Chapter 22

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin almost screamed when he heard the door slam behind him. He looked up from his set of cards. He was playing a game of Goldfish with the girls, who were sleeping in the room next door. When he saw Jonghyun, his face brightened up, glad that his best friend had come over instead of another girl. However, just when he was about to invite him to play, he noticed how pale his friend's skin tone was.

"Oh, Jonghyun!" Jiyeon exclaimed. "Come join us!"

Bomi and Minah exchanged awkward glances. The two nodded their heads at each other, then got up from their seat. They pretended to yawn and stretch.

"You know what, Jiyeon? I'm getting kind of sleepy," Minah said, rubbing her eyes.

"Same here. We'll both go in early, okay? Are you going to keep playing?" Bomi asked.

Jiyeon grimaced. "Yeah, I'll stay for a while. See you two later."

The two girls walked out of the room, but gave Jonghyun a strange look. Once they finally left, Taemin scurried over to his friend, carefully bringing him over to one of the large, comfy hotel beds.

"What's up, buddy?" Taemin asked softly. He turned to Jiyeon. "Can you leave us alone?"

"I refuse. I can see that Jonghyun's in trouble, too. I want to help," she declared, climbing up on the bed. "So what's up, Jonghyun? Is it about Jieun?"

He widened his eyes. "H-How did you know?"

"Oh, come on! It's obvious. I know how special you are to Jieun," Jiyeon said, waving her hand as if it was no big deal. "So what happened?"

Taemin glared at her. "For your information, this is my friend. I'm the only one who gets to ask the question." He turned to Jonghyun. "So what's going on, buddy?"

Jonghyun looked up at the ceiling. He paused for a few minutes, wondering if he should tell them the truth. After a few minutes of pondering, he finally covered his face and let out a tired sigh.

"I confessed to Jieun when she already has a boyfriend," he blurted, barely audible. However, from the looks of Jiyeon's and Taemin's wide eyes, Jonghyun could tell that they caught his quiet mumbles. He fell backwards, landing on the bed while his eyes were glued to the ceiling.

"Woah, man. This isn't cool. You know that you shouldn't touch another guy's girl," Taemin said. "This is bad news."

"Then she kissed me, but I ran away," Jonghyun added, putting his arm over his eyes. "I'm the worst."

Jiyeon frowned. "Wait, wait. So you told Jieun that you like her, but then she kissed you?"

"From what I'm hearing, Jieun is probably the worst right now. I mean, she has a boyfriend, but she has the nerve to kiss another guy? You got stuck in a complicated drama," Taemin pointed out.

"Do you like Jieun? Like, do you really like her?" Jiyeon inquired.

"Yeah, but she kissed me. What's that supposed to mean?" Jonghyun muttered.

"Doesn't that mean that she likes you, too?" Taemin asked.

"I don't know."

"But she kissed you, so there has to be some kind of meaning, right?" Jiyeon added.

"I don't know."

"So does that mean that she doesn't like Luhan–"

"I don't know!" Jonghyun yelled, sitting back up. "I don't know! All I know is that I confessed to her, she kissed me, and I ran!" He blew his bangs to the side. "Can you guys just leave me alone? I have too much to deal with right now."

"Well, we're sharing hotel rooms with Luhan and Hongki, Jonghyun. You need to keep extra quiet, okay?" Taemin informed him. "Do not mention this at all to Luhan. Try to talk to Jieun tomorrow. I'm sure that she was a bit drunk."

Jiyeon scrunched her nose. "Drunk? What on earth are you talking about? There was no alcohol."

Taemin raised his eyebrows. "Oh? Didn't you know? Hongki dragged anyone he could to the room downstairs. He was holding a box of chocolate with alcohol in them."

She heaved a sigh. "Oh. Those chocolates don't do anything."

"Then his friend was carrying a box of alcohol. You know, the ones in the bottle? The game sounded disgusting, so I decided to run away," Taemin said.

"What game was it? Explain!" Jiyeon demanded.

"I don't know. It was something about eating a ton of those chocolate, and if the person felt nauseous, they would give them a 'glass of water,' which would be the alcohol. The guys seemed interested, so I left them alone. It's up to them to ruin their own lives," Taemin told her.

"Oh my gosh. Did Luhan join them?" she asked nervously.

"Heck yeah, he did! He gobbled up those chocolate like a man!" a loud voice shouted from the door.

The three looked up to see Hongki grinning at them. However, his eyeballs moved around in an awkward motion. It was clear that Hongki was drunk from the way he dragged the fourth roommate, Luhan. Luhan had his arm around Hongki's neck, almost strangling the poor man. Still, Hongki somehow got back at him by pulling him into the room, occasionally elbowing Luhan's stomach, who let out a "Oof!" once or twice.

The two finally collapsed on the bed closest to the door, where (fortunately) the rest were not on. Hongki toppled himself over Luhan, who began to drool on the bed sheet. Then, the wild man let out a hysterically laugh, creeping out the ones who were still sane.

"You better go, Jiyeon," Jonghyun said, gently pushing her to exit.

"No! Jieun, you can't go!" Luhan slurred. He raised his arm high in the air, then grabbed ahold of Hongki's bare arm. "Stop her at any cost, you blockhead."

"No, you're the blockhead. Such a jerk. A lazy jerk," Hongki said. His eyes rolled back a bit when he crawled all over Luhan. Jiyeon yelped and quickly ran behind Taemin's back.

"Oh my gosh. Those two are like zombies! Ew, ew!" Jiyeon cried out loud.

"Jiyeon, go!" Taemin exclaimed, pushing the girl in front of him.

"Jieun! Jieun, Jieun!" Luhan called. He slowly stared at Jonghyun, who awkwardly looked away. Then, he shot him a sloppy glare. "You! You kissed Jieun!"

Jonghyun widened his eyes. How on earth did he know?

"Taemin, come with me!" Jiyeon urged, grabbing ahold of Taemin's arm.

"Jieun! Jieun, come back!" Luhan cried. He finally pushed Hongki away, then got up from the bed as quickly as possible. He stumbled for a few minutes like a toddler who could never walk in the first place. Then, he lunged forward, grabbing onto Jiyeon's wrist. Jiyeon was going to scream until Jonghyun forcefully pulled Luhan away.

"Taemin, take her back to her room!" Jonghyun ordered. "He thinks that Jiyeon is Jieun. I'll talk to him."

"Dude, you're going to be killed! He's drunk!" Taemin whispered.

"I'll be fine. Trust me," Jonghyun said, patting his friend's shoulder. "Oh, and don't say a thing about this to Jieun, okay?"

"Jonghyun?" Taemin called again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter