Chapter 7

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally. After all this time, Jonghyun was going to see his plan in action. To check out how well it would go, he woke up early in the morning (he even called Taemin to get ready) and left for school. Once he arrived at the building, he made sure to wait and see who came first: Luhan or Jieun. If Luhan came first, then he wouldn't be able to see Jieun talk to him. If Jieun arrived first, then Jonghyun would have to hope that Luhan would come as quickly as he could.

"Jonghyun?" Hearing his name, he turned around and looked at Taemin, who dragged his feet to the shoe locker.

"Taemin! Have you seen Jieun or anyone else?" Jonghyun asked, waiting for Taemin to approach him.

"I saw Luhan... Seems like he has basketball practice this morning. Speaking of basketball, are you going to let Jieun go to the upcoming basketball tournament? It's in a few weeks. Buy a ticket right now, then you get a discount!" Taemin said, heaving a yawn. Jonghyun scowled and shook his head. Luhan was coming? Then that means Jieun wold have to find another way to chat with him.

This , Jonghyun thought. Sorry, Yoona. Guess I won't be able to see what happens. 

"Here he comes!" Taemin exclaimed, pulling Jonghyun behind the wall. They watched Luhan enter the room with a sports bag around his shoulder. The spied boy walked over to his own locker, and opened it. Fortunately for Taemin and Jonghyun, they were able to see what was in Luhan's shoe locker. They expected his shoes to be in it, but instead it was covered with envelopes--both pink and white.

What shocked them the most was how Luhan opened his empty sports bag, dumped all the letters, and pulled out his shoes from the bag.

"Now they can't steal my shoes anymore," Luhan mumbled. "Stupid fan girls."

Was Yoona stupid, too? Was she just a stupid fangirl to you, too? Jonghyun wondered.

"Look, look!" Taemin hissed, pointing at the door. Jonghyun looked, and widened his eyes. It was as if his plan was destined to happen. Jieun walked in the room, yet she didn't look as tired as Taemin or Luhan was when they came in. She casually strolled into the building, and once she took a few more steps, she looked up and gave Luhan a startled look.

"J...Jieun," Luhan started.

Instead of responding, she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and walked pass him to change her shoes. Seeing this, Jonghyun felt like his eyes were going to burst open. What was she doing? Did she forget? Should he go and remind her?

Luhan nervously his lips, then turned his attention towards her. "Look, listen... I messed up yesterday, so I'm really sorry."

Jieun continued to stare at him. The boy felt pressured over her intense look and looked away. He quickly shoved his hand in his pocket and grabbed a bracelet.

Jonghyun frowned. What the heck is that?

It was a silver charm bracelet attached with a yellow rose charm.

"Envy?" Taemin whispered. Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and watched Luhan grab Jieun's hands. Jieun flinched, but stood still while he shoved the item in her hands.

"I-It's a charm bracelet. You know... As a friend! A yellow rose means friendship, right?" Luhan stammered. 

Jieun nodded her head. She paused and stared at the bracelet. In a few seconds, she slipped it on her wrist and stared at it. Seeing her curious expression, Luhan found himself blushing and rubbed his nape.

"Er... I got to go. B-Basketball practice," Luhan stuttered. What's wrong with me? Stop embarrassing yourself!

Jonghyun watched Jieun sign "thank you" and left. The moment she turned away, he felt dread fill his poor heart. Did she really forget? She was supposed to casually chat with him! Why did she just leave?

"By the way," Jonghyun said, trying to change the subject, "why did you say 'envy' when Luhan pulled out the bracelet?"

Taemin shrugged his shoulders. "A yellow rose means jealousy. I thought he was jealous over Jieun spending too much time with us."

Jonghyun snorted. "No way. He would never be jealous over something like that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to Jieun."

The moment Jieun saw Jonghyun with an angry look during lunch, she knew that she was in deep trouble. But for what? She tried to hide her face under her book, but he was able to spot her before she could run out of the library.

"Lee Jieun, can I have a word with you?" Jonghyun asked, slamming her book in front of her face.

Jieun shook her head. I don't know what I did wrong, but I wouldn't want to talk to you!

"You know what you were supposed to do this morning, right?" Jonghyun asked, his lips.

Talk to Luhan. I did that... kind of. Then again, I can't really talk to him... I should've communicated him by using sign language. Actually, he seemed pretty busy, so that was a bad timing, Jieun thought. While she was thinking, she must've seemed like she was thinking too hard because Jonghyun wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter