interview.

soft kisses, harsh words.

[[to understand more, please read my first story "Song and Key " this is a sequel to that story and this one starts right where the other ends.]]

Takes place about one week after YuNa arrived in Korea.

 

YuNa's POV

 

I look at the girl practically dead and laying on a futon we managed to dig out of our boxes.

“Mei,” I drone kicking her feet.

“Mei dear~” I try singing poking her with my toe.

She refuses to budge so I use my only option left.

I roll her off the futon and start attacking her with her pillow.

“Wake up!” I yell hitting her in the face with the purple torture device.

“I’m up, I’m up,” she sighs rolling over and resting her head in her arms.

“That’s not up, come on. You said you would help me with my interview.”

She doesn’t move.

“Do you want to move back in with Taewon?” I threaten.

Her eyes snap open.

“Give me ten minutes.”

--

We walk up to the SMent building and I gawk at it’s massive size.

“Yuna, you’ve been here before,” MeiXing says pulling at my wrist.

“But I didn’t realize it was this big.”

She smiles and continues pulling me through the door.

I stumble in and try not to freak out as Leetuk from Super Junior walks past us.

Breathe YuNa. He’s just a human being such as yourself.

“Go ahead and ask her,” MeiXing says motioning to the woman at the information desk.

“Excuse me, but I have and interview for a summer writing program. I was hoping you could point me in the correct direction.”

The woman does something on the computer and then looks up. “The interview will be on the fourth floor room 402. Mr. Lee will be interviewing you,” she smiles.

I grip the edge of my sleeves and settle this nervous feeling in my stomach. “Thank you.”

I turn to MeiXing and tell her the room.

“Let’s take the stairs since we’re not in a hurry,” I say this time pulling her. I’d be too scared to find out how I would react to being in an elevator with an idol.

When we get to the room MeiXing looks around and tells me that it’s okay to go.

“Good luck,” she wishes me with a hug.

“Thank you so much,” I say and then turn to knock on the door.

“Come in,” a deep voice calls and I push the door open.

“Annyohaseyo,” I bow as soon as I enter.

“And you are?” the man asks me.

“Jung YuNa,” I smile and am surprised to see that the room is so small.

“Ah, you’re the girl wanting to join our summer writing program.”

I nod.

“How did you find out about this? We didn’t release it to the public so you must know someone that works for SMent.”

“I am really close friends with the new stylist for SHINee.”

He looks at a paper and nods.

“Do you understand what your assignments will be?” he asks.

“Yes, part of it will be showing SM idols in a good light, and the other part will be informing the general public of their activities.”

He shuffles through some papers. “You said somewhere that you were in a communications program at your last school?”

“Yes, I was the top of my class.”

He closes my file and takes his glasses off and places them on top of the manila folder.

“Well YuNa, you seem to be more than qualified for this program,” he says with a smile.

My mouth drops. That was way too easy.

“For the time being you are going to be writing for SHINee. The fact that your friend works for them has nothing to do with this. It simply is that more readers are interested in SHINee since their new single,” he explains.

I nod. “Understand.”

He gives me a toothy grin. “I know the department is small, but I hope that we can grow.”

“I’ll do my best,” I smile and shake his hand.

 

Taemin's POV

 

I hold my head up high so that MeiXing can finish my makeup faster.

“Nuna, what’s the rush?” I ask.

She bounces her shoulders with excitement, “YuNa is in an interview right now for a summer job.”

“What job?” I ask a bit too loud.

“She’s interviewing for the summer writing program. I hope she gets it, she’s a terrific writer,” MeiXing smiles. “Arasso, done!”

“Key, you’re up,” I say jumping out of the chair.

“My turn,” he says running up to MeiXing and giving her a kiss.

Yuck. I’m happy for them, but they really need to stop that.

---
so i'm just setting up the story as of now...i don't think my updates are going to be a regular as they were with song and key...mostly because i'm not totally sure where this is going. I'm kinda cheating tho, Yuna's character is based off of another story i wrote but never published. so...i guess that's not cheating, right?

much love,

meng