Chapter 26. Coed Slumber Party

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 26

The weary group trudged into the hotel happy but exhausted. They had spent the rest of the day hanging out at the boardwalk just playing and having a good time. The girls had their arms full of stuffed toys the guys had won them playing different games.

Melody smiled gently as she watched Ravi, and Hongbin practically carrying Yhinny and Summer. Trina leaned against Ken bumping hips as they walked. On her own waist Leo’s hand rested as they walked. She couldn’t say exactly when it was that they had stopped holding hands and started walking like this but she didn’t mind at all and the slightly possessive way he would tighten his hand when they passed a man sent butterflies fluttering in her tummy.

Trina roused herself drowsily as they reached the rooms and looked startled. “We’re not going to bed are we?”

Hyun nodded in agreement, “It’s still early hyungs…noonas…and I’m kind of hungry.” Ravi hurriedly seconded that and looking at the others who had showed interest at the mention of food N and Melody suggested a movie and some snacks.

They parted ways at the doors so the girls could get their room ready and the guys would go in search of food. Melody and Leo were the last ones at the door and it was with reluctance that they parted, knowing they would be back together again very shortly. As Melody slid out from under Leo’s arm his hand trailed down her arm until it reached her hand and then with a slight caress their fingers slipped apart as they went into the rooms.

Inside she found the others wide awake and racing around freshening up and she blinked startled. Looking at Trina for an explanation the taller girl shrugged sheepishly. “We were hoping someone would suggest a movie. Summer said she has a scary one with her.”

Melody’s eyebrows rose before with a shout of laughter she shook her head helplessly. Those little stinkers she thought with affection, they had planned this.

“Well you girls know I don’t like scary movies so I don’t think I’ll watch it with you.”

Summer hurried across the room to tug on Melody’s hands. “Oh please Unni! You can cuddle with Leo oppa during the scary parts.” The others chimed in agreeing with her and Melody laughed again.

“It’s okay girls. I really want to go for a swim, but I’m sure I’ll be back in time to watch some of it with you.”

The groans of disappointment were cut off when a knock sounded on the door and Trina went over to open it and let the guys in. The amount of snacks they had was astonishing until N admitted they had run down to the little store in the lobby to load up on them.

Melody shook her head at the foolish men and grabbed her swimsuit and went into the bathroom to change. Tossing an oversized tee-shirt over herself she took a towel from the rack and opened the door to see Leo waiting by the hall door in his swim trunks.

“Are you sure?” She asked uncertainty, worried that he might want to watch the movie but felt like he had to go with her. He smiled and her own answering one lit her face as she peeked around the corner to see the others settling in with their drinks and snacks, the previews already starting for the movie. Quickly she grabbed the camera and took a picture. They all looked so adorable in their sleepwear; it was like they were having a giant slumber party. She wondered when she came back if someone would have a mustache drawn on their face because they were the first to fall asleep. Shaking away the memory of having been on the receiving end of that joke once she cleared .

“We’ll be back kids; Leo-yah and I are going for a swim.” They all just nodded except for N and Ken who looked at each other and smiled knowingly.

“Have fun Unni!” Yhinny said as she snuggled on the floor with Ravi.

Melody grabbed a room key off the table and her cell and told them to call her if there were any problems and she and Leo left the room together to head down to the pool…