CH 3: Bold

Damn It Mr.Cho *PAUSED*

 

What Skye had thought would be a girls night out had abruptly transformed into a one girl party for Nini. As per usual with every friend Skye had ever had, she was the assigned designated driver, which irked her to no end but she wasn’t one to argue with drunk people. Besides Nini had already gulped down half a bottle of her liquor and a beer and they hadn’t even left her house yet.

“You know, damn Mr. Cho! I mean who in the hell invited him into my life anyways?” Nini rambled, clutching her purse and holding the railing to steady herself down the four steps to the main landing.

“uh..” Skye tried to answer her nonsensical question only to be interrupted by more rambling.

“I mean, he can’t always he perfect, right? I mean he has to have some horrible flaw that would be him extremely undesirable right?” Nini looked at Skye with dark glazed eyes, searching for some sort of reassurance. Skye simply rolled hers and grabbed Nini’s shoulders, turning her out the door.

“Whatever you do Nini, do not throw up, I mean my car isn’t the most beautiful thing but it’s still mine and I rather not have your bodily chunks spewed everywhere, okay?” Skye swung herself into the driver’s seat, nimbly turning the key in the ignition, revving old Carino to life. Yes she named her car, but only because it needed a name to be loved and without a name she may have dreaded driving around the 1999 bred car with dull red paint.

Nini let out a mumbled yes before jacking up her I-pod and blasting the volume up in her car. Skye’s eye twitched at the sheer volume before she could adjust to it and begin reversing out onto the street. This is going to be a long night Skye Hanna, so prepare yourself for it. Skye inhaled deep, and focused on the road ahead instead of paying attention to the little asian girl bobbing her head to the music beside her.

 

Nini felt like she was in a cloud, and fuzzy cloud and she had no chance of falling off. She could see straight, hell she could even think straight. Yet it was so much easier to focus on the cloud she was tiptoeing on than think about her emotions and rational thinking. The music was a nice addition to the fuzzy haze, it just blanked out the remaining senses and the down beat of the music drummed to the rhythm of her heart beat. It was fabulous really. It was fabulous because through all this dizzying haze, she had managed to avoid all thoughts of one Mr. Cho Kyuhyun.

She watched Skye’s clenched white knuckles on the steering wheel. She seemed a bit more tense than usual, and it wasn’t because she had to drive Nini, there was absolutely something else bothering her, but what? She couldn’t read her this time, possibly because she was intoxicated but needless to say Skye’s sour expression was disturbing.

The street lights blurred rapidly by the windows entering the city. It was a quick change from near darkness to thousands of colorful lights harassing your eyesight. Skye swerved around a man stumbling across the road and eagerly pulled into the underground parking lot.  Nini braced herself as Skye abruptly jerked the wheel, pulling into a narrow parking space and jamming the car into park.

“That was grand theft auto driving” Nini’s eyes were wide as she furiously blinked, unbuckling her seatbelt.

“You may have a knack for Starcraft but I am seriously bad at street racing games” Skye chuckled, her face transforming and blossoming into a huge smile. Nini couldn’t grasp the transformation that occurred. Three seconds ago she was driving like an enraged mad woman and now she was laughing and showcasing her white pearly teeth.

 

Skye honestly had no idea what had made her agree to coming to this bar.

“Skye please, I know it’s an odd favor but I want to see her…”

She slammed the car door clicking her remote until old Carino sounded his alarm.

“but isn’t that against school policy?”

Skye walked towards the underground elevator and pressed the up arrow, waiting for it to return to their floor. Nini was babbling about something but the only thing plaguing her mind was how she could literally tear and shred her friend’s life. Then again she could make it immensely better, all because she agreed to be an accomplice for some extra credit.

“I know but I can give you extra credit, I just need to see her outside of here…”

The elevator doors opened and the two stepped inside together. Nini’s brown eyes were looking at Skye suspiciously and Skye could feel it but she didn’t have the nerve to ruin the plan when she had gone through with it this far.

“Fine, just don’t hurt her”

Her last words were to be taken as a threat and she would follow through on her threat if anything happened to Nini. Please don’t hate me.

 

Nini walked into the bar, the strobe lights swaying around the room, bouncing off bodies as the temperature rose from the movement. The base shook the bar tables and the smell of alcohol tainted the air. She walked forward, hoping Skye was still behind her. She parted the room and directly headed towards the center of the dance floor.

“Excuse me” Nini’s voice fell flat when the man she had her hand on turned around and looked at her with the most handsome smile she had ever seen in her life. All things taking into considerations…this wasn’t the first time she had seen this smile.  It had to be the alcohol talking; it couldn’t be Mr.Cho’s hands that so tentatively curled around her waist. It wasn’t Mr. Cho whose breath was tracing her neck. She couldn’t even assemble his words into a coherent sentence.

There she was, looking up at him with big startled eyes. Her bottom lip trembled and her eye lids fluttered, tracing the contours of his face. Skye must have kept her half of the deal because Nini was utterly clueless.  He had no idea where he began to have this fond feeling for his student, but she made his heart pick up its pace. If he was to guess it was probably the day he walked into the English room only to meet her eyes. The way she looked back at him. The soft rose flush that graced her round cheeks or maybe the way she nervously blinked when he addressed her.

“Mr. Cho…” He exhaled as she spoke his name. He could listen to the way she lingered on his name but he much rather prefer to be on a first name basis.

“Call me Kyuhyun, please” He smiled, lifting her chin slightly before a hand clapped the back of his head.

“YAH! Were you going to introduce me or just drool on her?” Changmin.  He growled at the back of his throat, standing to face his friend.

“Nini Nguyen this is Shim Changmin, the largest a-“

“Probably the greatest human being you will meet”

“Sorry she has already met me” Skye actually stayed. Kyuhyun was positive she would have left Nini here with him, but I guess she had little trust in him. Couldn’t blame her, he bribed her with extra credit to drag a young student to a bar where he would be conveniently.

 

Nini’s eyes darted to the blonde who now stood shoulder to shoulder with her, her eyes glaring back at the oddly tall Asian man beside Mr.Cho - Kyuhyun.  She couldn’t process what was happening. Kyuhyun was right here in the bar she came out to for girl’s night. She had been focusing on drowning out her thoughts of him and all at the same time, all of these hidden thoughts rushed back and the feeling in her stomach returned ten times stronger.  It made her feel ill, maybe it was the alcohol, not him, but her hand rose to rest on Kyhyun’s shoulder and leaned into him for some support.

“Changmin why don’t you go get some drinks with Skye…”Changmin’s eyes flew to meet his young friend’s. The last thing he had planned on doing was babysitting some tiny blonde who would probably like nothing more than to kick his shins. Yet to his surprise the blonde who he thought would kick his shins, had linked arms with him and was tugging him towards the bar. Well this was an odd turn in events, Surly this was one for the records.

“For a guy with long legs you walk slow”

“Pardon?”

“Hurry up?” Man she was awfully annoying and demanding, she didn’t even know him. For a generally relaxed looking girl she was all strung out.

 

Finally. Kyuhyun looked back to Nini and moved and arms length away from her. He looked at the blonde twisted with her black curls and the makeup lining her lashes. The way the sparkly shirt fell to her hips and the boots that cuffed over her jeans.

“You look amazing” He felt a smile creep onto his face as her’s reddened. He wanted to hold her closely and kiss her plush lips, but why did he even feel this so strong about her. He was going to go mad.

“Kyuhyun, did you plan to be here, did you know I was coming?” Nini spoke quickly, her words blending together rapidly, her eyes refusing to meet his in shame.

“Yes” She looked up at him shocked.“I wanted to know you away from the college, where we are just two people…” Why was he being so forward? How could he be so hasty?

 

He wanted to know her outside of school? If this was a joke or dream it need to end right here before her heart exploded.  She shouldn’t have drunk so much, maybe everything would seem clearer, but she could see him, and she could feel his hands that were linked with hers.

“okay”

“what?”

“Get to know me outside of school” Nini felt empowered, bold even. She could take control of this, he wanted to know her and she wasn’t going to let the most perfect man she had ever laid eyes on slip away from her grasp without trying. She normally wouldn’t, it was entirely outside of her comfort zone but it was Mr. Cho Kyuhyun that she was dealing with.

“then dance with me, and I will” Kyuhyun knew he was pushing his luck but he wanted to hold her close, and the music was suffocating his common sense.  He grabbed Nini’s waist tugging her closer,she gasped but giggled as her nose hit his chest.

His smirk was beautiful. It was not nearly as beautiful as his smile but when he was smirking at her because of her clumsiness it had an entire new innocence added to it. God he was beautiful, and she wasn’t sure if that was wrong to think of her teacher but he was just a man. She needed to stop thinking of him as a teacher. He was Kyuhyun, here and now…not Mr.Cho.

 

“How did you even get dragged into this mess?” Changmin nursed the drink in his cup, leaning propped on the bar and intently observing the fidgeting blonde.

“I needed extra credit, he is my teacher” Chnagmin had to contain his drink in his mouth for nearly choking when she spoke. She was his student? She looked years older than Nini, not as though it was a bad thing but even the way she acted seemed older. Not as innocent as Nini, though maybe it’s just how Nini looked and this one was tougher.

“What are you looking at?” Skye glanced up at Changmin, who from the moment she met him she wanted to slap,  She really and no rational reason why she wanted to hit the giant bean poll but she did.

“A very bitter white girl” Changmin snickered nudging her side.

“That’s the best you got? Seriously, we are going to start calling racial names” Skye rolled her eyes and shook her head at the boyish man.

“Not like you could do better, besides aren’t we here for our friends who so nicely drag us out?”

“I was bribed into this you on the other hand were dragged.”

“Will you ever just agree with what I say? Or are you one of those argumentative types?”

“I’m not argumentative, you just piss me off” Chnagmin almost slipped off the bar stool from her abrupt words.

“I piss you off? Why?” He felt himself tense up, she had no reason to dislike him. NO one dislikes him, he was charming and witty and funny, not to mention handsome.

“I was joking, god someone is self centered” Skye nudged Changmin and the barstool slipped right from under him, sending all six foot something tumbling to the ground. Skye couldn’t hold in her laughter, because the sight of seeing the very arrogant man flat on his back and hair tussled out of place from tumbling off a bar stool was too funny to not laugh at.

It was after she helped Changmin to his feet that she realized Kyuhyun and Nini were nowhere in sight.  She wouldn’t have…

“They left?!” Skye’s mouth gapped open in distress.

“I mean when hormones come knocking…” Skye lifted her hand to smack Changmin’s chest, causing him to flinch.

“God Damnit Mr. Cho!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN:

OH GOD! I don't know if I even like the chapter myself. Hopefully you guys like this? It's over 2000 some odd words,a dn I PROMISE the story will get better. There is A LOT planned for this story!!! So please anticipate and comment.

Thank you! <3