the apartment.

soft kisses, harsh words.

[[to understand more, please read my first story "Song and Key " this is a sequel to that story.]]

 

YuNa's POV

 

From the very beginning, I knew bringing these boys to our apartment could be a love fest…but seriously MeiXing, have you lost it?

I look over at Taemin who’s running up the steps just as fast as I am. Of course KiXing are much further ahead, but who wants to be the last person up these steps?

“Shortie, why don’t you just take the elevator?” he patronizes me.

That does it.

I start running up the steps two at a time.

“At least I look like a girl because I am one,” I yell back at him and continue the chase up the steps.

When I get to the top MeiXing is sitting cross-legged on the floor pouting.

“What happened?” I ask looking at the two.

“Kibum stuck his hand out just so he could win.”

I tilt my head.

“And the problem with that is?” it’s not like the outcome would be any different. He’s going to ask for your kiss and if you had won you would ask for his…so what’s the big deal?

“He’s a cheater,” she whines.

Key laughs at her as Taemin walks up the stairs nonchalantly like he didn’t run the past few flights.

“What’s going on?” he asks.

“Mei is being over dramatic,” I say but he act as if he doesn’t hear.

“Let’s go,” Key says helping MeiXing up.

“Which do you live in?” Taemin asks MeiXing pointing at the different rooms.

“This one,” she says unlocking the door to what we now call our home.

The two of them stop dead in the doorway, denying me entrance.

“There are so many boxes,” Key says dumbfounded.

“We moved our stuff in a day and a half ago,” MeiXing explains.

“How did you keep this all in a hotel?” Taemin mutters.

“Well, we had a storage locker. A lot of this is stuff that our parents sent to us when they realized we were going to be living here for more than just a few months,” I say and then they remember I’m still here. Honestly I feel like the third wheel sometimes, even though there are four of us.

They take a step forward allowing me in.

“So where do we start?” Key asks looking about the entrance way.

“Basically where ever; if you find a box of YuNa’s, please put it in her room.” Mei points to a closed door. “And my room is that one,” she nods to the room on the other side.

Luckily we have all of our cloths and embarrassing things already in place…in our drawers.

 

Taemin's POV

 

I open a box and ruffle through it’s contents hoping to learn its owner.

I pick up an album of CDs ranging Big Bang to Mad Soul Child to Epic High. I dig deeper and find a photo book. The first picture is of MeiXing a how to book. I flip the page and see a really cute girl with wavy hair and a spoon in while holding a bowl of ice-cream.

I laugh at the picture. It must be one of their friends. I wish this girl had come to Korea instead of YuNa, she’s much prettier.

“What’ve you got there?” YuNa says jumping so that she can see over my shoulder.

I snap the book shut.

“That’s mine, so why are you being protective of it?” she asks jerking her head so that her bun bounces left and right.

“Nothing.”

She looks at me weirdly, “That doesn’t actually answer my question.” She takes the book and puts it on the bookshelf.

“Can I ask what kind of book MeiXing was reading in that first picture?” I ask before I really think.

She looks lost and then bursts into laughter. “That was a how to book “Dancing: for dummies.”

“But isn’t MeiXing a good dancer? I saw her dance at her birthday party and she was flawless,” I say in her defense.

“MeiXing has two left feet,” she says shortly.

I guess I made a face because she yells at MeiXing. “MeiMei, can you dance?”

God NO!” she yells in English. “I only know a few dances because I learned them from the internet and to show you that I could.”

YuNa holds her hand up in a ‘there-you have-it’ way.

“Want some tea?” she asks shrugging.

“What kind are you making,” I ask not realizing my thirst until now.

She pushes her glasses up. “I’m making green. My allergies are getting the better of me so I’m making peppermint tea too.”

Hmmm, peppermint tea? “I’ll try the peppermint,” I say and then realize it was a bit too friendly.

“I’ll be back soon, it’s only tea bags.” She shuffles her feet against the floor and too the kitchen.

…So, who’s box is this again?

It’s about five minutes later when decide that determining the owner of this box by these object is pointless. It’s a bunch of girly stuff belonging to one of two girls.

I walk towards the kitchen hoping to find MeiXing first.

No such luck.

“Hold it,” YuNa whispers grabbing my wrist.

A sickening sensation begins to boil in my stomach and I look at YuNa with eyes that could kill, but she’s not look at me so she doesn’t even notice.

“I wouldn’t go any further if I was you.”

I roll my eyes wishing that she would let go.

“KiXing is having a reward ceremony in the kitchen,” she says averting her eyes from their general direction.

I make a face and she releases me.

__________________

hope you liked it. i'll write more soon.

much love,

meng