Chapter 13

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun kept quiet, then grumbled quietly to himself. He tapped his fingers against the table, annoying Taemin, who was having a meal by himself. The fingers stopped moving, welcoming silence just before it continued to make the irritating rhythmic sound. Finally, after giving up on keeping quiet, Taemin slapped his chopsticks down against the wooden table and glared at his friend.

"What's up?" Taemin asked, knowing that there was something bothering him. Jonghyun looked up at him with a confused expression.

"What do you mean?" he asked back. Taemin leaned forth, knowing that whatever was bothering Jonghyun, he wouldn't admit it easily.

"You look like you got rid of Luhan, but don't feel satisfied or something," the younger boy said, resting his chin against the palm of his hand. "Fess up, what happened?"

Jonghyun gave him a cold look. "I would totally be satisfied if Luhan's presence disappeared from this ground, where Yoona had died."

"Okay, so if it's not Luhan, then could it be... Jieun?" Taemin tried, raising an eyebrow. Seeing Jonghyun's horrified expression, Taemin knew that he hit the jackspot. He smirked and grabbed his chopsticks. "So what happened?"

"Nothing." A pause. "Hey, on a scale of one to ten--one being not so much and ten being a lot--do I mention about Yoona a lot?"

"You want an honest answer?"

Jonghyun nodded his head.

"Then I'd give you a hundred," Taemin said. "You don't just talk about Yoona a lot. You only talk about Yoona. It's like Yoona is the only person in your world. You know what I call that?" Jonghyun shook his head. "I call that obsession."

The older boy's skin paled. He clenched his fingers into a fist and bit his tongue. His eyes narrowed until Taemin couldn't see his pupils, but only a dark, black line. Taemin bent his head a little lower, wondering if Jonghyun was okay. After a few more minutes of thinking, Jonghyun gasped for air and brought his fingers to his hair. 

"I hate him!" Jonghyun shouted. "I hate Luhan!"

Taemin's eyes widened. "W-Woah, dude. Stop shouting. People are going to stare--"

Jonghyun whimpered, then banged his forehead against the table. "Taemin, am I an idiot?"

"Is that what Luhan said?" Taemin asked.

"No," Jonghyun said. "He said that Yoona isn't the only girl in this world, but to me, she is."

"So is that what's bothering you?"

Jonghyun stared down at his hand, which had a slightly reddish mark. He then remembered how he had tried to wipe away Jieun's tears, but she had slapped him with the same hand he was staring at. There was a moment of silence in the air. Then, Jonghyun glanced at Taemin, and showed him the faint mark on his hand.

"No," Jonghyun said. "It's the fact that Jieun, too, is a girl. That's bothering me."

"What are you so worried for, then?" Taemin questioned him. "I've come to realize that Jieun was a female a long time ago."

"No, it's not like that," Jonghyun replied, shaking his head. "Jieun is a girl. Yoona is a girl."

Taemin finally stopped eating his lunch and stared at his friend. "Jonghyun, don't tell me..."

Jonghyun gulped down his saliva and nodded his head. "After what Luhan told me, I'm being conscious over Jieun. Taemin, I see Jieun as a girl now, not as a partner!"

The bell rang, interrupting the boys' conversation. Jonghyun sighed, then stood up. He walked out of the room, but bumped into Jieun. Jieun gasped, lowered her head, and walked into the classroom. Taemin, who was watching, put his hand over his lips and began to think.

Is this supposed to be good since Jonghyun's moving on, Taemin wondered, or is it bad because he's replacing Yoona with Jieun?

Jieun felt terrible. She knew that she had been avoiding Jonghyun, and she knew that Jonghyun was also bothered over her sudden reaction the other day. She pressed her lips together, then layed a bouqet of flowers in front of the tombstone. Jieun didn't know why, but she had subconsciously came to Yoona's grave. She clapsed her hands together, and closed her eyes in prayer. Then, she opened her eyes, and stared at the name engraved in the stone.

You're so lucky, Yoona, Jieun thought. You got a wonderful friend who will do anything in order to harm the boy who caused you to be in this state. I wish he'd look at me instead... I mean, you're dead and I'm alive...

She widened her eyes, and gently slapped herself for thinking such a horrible thought. When the wind blew, Jieun yawned a bit and rubbed her eyes. She gently laid down on the ground, and closed her eyes.

It wouldn't hurt to take a short nap, she told herself. As she began to rest, soft snores escaped through her pink lips.

Jieun found herself in an aqua blue ocean. She tried to swim up to the surface, but realized that she had the ability to breath. When she swam around the water, she encountered two doors. Without noticing, she was teleported to a different room with the two doors in front of her.

"Hello," a sweet voice greeted her from behind. Jieun twirled around, and saw a beautiful girl with large, brown eyes smiling at her. "I'm Yoona!"

Jieun felt like the words she wanted to say were stuck in . "H-Hello. I-I'm Jieun."

"I know," Yoona said, laughing. "You're Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter