Chapter 25. The Carousel

The Lion meets the Lioness

 

Chapter 25

N and Melody watched the others on the rides from the safety of the ground. N had valiantly volunteered to keep her company so that she wasn’t left alone since she didn’t like heights.

At his offer everyone had laughed knowing exactly what he was doing but they decided to pretend to buy his story and she thanked him for being such a good dongsaeng.

“Noona?”

Smiling she looked over at N who was looking at her with a serious expression. Ut oh, she thought to herself. What had she done now?

“I’m going to miss you when we leave.”

She nodded sadly, “I’m going to miss you all too.” She looked towards the ride the others were on and inclined her head in that direction. “We all will. When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow is our last full day; we leave early the following morning.”

“We were going to leave tomorrow but the girls wanted to stay another day to spend more time with you all. I guess it worked out well then that we will both be leaving the same day.”

As the ride went around the corner Melody heard the girls squealing and the guys laughing and she smiled tenderly as she squinted against the sunlight to follow the ride with her eyes. The world went dark for a moment as something dropped on her head covering her eyes and when she pushed the corner of the hat up she saw N smiling. He held out a thing of cotton candy and her eyes widened in delight. Thanking him happily the two of them ate the delicate candy. Peeking out of the corner of her eye she grinned impishly and tore off a section of the cotton candy, tapping N’s shoulder she waited for him to turn around. When he did he opened his mouth to say something and she stuffed it in his mouth laughing at his startled expression.

“Oh so that is how it will be?” He asked as he tried to get the sugar from the corner of his mouth that had melted. She shrugged and skipped off like a child towards the carousel. Chasing after her they both got on the ride.

“It still doesn’t seem real N. It’s like a dream that I never want to wake up from.”

He nodded and smiled, he had never expected anything like this to happen when they had been in Korea and he was having so much fun. The members of 4D were unlike any other women he had ever met and doubted he ever would meet any like them again.

“Do you ever plan to come to South Korea?”

Melody looked at him surprised, “Well the girls and I would love it, but I just don’t know if we ever could afford it.” He nodded in understanding.

N tugged the last bite of cotton candy off the stick and leaned over and offered it to Melody. She opened and he popped it in.

 

A figure over by the popcorn cart radiated fury as they watched N and Melody. “That little , now she wants N too?”

The vendor looked over questionably and the person moved away mumbling under their breath in Korean. Seeing the rest of the group heading towards the other two, they slunk closer to see what would happen. When they saw Leo lift Melody off the horse they exploded in rage and grabbed a bottle from the cart and threw it on the ground. The vendor shouted in surprise and VIXX and 4D turned to see what the commotion was.

 

Melody blushed as Leo came up to the stopped carousel and helped lift her off her horse. “Leo-yah, I could get down without any help.” Her cheeks were on fire as she looked at him. A commotion drew their attention and they looked over to see a vendor throw his hat on the ground and yell after a running figure.

“What next?” Summer asked brightly.

Hyuk piped up that he was hungry and they all laughed and agreed that food should be next. They settled on pizza and headed towards the place they had seen on the corner.

Melody shook her head and laughed as Ravi and Yhinny challenged Hongbin and Summer to a race with them carrying the girls on their shoulders. “This will not end well.” She said watching them take off.  Laughter filled the air when Summer shrieked because her shoe had fallen off and they had to turn back to get it.

She felt someone lace their fingers through her own and smiled up at Leo as he glanced down briefly at their hands and a smile tugged the corner of his mouth…