Chapter 19

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one could believe that there was a girl besides Jieun who was waiting for Jonghyun. In fact, he couldn't believe it when he saw beautiful woman standing in front of him. The way she looked at him and smiled swooned his heart, but he was well aware that he was only attracted to her looks. The tall tall girl took careful steps, coming closer to him like a tiger approaching its prey. The stranger combed her long hair for a minute, then brushed it behind her neck, showing her long, slender neck. She was the exact opposite of Jieun: tall, alluring, and had eyes full of pride. 

"Kim Jonghyun, yes?" she asked.

Jonghyun stood for a second, his lips dry. "Y-Yes."

"Mm... You look cute enough. The name is Bora." A pause. "Yoon Bora."

"Yoon Bora, I see. Well, I remember you! You were that person from the... at the... I'm terribly sorry, but who are you?"

"Oh, just a little someone who knows you. You know, I've been watching you, and I got to say, you're really cute! So, how about dating me?" Jonghyun gave her a look of confusing, and Bora decided to come up with a smooth recovery. "I mean, I know it's all sudden, but can't we be friends or something...?"

Friends? Friends?

Jonghyun knew exactly where this woman was going. It was clear that she had little or no feelings for him (though that did bring him some disappointment), and she was going to toy with him. She would act as friends, then ask to date, and who knows what else would come after that. For a moment, the thought of Yoona crossed his mind. However, the dead girl's figure was easily replaced by another beauty who stood a few feet away from him: Lee Jieun.

Jonghyun quickly shook his head and awkward held onto the strap of his backpack. No, there was absolutely no time to think of love or anything right now. He couldn't possibly date this strange, nor could he be her friend.

"I'm sorry, but I can't date anyone right now," Jonghyun said in a half-hearted apologetic tone. "I'm still hung up on someone I used to love, and I need some time to clear my head before dating or stuff."

Bora pouted. "Oh... Then why don't we start as friends--"

"No," he said firmly. "I can't be friends with you, either."

Her pout turned to a frown. "Why not? Is it bad to be friends with me?"

"I'm not very good at befriending... girls," he said, glancing back at the back of Jieun's figure. "Every time I befriend a girl, I somehow fall in love and watch them be taken away by someone else."

As if on cue, Jonghyun managed to see Luhan appear in front of the gates, grinning and flirting with Jieun, who only smiled back. Jonghyun suddenly felt a wide gap in his chest. He felt empty and lost, like a child running around in an endless, dim forest. He bit his bottom lip, struggling to look away from the lovey-dovey scene. What could he possibly do? He just gave Jieun his blessings, so what was he waiting for? A sign? Some sort of clue?

"Then can I at least see you occasionally?" Bora asked, popping in front of Jonghyun's vision. He stared, then cringed.

This person is persistent, he thought.

"I guess, but please don't bother me too much. I might misunderstand," Jonghyun said, trying to walk pass her.

As he walked away, Bora looked back and stared at the direction where Jonghyun was looking the entire conversation. She spotted a rather petite girl next to Luhan, who had paid her money in order to distract Jonghyun. The smaller girl widened her eyes, startled by the sudden eye-contact, and went back to talking with Luhan, forcing a smile with a pale look. Bora smirk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter