotions, I left her so she could move on. Which she did. I don’t see how that is playing with her emotions.” Kyuhyun groaned.

“So she just cries for no reason when she comes back from your room to return a book to Seohyun?” Suho finally threw some evidence into the ring.

“I thought you said it wasn’t a friendly encounter.” Seohyun looked up at Kyuhyun with dismay.

“He probably forgot to clarify which side was unfriendly.” Suho spoke eloquently, reclining back further.

“Listen to me.” Kyuhyun stood up and hovered over Suho with a threatening expression.

“You’re a guest here, so is she. I would suggest you don’t accuse the people who are hosting you.” Kyuhyun spat and turned to the kitchen on the mission to pour himself another glass of wine.

*~*~*~*~*

 

Curiosity kills the cat. It was a saying Dongwoo should have lived by because he wouldn't be faced with a dark staircase if he had. He shouldn’t have peaked over the rail and let his hat fall down into the pits of hell.

“Hello?” Dongwoo called down the stairs before inching himself down two steps.

“Anybody here?” He laughed at himself for saying such a thing. It was so cliche to ask but the spiral staircase leading down creeped him out especially with the glowing light coming up from the bottom of it. Continuing on to get his hat he found himself travelling into the light at the bottom.

“Hello?” he called out one more time, arching his neck around corners but spotted nothing. He let out a sigh and hopped down the last few steps to grab his hat and place it back a top of his head.

 

“CEO Jang?” A voice whispered from behind Dongwoo and he jumped at the sudden noise, screaming and turning anxiously to face the voice. In front of him was a very shocked Yunho, the man who cared for Seohyun’s house and was supposedly like a butler. A butler who lived in the basement. Trying to even out his breathing Dongwoo nodded and greeted him in a friendly voice.

“Sorry to scare you CEO Jang-”

“Dongwoo, just call me Dongwoo.”

“right… Dongwoo-sii, what brought you down here?” Yunho smiled with his hands folded politely behind his back.

“I just dropped my hat down the stairs, the conversation upstairs is pretty intense so I was wandering...I found this staircase, the one you live at the bottom of that is.”

Yunho chuckled and rushed him forwards.

“Come drink with us for a bit then, I owe you it for startling you.”

“us?” Dongwoo raised his eyebrows but entered the room he was ushered into.

 

“Dongwoo-ssi this is my close friend Shin Changmin. Changmin-ah this is CEO Jang Dongwoo of Solixir Co.” The man sitting on the couch in the room stood up and bowed. Dongwoo’s first reaction was their height, the pair towered over him. The next was that the man named Changmin looked like a stereotypical player, but a good looking one who probably had a great education and job.

“Nice to meet you Dongwoo-ssi” Changmin grinned and motioned to the whiskey on the table.

“Care for a drink?”

“Sure.” Dongwoo smiled and sat comfortably on the chair opposite to the couch.

“So Changmin-ah...you were saying why you came for a visit again.” Yunho spoke up and Dongwoo looked expectantly at the other.

“Let’s just say, another heartless girl.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Easy...easy there.” Minseok and Jongdae both held Skye up who insisted she could walk perfectly fine, but her drunk state plus the buildup of ice on sidewalks and roads was disastrous.

“I can walk Minseok”

“I know you can but if you do you’ll break an ankle.” Minseok laughed and her hair back as they walked inside the house.

“We’re back!” Jongdae announced and walked with Skye to the main livingroom.

“How much did they drink?” Kyuhyun asked as Nini stomped into the room with her heels in hand.

“I think they might have dried up the entire bar.” Jongdae laughed light heartedly.

“Nini, come on you need to sleep this off.” Donghae scooped Nini up and walked her towards her room. She wiggled in his arms but he managed to fend her clawing off, Eunhyuk following close behind.

“Uh shouldn’t you go rush to her aid?” Seohyun looked at Suho disapprovingly.

“He is gay, they both are… nothing will happen. I’ll let them take care of her well then i’ll go.” Suho smiled calmly and watched Skye curl up on the couch.

“Their home?” Dongwoo jogged up the stairs and into the room, trotting over to the couch Skye was on.

“Just in actually.” Minseok smiled at his friend.

“Dongwoo… you look silly.” Skye sat up straight after hearing his voice and looked at him with glazed eyes.

“You look silly, how much did you drink? He laughed and ruffled Skye’s hair earning himself a pout.

“Enough.” Skye mumbled through her girlish giggle.

 

“NO I AM NOT COMING BACK!” Nini stomped dramatically into the livingroom, her shoes still in hand.

“Nini, come on!” Donghae jumped from her doorway and cringed as the girl opened to speak.

“YOU! HOW DARE YOU EVEN DO THIS TO ME! I LOVED YOU, YOU KNOW? YOU PROMISED I’D SEE YOU LATER AT HOME BUT YOU LEFT. YOU ING LEFT LIKE THE COWARD YOU ARE. THEN YOU KISSED ME. HERE, YOU KISSED ME KYUHYUN, TWICE. NOT JUST THE GAME BUT THE OTHER NIGHT. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS DOES TO ME?!?” Nini shouted, tears forming in her eyes from her anger mixed with alcohol.

“YOU PINNED ME TO THE FRIDGE...WHAT IF I DIDN’T PUSH YOU AWAY KYU?...KYU LOOK AT ME.”

“Nini?” Changmin and Yunho stood behind the shouting girl in shock, but somehow Changmin managed to find his voice.

“Changmin???” Her voice was nothing more than a quiver.

“CHANGMIN?!” Skye looked passed Dongwoo in a state of horror, her face slowly dissolving into hatred.

“Skye…”

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Skye looked at him, her words laced with venom.

“I was invited.”

“WHO THE INVITED HIM?” Skye looked at everyone in the room. Everyone was stunned from the shouting girls, whose bold actions were fueled by raw emotion and alcohol.

“I did.” Yunho spoke up, standing beside Changmin.

“THE ING WEATHER MAN?” Skye flopped in her seat and buried her face in her hands.

 

Nini looked at Kyuhyun. He sat in the leather chair, rubbing his lips nervously while Seohyun sat beside him with slumped shoulders. Suho watched Nini protectively from a  distance. So they didn’t kiss in the kitchen… they kissed the other night.

“Nini...come on.” Donghae lead her towards his room, looking to Suho apologetically.

She followed weakly, allowing herself to be dragged.

 

“Skye how do you know Changmin?” Dongwoo looked at her, pushing her bangs from her face gingerly.

“He is my ex. the one who used me for but proclaimed he was in love. The one I let in but I shouldn’t have...he just used me instead.” Skye hissed bitterly and Dongwoo’s hand fell from her face. He stood stone cold and shocked.

“Dongwoo-ah, I should take her to bed. I’ll watch her tonight...ok?” Minseok grabbed Dongwoo’s shoulder firmly. He nodded slightly and Jongdae grabbed Skye, leading her down the hall.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Nini head throbbed. It felt like a million little people were inside her brain and were doing heavy construction work. She opened her eyes, letting her senses come to her. Once her eyes focused she found herself facing Donghae. Her hands pressed to his bare chest. Behind her was Eunhyuk, he bare body pressed along her back and his lower region growing and poking into her thighs. Quickly glancing down she found herself dressed but not in her own clothing. She was buried in Donghae’s soft black button up dress shirt from last night.

“Donghae...your boyfriend has a problem he needs help fixing.” She whispered softly before scrambling out of bed to the best of her abilities and running out in search of Skye who may have better recollection of last night. The longer she thought about it, the more her head hurt and all she had memory of was entering the bar. There was a large black spot in her memory and she needed some answer immediately.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Skye’s head was still spinning but luckily she managed to avoid the hangover headache and dodged the puking. She would have to thank her hardy genetics later. At the moment she realised she was stuck between Minseok and Jongdae. Both with their arms cocooning her in but reaching for one another. It was touching to witness the closeness they had developed but also uncomfortable to be between. She wiggled her body down the bed and between the bodies till she could place her feet on solid ground and stand up and walk. She tugged the sweater she was wearing down, only to notice it was one of Minseok’s. She glanced back to the bed and rubbed her head. What happened last night? She flung up the door in search of Nini.

 

Both girl’s came face to face with one another since the rooms they stayed in last night were parallel to one another. The both analyzed one another up and down before looking at each in the eyes. Skye’s short bobbed hair was spiked in every direction and Nini’s was tangled at her shoulders.

“You look like hell.” Nini spoked first.

“So do you.”

“What the hell happened last night?”

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” Skye rubbed the base of her neck tenderly.

“Everything is entirely blank to me.” Nini groaned as they walked down the hall to the kitchen.

“Tea?”

“Yes please.”

 

“Morning.” Suho greeted the two girls who spun on their heels with shocked expressions. On the couch sat, Kyuhyun, accompanied by Changmin and then Suho who was to Dongwoo’s left.

“Morning….” Nini spoked softly, gripping the counter for support.

“When did he get here and who invited him?” Skye looked at Changmin. The disbelievement returned to her face.

“Not this again” Changmin whispered under his breath.

“Your ex?Last night and Yunho did.” Dongwoo spoke up before Changmin had a chance to open his mouth again.

“really weather man...really.” Skye groaned and turned the element on for the kettle.

“You could at least say hi.” Changmin piped up.

“Hi.”

“Guess everyone has a lot of explaining to do.” Kyuhyun spoke softly.

“Yes, including you.” Seohyun walked into the room with a cold stare.

“If it wasn’t for the fact we are snowed in I would have sent everyone home already… but since we will be together for a bit longer. It’s time everyone gets to know each other.”

Everyone turned to look at her.

“I mean really know each other”


 


 

So who ould be better to aprty and dance with other than Eunhae?

No one.

SO MUCH AWKWARD BUT...DAMN WE ARE HITTING A TURNING POINT! and Changmin is officially back (I don't know for how long to be honest)

Also note: Changmin doesn't know Dongwoo is with Skye, Dongwoo just knows Changmin is her ex. 

expect pissed off Seo, confused Nini and Suho and Kyu ...sizing one another up.

BONUS FANART CH 21

so with that I bid you goodnight, I've been decorating my house with Christmas decorations all day (I need sleep) 

Love you all! THANKS FOR THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS!

~Authornim Skye