Chapter 16

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun's body trembled. His lips quivered with fear as his skin turned pale. He was on his way to home, and he just got off the bus stop. However, an abrupt call from Yoona's mother interrupted his calm night walk and disturbed his peaceful mind.

"Jonghyun? Did you hear me?" Mrs. Im repeated. "Yoona's body was found."

He finally found his voice and spoke with a dry throat. "I...Is she fine?"

"She should be..." Mrs. Im drifted off. Jonghyun felt slightly relief. "... in heaven."

The young boy almost lost his balance. "E-Excuse me?"

"Yoona's body was found," the mother repeated. "However, she was drowned to death. We'll be holding her funeral in a few weeks. Would you like to see her before we burn her into ashes?"

Don't burn her, he thought, angrily gripping his phone. Preserve her.

"Y-Yes... Where is she?" he asked.

"At the Seoul Emergency Hospital. Hurry, though. She won't be there long. Hurry."

With that, Jonghyun hung up the phone. If he ran now, he could probably get to the hospital in about ten to twenty minutes. However, did he want to see Yoona? What if it was too much for him? Would he cry? Was it okay for him to cry? Why couldn't she live? What kind of burden was she putting on him? Was Yoona's mother joking? Maybe she was alive, and Yoona told her to lie about her death. Jonghyun forced a laugh, and quickly ran in the streets.

You better be joking, Im Yoona, he said to himself, tears swelling up in his eyes. You better be joking. You can't leave. Not just yet...

He suddenly slowed down. What if it wasn't a joke? What if Yoona was gone for real?

Jonghyun looked up at the glowing, silver disk. He sniffed, and wiped his runny nose with his sleeves.

Don't cry, he told himself. Crying are for losers.

He stood still and didn't move. He stared at the ground and thought that it was raining, but only his tears spoke up for his true feelings.

What do I do now..?

Jieun felt exhausted when she arrived at the marbled building. She gasped for air and put her hands on her knees, bending her back while tiredly looking up. Where was Jonghyun? Was he with Yoona?

"Jieun!" a deep voice called her. Her eyes lit up, hoping that it was Jonghyun. To her disappointment, Luhan had grabbed her wrist and turned her around. "What are you doing?"

"J-Jonghyun," she stuttered. She looked up at the building with pale eyes. "He... He needs me!"

"Are you sure about that? Do you think he really needs you? Are you sure that it's not you who needs him?" Luhan asked. He tightened his grip around her tiny wrist.

"Let go!" she shouted, ignoring his comment.

"Jieun, listen!" he screamed, twisting her body so that she could face him. His voice suddenly got softer when she saw her anxious eyes. "Why won't you just listen to me..."

"I'm listening!" she yelled back, struggling to escape. "Let go!"

"Lee Jieun! Don't make me hurt you like before!" he suddenly threatened. This caused Jieun to freeze. Her heart thumped loudly, and cold sweat began to form on her forehead. Luhan slowly released her, and watched her closely, wondering if she was going to run.

She didn't.

"Are you listening to me?" Luhan asked. Jieun didn't respond. The threat had affected her so much, she was stunned by fear. Luhan quickly took this opportunity to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter