meeting the director.

soft kisses, harsh words.

[[to understand more, please read my first story "Song and Key " this is a sequel to that story.]]

 

MeiXing's POV

 

I finish YuNa’s hair and secure it in place.

She coughs, “I hate hairspray.”

“I always tell you not to actually breath it in,” I sigh and she rolls her eyes.

“When you spray that much it’s hard not to.”

I flick her at the crown of her head.

“I don’t have to do your hair you know. You asked me too.”

Her attitude changes.

“MeiXing, goddess of style, please forgive a beggar like me. I can’t compare to your talents in the field of beauty and singing. Have mercy on me,” she bows her head and I laugh at her.

“What’s going on?” Minho asks walking in on our session.

“I’m making YuNa even more beautiful,” I smile.

He looks at her and his jaw drops.

“YuNa?”

She blinks at him.

“I start my first day of writing today.”

He leans forward, “So it is you.”

She rolls her eyes, “Aish~ just because I’m wearing makeup and MeiXing fixed my hair doesn’t mean you have to act like this.”

He pokes her cheek and she flinches.

“Really Minho?” she says distressed.

“What is all of this for?”

She sighs, “I have to meet the director today and properly introduce myself.” She points down at her feet. “I can’t stop shaking.”

He smiles at her, “Good luck.”

She clenches both fists. “Hwaiting!”

I wish these two would get together, they’d be so cute.

 

YuNa's POV

 

I hold the edge of my sleeves and knock on the door that stands before me. By the way, it’s huge. Not as big as the SM building itself, but it might as well be.

A soft voice welcomes me in.

“And you are?” the woman sitting behind a desk asks as soon as I walk thought the door.

“Jung YuNa, I was to meet the director,” I say staying put five centimeters from the door I just entered.

“Jung-Yu-Na,” the woman repeats looking at a pile of papers on her desk. “The director can see you now.”

I nod and walk towards the door one the other side of the room.

“You can open it, he won’t bite you,” the woman jokes.

But this is no laughing matter. If the director doesn’t like me he’ll cut me and then where am I? I’ll be walking every dog in Seoul just so I can pay for rent.

I knock on the door and then push it open.

“Who are you?” the middle aged man asks when I walk in.

Why can’t these people look at the itineraries they write?!

“Jung YuNa, I’m the new writer for SM,” I say bowing a full ninety degrees.

“Ah, I’m sorry I thought you were a trainee. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen you before. Please sit,” he says motioning to a chair by his desk.

I take a seat and then look at him…what am I doing?

“So you are the writer Mr. Lee assigned for the new summer program?”

I nod my head.

“How did you hear about it? We were just talking about the idea a few weeks ago.”

I bite my lip. “My roommate is a stylist for your company.”

“Roommate? Who does she style?”

I try not to pause but I can’t help it. I can’t let him find out about MeiXing and Key. “SHINee,” I mutter.

“Ohm, that stylist. You know there was a scandal surrounding her and the previous manager?”

I nod my head. I think I know more than you do on that subject.

He nods his head, “The manager actually resigned. I’m kind of glad that he did, he was a pain to work with.”

I readjust myself in my chair.

“So about your assignments, I want to be very clear.”

I lean forward to hear.

“You need to make sure that nothing leaks out. If you slip up once, I’ll have no choice but to drop you and the summer program. If I can trace one leak to you it’s all gone.”

I swallow.

“The whole program?”

He nods.

“I’m already a bit partial on such a risky idea but Mr. Lee had his heart set on it.” He sits back in his chair. “If all else fails I could hire you as a trainee.”

I look up at him and look him in the eyes.

“I am more than ready for anything you throw at me.”

He laughs. “You’ve got spirit, I like that. Really though, such a pretty girl as a writer for SM seems a bit excessive. We will always have a trainee spot open for you.”

I bow and stand up.

“You can trust me. I will do everything in my power to keep these boys safe.”

--

“He approved? You’ll start your assignments tomorrow. Use today to get used to the building,” Mr. Lee told me when I went to his office.

I already know this massive place pretty well, if worst comes to worse I can call MeiXing or Minho right?

I change into the hoodie I brought just in case if it was cold on the way home. “Use the practice room if you like,” was what Minho told me when he found out that I used to dance. I brush out the ridiculous hairspray and let my hair hang.

The practice room is on the third floor…I think.

 

Taemin's POV

 

“YuNa’s pretty cute, don’t you think?” Minho says in a daze watching the dancers practice.

I wave my hand in front of him. “Are you serious?”

He half smiles. “Of course, she maybe small but she’s got a cute personality.”

For some reason I just want to hit this guy.

“I think MeiXing is prettiest,” I snort and turn back to the dancers.

“You’re just biased because you met her first; the funny thing is it’s just in your head.”

I look at him questioningly.

He laughs at me.

“Oh, look at that dancer go,” I say pointing at a girl dancing alone on the other side of the room.

“Is she an idol?” Minho asks.

Her hoodie is so oversized that it covers right above her knees and only her fingertips hang out of the sleeves.

Minho jumps up and wanders over to her. He starts to talk to her and she laughs shaking her head franticly. He smiles and turns the stereo to “Replay.” They start with the choreography and she moves flawlessly. When they get to the chorus she changes the moves to flow better with a female body. It takes about a minute to register that she’s dancing my part for the rest of the song.

I laugh to myself. Is that an invite to join them?

I jump up and start to dance side by side with her.

The song ends but Lucifer starts to play right after. I try sneaking peaks at the girl but her hood is in the way too much. She hits all of the moves and adds a few of her own, moon walking during the transition period in the chorus. Still, she’s dancing my parts and I start to wonder if she knows I’m here.

She whips her hair and knocks down her hood. Without seeming to notice she continues to dance until the song it over.

“Oh wow, I didn’t know you could do that,” Minho says to her giving her a high-five.

“Sorry, that was a bit big headed to dance your song with you,” she says bowing and covering her face.

“No way, you’re amazing. Who knew?!”

The girl laughs. “Where do you think MeiXing learned everything? That girl’s got two left feet.”

I look at her. “YuNa?”

She turns. “Taemin! I’m sorry, I didn’t even realize you were there,” she says face turning red. “I’m sorry I only know your parts.” She looks down and plays with her fingers.

I suddenly feel a little nervous.

“Where did you learn to dance like that?”

She lifts her hood up embarrassed. “Here and there, mostly from watching videos of other dancers….”

“You should try out for a trainee position,” I say in awe.

She drops her arms as if her hands suddenly weighed a ton each.

“That’s not what I want to do with my life.”

She turns to Minho and thanks him for whatever reason.

“I have to go, my apartment still need some work.”

She leaves with so much sass that even I feel upset.

“I didn’t start it this time,” I tell Hyung.

He shakes his head.

“YuNa wants to be a choreographer. She has ever since she was little but her parents wouldn’t let her. So now she’s trying to find a way to protect dancers. She told me if she can’t teach them then she might as well help them.”

I look at him in awe. “And why do you know that?”

“Not only does she look like my cousin, but she is also the little sister of my Hyung’s best friend.”

My mouth drops, “How is that possible?”

“When her family used to visit Korea they would stay at her aunt’s house, which is next to mine. We used to play in the dirt together, weird isn’t it?”

I stare at him, “small world.”

“You’re telling me. She thought it was just a coincidence that I and the Minho in SHINee had the same surname.” He shakes his head, “To be honest, I forgot about her until she showed up in Seoul a few weeks ago.”

These two are meant for each other. Somehow I feel sick.

__________________

i hope you're likeing the developments. lots of foreshadowing in this chapter.

i don't know how everyone else writes, but i've been listining to SHINee non-stop while writing this chapter. especially their first album. "romatic" and "best place"  might stop working soon. If you don't know these songs i strongly suggest that you look em up on youtube or where ever. until next time.

much love,

meng