CH 20: 24 Hours

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

 

CH 20: 24 Hours


 

The love of our youth ended like that,

You have to be happy,

But I’m happy with you,

Even after time passed between us,

We still remember,

How our lips met,

We remember when we had each other,

but I want to have you still,

even if your won’t have me

 

The sunlight draped over them as the sun rose into the cold winter sky. Suho smiled , his eyes observing Nini. How her chest rose and fell and how every now and then her eyelashes would quiver, like she was resisting the urge to wake up.

It was interesting how 24 hours could change from where you were yesterday to where you stand today.

Suho brushed hair over her cheekbone and behind her ear. The ebony feeling like silk to the touch. Was it possible to feel so attached to some fragile girl so fast. Admittedly, she wasn't fragile, she was one of the strongest girls he had ever encountered but she was fragile. She was like a lily. The rain never hurts the pedals and someone with gentle hands can tend to the lily but if you're too rough, too careless, you can uproot the pretty white flower that opens up to bask in the suns rays.

He knew that there was someone still sleeping soundly who hurt her and it was that thought that assured Suho that he made the right choice to come. He thought she was crazy, masochistic even, to come to her ex’s girlfriend’s vacation home but he would support her decisions. No matter how brash they may seem, under the surface of insanity was a dim spark of hope.

It was similar to his feelings. He knew she was in love with Kyuhyun and maybe she always would be but, if he couldn’t have her, he wanted her to have him.

Should I confess to you Nini?

Suho smiled to himself once more, pulling the sheet up higher to cover her bare shoulder.

Maybe today will be the day.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

You can’t fix broken people,

You can’t erase their past,

But you can stay by their side,

You can stay by them with your scars bared

Theirs wounds open to you,

Because just being there,

That can become everything,

and everything previous no longer holds any meaning.

 

Dongwoo woke up to his face buried in a nest of blonde hair that tickled his nose. Opening his eyes brought back all of last night. The promise she made and that moment she gave in. She let it go. She dropped her chains that weight her down and followed herself, what both of their bodies had been demanding since the first moments they interacted. There was something healing about being around her. Dongwoo couldn’t describe this emotion and he decided he didn't want to. The best he knew was he like being with her, around her, lacing his fingers with hers, holding her hips, kissing her lips. He liked it. Not in a thirsty sense, it wasn’t a ual need that ached to be quenched but more so an attachment. A pull. If he was negative she was positive. If he was light she was dark. When he looked down at her, beads of water tracing her features while she clung to his shirt in the shower something in him said, I need you. I have always needed you and I finally found you.

Just like light and dark. One doesn’t exist without the other, and they both wouldn't exist if it weren’t for one another.

It wasn’t just the life or death circumstances that brought them together that made him feel this way. She was something far more than that. She made him smile. She spoke of the world like it was a piece of art. She laughed. She danced, even when she thought he wasn’t looking. Although she looked at the world and people like they were art, she was. Art was supposed to make you feel something, and he did.

A small amount of pressure fell to his lips.

“What are you thinking about.”

“Good morning.” He smiled, he was going to have to get used to her kissing him in the morning rather than screaming. But it was a welcomed change, one he certainly enjoyed.

“Good morning.” Skye whispered back, now rolled over into his chest.

“I was thinking about you by the way…”

“Oh?” Skye looked up at him. Her eyes were a mixture of silver, blue and green, and perhaps it was the first time Dongwoo saw them this clear, but he was lost entirely.

“I was...I was thinking about how I like being around you, kissing you, touching you…”

There was a pause and Dongwoo realized quickly how his words could sound.

“Please don’t misunderstand my words...I just mean, I like it. It feels nice, I-”

“I get it.”

Dongwoo was shocked, normally know one understood his rambling.

“I like it too, it feels nice. It feels warm. I don’t know how to describe it but...it feels like home. Something you want to return to everyday, something that shelters you from the cold winds and pouring rain.”

This was what he meant. She thought of the world as art.

He kissed her forehead as to say thank you for understanding me, no one else does.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

When the flames of fire that your hands feel cold,

You are being burned,

When the ice that grows on the tips of your finger ignite your skin,

You are being burned,

It’s a battle between fire and ice and which you choose to perish in,

But either way,

The war being fought is between your mind,

Not Fire or Ice.

 

Seohyun curled her hands into small fist in her pillow. Her eyes settled on the center of Kyuhyun’s back, which had been facing her all night. She tried to inch closer, but he moved further away, once even shoving her off. The book on the dresser didn't go unnoticed.

She had lent it to Nini yesterday in hopes of breaking some of the ice that had bridged between them. She didn't expect them to be friends, or close but she didn't intend on being  unfriendly to the girl. She was his ex, he had left her so what threat was she really. She had even moved on with Junmyeon.

But, that book, Kyuhyun’s coldness. It couldn't be a coincidence. Even if Seohyun wanted to believe it was nothing, something in her gut told her otherwise.

“Oppa…”

“Mmm”

“What happened last night.”

“What!?” Kyuhyun flipped around in the sheets, turning to face her his facial features pulled in and distraught.

“My book I lended Nini is back, did she say something to you?” Seohyun batted her lashes. Tell me you didn’t do anything stupid, tell me she said something wrong.

“oh...yeah, she wanted to give you your book back cause she read it. I open our room door and she shoved it at me.” Kyuhyun sighed.

“Oh...I know it’s hard for you to look at her Oppa, but you guys can heal this way.” She rubbed his arm, content with the fact her imagination had just conjured up the worst and in fact it was just a hostile encounter between the two. After that kiss Seohyun had been feeling unstable with their relationship. After Kyuhyun and her date yesterday she felt a bit better only for those feelings to be overturned by that bloody book.

Stay positive Seohyun. Stay positive.

She wasn’t about to let her over sensitive mind ruin what she has wanted since she was a little girl.

*~*~*~*~*

 

Dongwoo grinned at the girl he left in bed, he had some errands to run this morning. Chuckling to himself he ran into Nini on the stairs, dragging herself up the spiral.

“Morning Nini”

“Mm” Nini raised her hand above her head, waving Dongwoo a sloppy good morning, but Nini’s gruntish greeting couldn't throw off his mood.

 

Nini pushed open Skye’s door, closing it quietly before she flopped down on the bed. Within two strides she was able to move from the door to the bed and throw herself onto it, letting out a grunt.

Skye didn’t speak. She just looked surprised at her friend who kept her eyes squinted shut and rubbed her face repeatedly.

“Skye…”

“yeah?”

“What the has happened to our lives?” Nini dropped her arms to her side and remained on her back fixated on the ceiling.

“I don’t really know…”

Nini rolled over to her stomach so she could look at her trusted friend. The one who dropped everything, threw away a relationship and followed her to Korea because she was worried, angry and wasn’t about to let Nini have the adventure of a lifetime alone.

“Do you know what has happened since Kyuhyun left?”

“Besides you packing up everything and telling NOBODY where you went, no I haven't managed to fill in the gap.” Skye chuckled, pulling her knees up to her chest.

 

Nini began telling Skye about meeting Donghae and how he approached her in he subway because she looked lost. He happened to be going the same way and picked up his friend at the time, Eunhyuk, who was now better known as his boyfriend. The two of them attempted to take Nini under their wings but someone else had already set that ball in motion.

 

“I don't know why Junmyeon helps me, he just does. He packed my entire fridge because he knew I was a girl and I was alone and he wanted to make sure I was comfortable. He has talked to me everyday since I nearly hit him when he surprised me at my door.”

“You really make great impressions on people.” Skye laughed, now laying down beside Nini, both of them parallel to the bedframe.

“I know, but hey...you’re the one who followed me.”

“You left me with his bestfriend-”

“WHO YOU WERE SLEEPING WITH” Nini interjected.

“that’s besides the fact, I was not gonna let you romp around Korea alone, heartbroken and dazed.” Skye shoved Nini gently laughing at her.

“Well even if you didn’t find me right away, I’m glad you’re here.” Nini laughed with Skye.

“So what is with you and Junmyeon anyways?”

“I don’t really know…”

“Oh?”

“Yeah...let’s not think about him, what happened to you when I left?”

Skye obliged and left the touchy ‘Junmyeon’ subject alone.

“Well...Changmin and my relationship turned into nothing but . I was completely blinded by the fact I just wanted someone to love me that I didn’t realize it wasn’t love. I tried to let him redeem himself but in the end I broke it off and left that night. I cut my hair off in an airport bathroom.”

“I was going to say, I forgot to mention I like your hair.” Nini smiled but encouraged her to continue.

“Then next thing I knew I was in Korea, lost at night, soaked by the rain, dying from the cold and nearly flattened by a car…”

“YOU WHAT?”

“I almost got hit by a car, but that’s when I met Dongwoo. He scooped me up off the cement, brought me home, warmed me up and I’ve been living with him ever since. Minseok is his house attendant and kind of like my big brother.”

Nini looked at her with her jaw unhinged.

“Can we go back to the part where you said the rich CEO guy with a weird face saved you from nearly getting killed.”

“I know, kind of a hard one to wrap your mind around right?”

 

Both girls let out a deep sigh. This was far off from what they expected entering college would be like. but their lamenting was interrupted by the guy Nini claimed to have a weird face.

 

“Oh uh...sorry” Dongwoo grinned awkwardly, holding his hands behind his back.

“Don’t worry you aren’t interrupting anything.” Nini spoke in a monotone voice that was meant to be welcoming but shook Dongwoo a bit.

“I’ll be fast anyways.” Dongwoo chuckled nervously and walked over pulling out a phone from behind his back.

“I bought it for you. I know you need some way to communicate with your family...and err well you can contact me now too, on your own...without Minseok’s phone.” Skye was taken back but also delighted. Taking the phone in her hand she pulled him down and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Thank you” She held him for a couple more seconds before realizing, she would have to eventually contact her mom. Sensing her nervousness Dongwoo continued on with his good news.

“I also finalized paperwork that was delivered by express shipping to your mom. One letter says you got a job in Korea and the date was immediate so that would give you an excuse to not see your mom before immediate departure. The second is a phone contract saying that your phone in unable to be accessed in Korea. So a phone cancellation slip. Minseok looked in your passport and well, we did a lot of digging and found your mother’s address.” Dongwoo rubbed the back of his neck with his eyes creased into slivers.

“I don’t know if he is a genius or insane.” Nini piped up.

“You...thank you for clearing up some trouble for me but why?”

“I figured, the less trouble you’re in the better chance I get of keeping you around.” Dongwoo smiled shamelessly and though he felt embarrassed his words melted her.

“Thank you...again”

Dongwoo continued smiling and crept back out of the room.

 

“Should I call my mom?” Skye swallowed hard and looked over to Nini.

“Better now than never.”

“Have you even called your Mom?” Skye rolled her eyes.

“Uhh, I have talked to her but I am waiting for her to just show up one day and try to drag me home.”

“Right so I’m going to try and prevent that from happening to me.”

 

Skye dialed the number knowing the long distance charge would kill her but she needed to get this over with.

When the other end picked up Skye felt her heart stop.

“Mom?”

“SKYE BRIANNE HANNA WHAT THE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?!”

“Mom I’m sorry I couldn't call sooner. The job was unexpected and they sent a man to Canada to me even. I’m fine but my phone didn’t work in Korea and then got water damage.”

“Do you know how sick I have made myself?”

“I know, I’m sorry”

“My baby girl is so far away from me”

“Mom, it’s a really good job, and you knew I wanted to come here.”

“But when will I get to see you?” Skye paused. She hadn’t thought about it...she forgot about Christmas, she forgot about all of those moments she would be missing.

“Mom… I’ll try to come home from Christmas ok?”

“Promise?”

“Promise…”

“God, you stupid girl, why do you do this to me?”

“I’m sorry Mom, I’ll email you daily. I love you.”

“Be careful.”

“I will.”

“I love you too.”

“Bye…”

Skye hung up the phone and wipes the tears that were starting to form in her eyes. Nini looked down at her own hands, fiddling with her fingers.

“The worst part about that was her willingness to forgive me for leaving without saying anything.” Skye fell back on the bed, the air forced out of her lungs upon impact with the fluffy surface.

 

The longer Nini reflected on their strange turn of events, the more she felt the need to sooth over the pain and the trauma they have endured. If there was anyone who would support her decision it was Lee Donghae. He would be all for doing something on the irresponsible side. Such as going out and drinking till you can’t tell the difference between ceiling and ground.

“Skye!” Nini popped up into a seated position on the bed excitedly, her plan finalizing in her mind.

“mhm?” Skye grumbled, now with her face stuffed into a pillow.

“Let’s drink.”

“It’s only noon”

“Not now, tonight.”

“You honestly think getting drunk again in the house would be a smart idea because I have managed to not mention the fact you kissed your ex a couple days ago…”

Nini froze. Her lips twitching to say his name and remembering how he had pressed his lips to her in such a feverish manner last night.

“speaking of Kyuhyun…. I kissed him again…”

“when?” Skye sat up now, dropping the pillow from her face and her eyebrows  angled upwards in utter confusion.

“Last night...on Seohyun’s bed.”

Skye remained quiet and it was entirely unnerving to Nini. She had to atleast say something. Rather she started to laugh, and that small giggle turned into an all out gut wrenching laughing fit. Skye toppled off the bed from rolling back and forth clutching her midriff.

“I can’t breathe…” She gasped for air through her constant laughter.

“You...made out with your ex...on his girlfriend’s bed. Everyone else go home, you take the award for the best act of revenge this year.”

“Would you stop. I already feel guilty enough as it is.”

“Oh? do you?” Skye’s veil of laughter dropped as she looked up at Nini seriously.

“Yeah, especially when I woke up to Suho cradling me on the bed. I had originally passed out crying in the hallway.” Nini murmured.

“So you and Junmyeon are something…”

“Suho and I are-”

“Nini he lets you call him by a different name, he picks you up and brings you to bed, he pretty much cherishs the ground you walk on.”

“I don’t know what we are, have you labelled you and Dongwoo?” NIni threw the ball back into Skye’s court, causing her to think.

“No...because I don’t know what we are.”

“See?” Nini groaned and stood up adamantly.

“We are drinking and Donghae and Eunhyuk are going to be our supervisors.” Nini demanded before walking out the door to purpose the idea.

“WAIT! Can I grab Minseok?”

“mmm” Nini mumbled from down the stairs in response to Skye’s yelling.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Before startling her two love bird friends awake Nini opted to make herself a cup of tea. Tea was always her fall back to clear her mind and today was no exception.

Turning around the corner before the kitchen she was startled by a far too familiar voice.

“Good morning Nini” Kyuhyun looked up from under his bangs and swept them side way, his trademark smirk creeping up his lips. Nini gave herself a shake before proceeding to step into the kitchen.

“Good morning.” Don’t think about the kiss don’t-

She felt an arm snake around her waist and immediately Nini froze, her body spinning and her shoulders pinned stiff to the fridge.

Kyuhyun lurched over her to make up for their height difference. His forehead was inches from her’s and his dark eyes looked at her directly. Nini left her lower lip quiver as his breath brushed against her skin. Not being able to stand the steady eye contact Nini looked down. Her eyes falling to her fingers knotted in his white cashmere sweater. She dropped her hands and looked at her toes. Moving them nervously against the cold wood panel.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Suho had spent the better part of the morning repeating different ways to confess to Nini. None of the ways he recited it sounded casual or even human, he sounded downright robotic.  Asking Jongdae for help was damn near useless since the man had not one serious bone fragment to his body, and if he did Suho had never found it. Minseok was equally as useless,instead of creating a solid confession Minseok kept giving him advice. Follow your heart, it’s always right. If he had followed his heart he would be miles away from this house and buried in a pile of snow. Because for some reason the thought of confessing made his heart race and sent every nerve on edge. He wanted to run. But Suho was a stubborn man, and one of his word and promises...even if they were to himself.

 

Suho ruffled his hair and rounded the corner to the kitchen, but once he stepped into the daylight that illuminated the living space and kitchen he took a step backwards again.

Not a hundred percent willing to accept what his eyes saw was real, he peaked around the corner again.

It was real, and no matter how fast he blinked or how hard he rubbed his eyes, Nini was standing there with Kyuhyun pressed against the fridge. They were there, clear as day and Suho wasn’t fully ready to accept that there was a possibility Kyuhyun would go back to Nini. He turned away, hoping he could forget what he saw and that his heart didn’t ache as much as it did.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“You left me Kyuhyun…” Nini found the will within herself to shrug him off and continue down the hall to Eunhyuk and Donghae’s room without looking back.

She flung the door open, though she knew that entering their room unannounced could he hazardous she needed some sort of escape from what just happened. The emotions were raw, and her heart felt like it had been jolted back to life. It felt as though it pumped a bit harder and pulsed a bit faster.

“Uh...Nini?” Donghae looked up from the bed he was sprawled on with a curious expression on his face.

“Sorry, I’m…”

Eunhyuk wriggled his way into his shirt before tossing a concerned look to Donghae and back to Nini.

“Do you two want to go out and party tonight? With me and Skye...and Minseok and Jongdae I think.” Nini stood firmly, her tone was nearly demanding.

“Well sure, but-”

“I know where we can go, it’s not too far but you will need to call a cab...well I will actually, you know what I’ll handle this.” Donghae jumped up off the bed from his rambling and strolled over to Nini, pressing his forehead to hers.

“Don’t worry, we got you, prepare yourself for a good night.” Donghae chuckled.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Yeah, I’ll pick you up from the airport and I told you she said it was fine if you came here regardless if she has guests, besides...one of them is Kyuhyun.”

“Yunho...you have to be kidding me.Kyuhyun is at that house and you tell me once I’ve landed in Japan?” Yunho chuckled at the younger males tense tone.

“I thought you two were buddies, I mean after all you went with him to Canada.”

“Yeah, then I told his girlfriend that he left and why after he made me swear not too he is going to wring my neck man.” Changmin sighed dramatically and plopped down in one of the airport chairs.

“Just come get me, I might as well not prolong my death.” Changmin groaned and rolled his eyes when Yunho laughed in response.

“See you soon.” Yunho hung up on the other end disconnecting the call.

“Yeah...see ya.”

Damn it Cho Kyuhyun...don’t kill me.






 

 

 


 

Okay, I love poem intros and you'll notice I do this at every turning point chapter or so, when there is character development. 

So lots of JunNI, SeoKyu and Dye feels going on there. 

It when you start to ship Nini and Suho, and I still don't ship Seohyun and Kyuhyun.*dramatic sigh*

Dye *well it's my own personal ship which being a character is quite interesting*

uhm...poor Suho baby? and well yay

I really loved the back and forth between Skye and Nini which hasn't happened in a while because of the plot, so yay bonding time...to be followed up by drunk bonding. *WOOT!*

and *drumroll*

CHANGMIN IS BACK....

be getting dramatic (well emotionally for the characters I still have a lot of drama planned)

so wait for the next chapater with drunk Nini, Skye, Eunhae and Xiuchen!!! Leggo!

***that gif of Changmin...yeah it matchs hi face for the last line**

 

 

BONUS!!!

Ch 19 Fanart

Ch 20 Fanart.

 

 

so with that said....

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

~Authornim!